June 1st, 2008

Schneider: Puerto Rican voters rank economy as No. 1 issue

(CNN) - Puerto Rican voters appear to hold views in line with Democrats on the mainland.

According to CNN's exit polls, voters on the island rank the state of the economy as their top concern, and they overwhelmingly disapprove of the war in Iraq.

Sixty percent say the economy is the top issue, and 82 percent say they disapprove of the war in Iraq. Those numbers are nearly identical to what Democrats on the mainland have said in previous primary contests.

Filed under: Exit Polls
  1. Janet, American via Canada

If the citizens of Pureto Rico had the levage for the General Election, then I would say give them the opportunity to meet all the Candidates on all New s Media and get them into the Union, to vote in the General Election where it really matters.

But, only because Ex-President Bill Clintons First Lady, they only know the Headlines News and that is the only reason she will win in PR>and proves the point of issue that Senator Clinton only wants her cake and eat it, any way she can get it.

June 1, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  2. where the beef?

Another 35point loss. BO can't win in Nov. Hillary locked up the popular vote today no matter what happens in SD & MT

June 1, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  3. where the beef?

Bo can't win the hispanic vote, the bluecollar vote, or the clinton vote. BO is a loser.
    Who is this guy???

June 1, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  4. where the beef?

Obama can't win FL, MI, OH, PA, or WV. Game, Set, and Match for McCain!!!

June 1, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  5. Right On!

And Obama is clueless as to how to fix the economy.

June 1, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  6. Enlightened Voter

What happened to the gas tax holiday?

June 1, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  7. Barbara - 65 yr old white female in NC

Bill Clinton won't be bringing their jobs back either – ha ha ha ha ha.

Fools.

June 1, 2008 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  8. Vig

You are dominating the commentary and you are obviously anti-CLinton like your pal Jack Cafferty – here we are viewer's – another way sexism gets propagandized and you don't even know it for what it is. The sad thing is I don't even think the Schneider types know it either – it just comes so naturally.

June 1, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |
  9. Connie Sturgeon

I believe it was very funny , on TV the other day she was talking with a family in Puerto Rica. The wife did not work and Hillary ask the husband about health care , he said they paid a few dollars a week. I am a retired state employee and I pay five hundred dollars a month. I just can not feel sorry for them. I believe her campaign should talk with these famlies before they put them on TV with her.

Connie from Indiana

June 1, 2008 05:44 pm at 5:44 pm |
  10. JJ-Orlando

Can you blame them (referring to the headline) the status of being an American in the world internationally today is about that or equal to the status of a felon here in America. Why would they want to be a state, of course they think the dollar is headed to financial armageddon by 09. Thanks big corporate lobbyist your to blame.

June 1, 2008 06:50 pm at 6:50 pm |
  11. kido from WV

I know you wouldn't post this. Where is your statistics on her empty promises on " Becoming voter on the general election"? See how many are honest on this issue. Every primary she goes, she has to come up with some lie and hate you can count on. PA– Bitter comment, OH–trade deal; CA and NV-drivers licence; WV and KY-Gas tax and so on. What did Obama do? he has been consistent throught out the primary. Done! If you have common sense, face the truth. She has been lying and attacking the whole time.

CNN, Please stop comparng primary and general election? Apple and orange? Duhhhh! You guys just compared Obama Vs Clinton with Bush Vs Kerry in Kanawha County, WV. If i were you, i would have compared Obama Vs Clinton with McCain Vs Huchabee. This is not general election!!! Wake up!

Best political team? Claim it by telling the truth. I am so tired of you guys.

June 1, 2008 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  12. Laidetea

I must say that this is the kind of voters Hillary can attract. People whom obviously don't know any better. I was told here in the US my vote didn't count because I live in a state the was have caucuses, and then I was told that my delegates didn't count for anything. Another time Hillary said that my vote didn't count because I have an education nor was I white, hard working white voter.

So, it is likely that Hillary attracts those voters that doesn't have any of the above description I just gave. How sad.

June 1, 2008 07:38 pm at 7:38 pm |