June 3rd, 2008

Clinton wins South Dakota primary, CNN projects

Despite SD victory, Clinton has failed to land the nomination.
Despite SD victory, Clinton has failed to land the nomination.

(CNN) – Sen. Hillary Clinton will win the South Dakota primary, according to CNN projections based on exit poll results and actual voting.

Despite Clinton's win in South Dakota, she falls short of the Democratic nomination for president. Her rival, Sen. Barack Obama, secured the nomination earlier in the evening.

1. Hillary-who?

We will move forward and take back the White House ... without hillbilly.

I'm listening to her blah, blah, blah at this very moment, and it is absolutely STINK.

Still saying LIES.

June 3, 2008 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  2. jim carey

Personally I think Hillary ought to think about sticking to the Senate. She was elected, re-elected and she will no doubt be re-elected again by the New York voters. I think the voters of this country can only take so much at once in the way of "firsts", and now that Hillary is settlled in the Senate she ought to stay there. New York is still reeling from the incident with their ace governor's scandal, the attack on NYC , plus which the Democrats need a solid person such as her in the Congress. However, as bright as she is, I'm sure she will make the wisest choice for her current position as NY Senator, for the Democratic Party, for herself and for the country.

June 3, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  3. ow a paper cut

I'm going to miss Hillary Clinton. She reminds me of Tonya Harding waiting for a Jeff Gilhooley to work his magic.

June 3, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  4. Scott

Clinton won 5 out of the last 7 primaries..I really wonder if all this Stuff about Obama-(racist)etc.. came out before super tuesday,if the results would have been the same as today..I doubt it.

June 3, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  5. God Bless America

Congrats! Hillary is an amazing fighter, and a great public servant, and bless her heart!

Democrats need to unite.

United we stand, divided we fall! Don't vote for what you don't represent!

GOOOOOOBAMA

June 3, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  6. Sarah

Funny how the Obama supporters who for the past months have been spewing hate left and right at Clinton supporters calling them stupid, racist, bitter bigots, are now oh so nice. BASH AND BEG It really shows their immaturity.
    Congratulations Senator Obama, I mean that sincerely. I still will not vote for him though, he can thank his hate-filled supporters for that.

June 3, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  7. Jay

"This is the weakest clinching of a nomination in modern history." -Tony

Ok, and if Hillary had won the nomination, wouldn't she be equally as weak for not winning nearly half of the votes and delegates? Both candidates had their respective bases and Hillary won a closed primary (SD). The general election is made up of more than just Democrats, and Obama's win generally have shown that he appeals to a wider group of voters that decide elections. Why is it OK to denigrate Obama even after he defeated a so-called experienced candidate who had 100% name recognition among Democrats. Wouldn't that make Clinton weaker? Think about it.

June 3, 2008 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  8. j. h.

I feel Hillary as a former presidents wife has been treated with kid gloves throughout this campaign and Obama has been trashed in so many unfair ways it is so unfair for such a dignified individual to be treated in such a harsh light!!! In her speech tonight she is still not showing Obama the respect that he deserves by talking about how great SHE is and what SHE wants.

June 3, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  9. John VR

Is she not going to admit it? What is she doing?

June 3, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  10. Charlotte

I will not switch to Obama. I will write Hillary on my ballot in November. I will not vote for McCain. I will vote for the best candidate even if that candidate is not on the ballot.

June 3, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  11. Jessica, GA

A case for VP? The Clintons want something out of everything.

June 3, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  12. Deb B.

Hillary wins!! Oh sorry, I forgot my vote doesn't count!

June 3, 2008 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |