June 5th, 2008

Lanny Davis joins VoteBoth

Davis is a supporter of Hillary Clinton.
Davis is a supporter of Hillary Clinton.

(CNN) – Lanny Davis, one of Hillary Clinton's most stalwart supporters, is stepping up his efforts to land Hillary Clinton in the No. 2 spot on the Democratic presidential ticket, joining the group VoteBoth.com as a senior adviser.

The organization was set up several weeks ago by former Clinton aides with the initial mission of landing both candidates on the same ticket, no matter what the order. In recent weeks the group has pivoted to expressly advocating for Clinton to serve in the No. 2 spot.

Co-founder Sam Arora says Davis, who has become a fixture on cable news shows, will be a "terrific advocate."

"He’s going to be out there making the case for how the Obama-Clinton 'dream ticket' puts Democrats in the best place to beat the Republican machine in November," Arora told CNN.

Often appearing on CNN, Davis has been a tenacious advocate for Clinton during the course of the primary season.

Following Obama's speech on his relationship with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright in March, Davis expressed concern on the Huffingtonpost.com that Obama still had not answered several questions about the controversial pastor. In a Wall Street Journal Op-Ed a month later, Davis again pressed the Illinois senator to address "unanswered questions" about his former pastor more fully.

He also wrote an article on the Huffingtonpost.com in April titled "The Top Ten List of Undisputed Facts Showing Barack Obama's Weaknesses in the General Election Against John McCain.

VoteBoth.com also reports its petition seeking a unity ticket has maxed out its web servers. The petition includes several prominent Democrats, most of whom are backers of the New York Democrat, including Govs. Ed Rendell and Tom Vilsack and Sens. Chuck Schumer and Dianne Feinstein.

Clinton reportedly raised the issue of serving as vice president in a conference call with New York supporters Tuesday. Her campaign said the New York senator is willing to do whatever she can to help the party unify ahead of the fall election.

1. Can Not Stop

I don't want to burst your bubbles, but even if you try to stop this you can't. This is way bigger than all of us.

June 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  2. Honky white guy from chicago

Lenny needs to wake up and realize that its all over for Clinton. Hillary should distance herself from this obviously disillusioned character.

June 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  3. Just me

Would someone please tell me why Obama should put Hillary on the ticket? Seriously....the woman ran a very negative campaign against him. At times it seemed as though some of her comments were border line raciest. Her campaign is millions of dollars in debt. She always said she was running for president not VP. So why now would she want to be his running mate unless it was for power.

I'm a Republican that has been leaning toward Obama but Hillary on the ticket I will be voting for McCain.

June 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  4. s

It is not fair that all of these people are trying to pressure Obama into choosing Clinton for the VP spot. If the shoe were on the other foot would she be pressured to choose him, no she would be free to make her own choice. Mr. Obama ran a great campaign, and he made all of the right decisions, why not trust him to make the right choice now.

June 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  5. GL, Bend, OR

Lanny – HRC would do nothing for an Obama ticket, except demonstrate that he wants to remain connected to old school practice & politics.

Now, if you really want to do something for to help Hillary – Send a check to our local high school. The Clinton's have not paid their bill. Our Bend-LaPine school District has had to pay the costs for President Clinton's campaign visit, which includes having to pay for the two sign language interpreters who were to be paid directly by the campaign.

Now that would help education in our area. Thanks in advance!

June 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  6. Tracy

Lanny please go sit down someplace. Quietly, because you are making no sense.

You are pathetic on television, whining over Hillary's loss and trying to shove the VP spot down Obama's throat.

If what you said and thought had any relevance, your candidate would have won. Due, in part, to your own inadequacies she not only lost, she disgraced herself and persuaded many older white women to burn their bras and behave like complete and utter idiots in front of the whole world in the name of some trumped up sexism charges.

Hillary caused thousands of caucus voters to become disenfranchised with your ridiculous claim to the popular vote. But in your calculations, votes like mine did not count.

