June 3rd, 2008

The old fashioned way

ALT TEXT

Hillary Clinton's speech Tuesday night is being held in a college gymnasium two stories below ground. Blackberries and cell phones don't work, so reporters have to rely on old fashion phone lines to communicate. (Photo Credit: CNN's Mike Roselli)

Filed under: Hillary Clinton
  1. Kristen

LOL, well its fitting for the candidate.

June 3, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  2. NoHillary

Looks like left over stuff from the Florida recount facilities.

June 3, 2008 08:07 pm at 8:07 pm |
  3. BIFF, BIFFINGTON...

CNN, Why have you silenced me. There is nothing offensive in this post. This is literally my seventh attempt at it. I have literally BEGGED you to post this so I may show it to my children.

I AM THE DECENDANT OF SLAVES…. My parents have seen the type of racism in this country that most pretend is completely gone and that we only now generally see in books and movies. My mother KNEW a slave. (thus… I "know" someone who actually "KNEW" … a slave)…

NO… this selection of a bi-racial person as the standard bearer of the Democratic party is NOT to be enjoyed and viewed with pride "only" by African-Americans. THIS IS A VICTORY FOR HUMANITY. Yes, those who cannot see past their noses via racial identity … on both sides…. will either revel in, or curse this outcome. BUT THIS IS A PERSON OF TRUE INTEGRITY AND VISION who REFUSED to be pulled into the gutter every step of the way. HIS WORKS WILL TRANSCEND PETTINESS.

THANK YOU, AMERICA…. I used to be fearful, and even somewhat angry that I had to tell my children about this country and it's sin. I now have hope for them. I have hope.

Only in America. God Bless The United States of America !

June 3, 2008 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  4. RickytheGriff

"Hillary Clinton's speech Tuesday night is being held in a college gymnasium two stories below ground."

A fitting metaphor, don't you think?

June 3, 2008 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  5. Lette

OBAMA, OBAMA, OBAMA!!!!!!!

June 3, 2008 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  6. Mrs. Lee

Hmm....2 stories below ground eh?.......She's planning to bomb the country....or at least the state Obama will be in tonight?

June 3, 2008 08:08 pm at 8:08 pm |
  7. julie - oakland, ca

way to go kristen and no hillary...your candidate is about to make history and all you can do is put down his potential vice president....nice...

June 3, 2008 08:09 pm at 8:09 pm |
  8. Doug Pancoast

Oh my gosh. The press will actually have to use landlines? How will they survive having to use 5 year old technology?

June 3, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  9. Belle

This is like a really dumb question:

If FL and MI challenge the DNC's Decision and the Convention Committee Seats them fully....and the final number is 2118...wouldn't that put BOTH Clinton and Obama over the mark???

June 3, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  10. Karen

I guess this is all Hillary could afford!!

Obama '08

June 3, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  11. young obama supporter

maybe she can sell those phones to get some of her money back.

June 3, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  12. ryand

Oh, silly metaphors...how you MOCK HILLARY SO!

June 3, 2008 08:10 pm at 8:10 pm |
  13. Belle

PS
    By the way...Obama has the Governor of South Dakota, and the advantage...why is Clinton ahead by double digits???????

June 3, 2008 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  14. bryan

not gonna lie, that's pretty ridiculous.

June 3, 2008 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  15. king from toronto

well !! when the money's gone,so does ur friends!! obama 09

June 3, 2008 08:11 pm at 8:11 pm |
  16. Lette

Actually, Belle that would move the goal post once again. She still can't win!

June 3, 2008 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  17. Charles

I am an Obama supporter and have been since the beginning. I was a Republican but switched parties to support Barak Obama. Hillary Clinton was fought hard, fought a very determined fight for those things she believes in. She needs to be commended for doing that. She has brought many issues up and fought hard for them.

She needs to be applauded and praised for her work.

That being said, the campaign was over back in February when Obama went on an 11 primary/caucus win streak. He has out campaigned her and the vaunted Clinton machine. This has been a historic season and tonight will be a historic evening.

June 3, 2008 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  18. Barb

Just be gracious Hillary, that's all we ask. This is a historical night and America is on the brink of greatness. We've come a long way.

June 3, 2008 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  19. Texan for Progression

If I were cruel I would say that this is the best her money can buy at this point, but I'm not so I won't.

June 3, 2008 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  20. Daniel

I'm glad to see my party coming together.

June 3, 2008 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  21. Hillary: The Real Nominee

Here is tomorrow's news;

Obama secure nomination with loss in South Dakota.

Democratic super delegates select another loser for the nominee.

McCain's chances to win presidency increases to 110%!

June 3, 2008 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |