June 2nd, 2008

Clinton message: She'll do what it takes in November

Obama insiders believe Clinton is sending signals she would be willing to join the ticket.

NEW YORK (CNN) – Sen. Hillary Clinton is poised to deliver a message Tuesday "that she will do whatever it takes" to put a Democrat in the White House - a message that Barack Obama insiders say indicates she would accept an offer to be Obama's running mate if asked.

"In her speech tomorrow night, she will convey the message that first and foremost she is committed to Democrats winning in November and will do whatever she's asked to do," a close friend and adviser of the former first lady, who speaks with her regularly and is privy to her deliberations, told CNN Monday.

"She will do whatever it takes to bring the party together to win and whatever is asked of her to make sure the Republicans are defeated."

That message has been conveyed to the Obama campaign via informal channels, according to Obama insiders who said the message is a signal that she would be willing to serve as his vice president.

Both the Clinton and Obama campaigns told CNN that there have been no formal discussions between the campaigns.

Obama insiders are split over whether considering Clinton to be on the ticket is a good idea.

Full story

1. cheryl houston,tx

She can ask, but he don't have to accept her offer. And Im not sure he'd want a conniving old school politician like HRC or Bill (They're a package deal you know).

June 2, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  2. Obama broke the party

If Hillary isn't nominated then I don't care if she is vice president or not. I won't vote for Obama as president. I'm a dem all of my life, but I won't vote for him. Yeah, I know you Obama supporters, if you don't vote for him then you're a racist. That's another reason why I would never vote for him because he and and his supporters play the race card. I'll vote McCain instead, good luck democrats.

June 2, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  3. Xavier, East Windsor, NJ

This is the beginning of the creation of 'A Team of Rivals', one of the most powerful and memorable administrations in the nation's history.

Obama-Clinton 08 would lead to a landslide victory.

June 2, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  4. tony

This is the first time in my life that I have ever donated to a political campaign.
    And I did so not once but three times for Barack Obama!! I did so hoping to finally put an end to the lies and the trash of team Clinton.
    As much as I want Barack to be president, I will find it impossible to vote for him if there is a Clinton on his ticket – be it Billy boy, Hillary or young Chelsea.
    Please!!!!! Send Hillary home and find a decent and honest person for the second spot on the ticket!

June 2, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  5. 45 white male in PA

JUST SAY NO...TO HILLARY...SHE IS NO GOOD...SHE DOEES NOT DESERVE TO BE ON THE TICKET...I WILL VOTE FOR MCCAIN IF SHE IS ON THE TICKET,,OR ANYWHERE NEAR THE WHITE HOUSE IN HIS CABINET

June 2, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  6. YAM

I believe that Hilliary as Vice President of the United States will be a big mistake. A few weeks ago, Obama went to one of his mentors, Kennedy who stated that he would not suggest that because Obama will have a huge package on his package with Bill Clinton possibly solicitating his unwanted suggestions and view. PLEASE Obama do not add Hilliary to the ticket.

June 2, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  7. MLH

Senator Clinton would be a great choice to spearhead the health care initiative. It is something she has dedicated a great deal of her life to, and it is fitting that as we come close to achieving this goal, she should be remembered for it. She is a hard worker who can get things done, and she should hold out for a job that is better than that most famously described as not being worth a 'bucket of warm spit.'

June 2, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  8. DannyCali

No.......Hillary.......Nope.....Do not be Obama VP let run for other party is better, you have more qualify than him and more chance to United American why you have to be his VP? Run for your self until it end is better we still need you and we will support you until end.

June 2, 2008 10:10 pm at 10:10 pm |