There is no way you have a place in the OBAMA revolution, and nor does Hillary. You are not a true democrat and she needs psychiatric help. Back up, withdraw your nose and lips from her posterier, and go sit in a quiet corner on Mars.

Signed, a real feminist voter who does NOT support Hillary.

June 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  7. Please no

Go away!!!

June 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  8. southerner

Someone needs to start "VoteNeither". I'd join :)

June 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  9. Lynn

I guess if she would except the Vice-President position, I would have to get over my dislike of Obama and vote for the ticket. I could go on and on of the reasons I do not like Obama, Rezco, Rev. Wright, his church, his ties to Chicago corruption, his talk but not really good solutions for this country, his wife issues – you get my point. But since I don't like him you know what I will be called.

10. GERALD STROTHER

wont work !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go obama

11. Agent of Change from FL

What a fanatic? How come it's so hard to them to accept that OBAMA has WON the nomination? They can't force him to choose Hillary!

12. No Way!!

I won't vote for that ticket.

13. annick

After Vote Hill now it's Vote Both. But guess what Lanny, prepare for the 3rd and final step: Amouttahere

14. Endthedramavoteobama

No Lanny, that ticket would be a nightmare and you deluded people from the HillBilly camp know that.....you are now trying to get Obama to lose the election. Not that HillBilly is not a strong candidate, but combined with the positive message of change and reform from Obama, that would be a disaster.....the McBushes are dying for the opp. to unwrap the hosts of negative ads they had waiting for HillBilly......don't do it Obama.

15. Dave in TX

Someone stop the "VP at Gunpoint" campaign. Hillary and her supporters need to stop trying to undermine the Obama campaign. He will pick the right person at the right time. (Jim Webb)

16. Susan

NO WAY, NO HOW!!

17. Dallas, TX

Sorry, Lanny, we DO NOT want Hillary as VP!!!

Suck it up, close it down and call it a day!

Obama has earned the right to choose his own VP and there are plenty of options, so again, let me make it clear, Hillary is not wanted as VP!

18. Beverly Wilkins

Mr. Davis is of service to absolutely no one. We have the confidence in Hillary herself to make her case; having been properly vetting for the number two spot on the ticket. How much is he getting paid each time he appears and through this effort? The answwer must be zero. No exception. Volunteer activity on behalf of someone you support is always great, but in this case unwarranted.

Please allow us all to heal. Our candidate lost.

Respectfully,

Bev Ohio

19. Tom, Salem Oregon

Hillary should push a deal to select a woman to be VP, but not Hillary herself. Although not the first VP candidate, but likely to be the first woman VP that gets elected. A woman governor from a blue collar swing state perhaps. The most important thing now for Hillary to have influence when she returns to the Senate.

20. Jeff

Go away Lanny

21. matt

We've recently seen huge numbers of Hillary supporters claiming that they will vote for John McCain in November. I understand their frustrations over their candidate not getting the nomination. I really do. In 2004 I was a very strong supporter of John Edwards. I felt a personal connection to his campaign. When I did some more research, I couldn't bring myself to vote for John Kerry, but I certainly wasn't going to vote for George W. Bush. I knew better.

I instead researched all the parties that candidates that were running. I fell in love the with Green Party's candidate David Cobb. In November, I voted for David Cobb. I felt like I was casting my vote for the person who best represented my personal politics.

I strongly urge all the Clinton supporters out there who are calling for a switch to the McCain boat to make this consideration. If you really truly can't support Barack Obama, please look at the alternatives. Don't switch to McCain because you are angry your candidate lost. Be intelligent and look into alternatives. Make sure that you are supporting someone that acutally represents your best interests and not the best interests of the people that are harming America.

June 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  22. Mr. Wes

no way

June 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  23. Kevin Leo (Jonesboro, GA)

The more that Barack is being cornered to select Hillary as his VP, the less likely it will be. Think about it from your own perspective...when someone kept trying to force you to do something, did you automatically jump and do it, even if you wanted to.

June 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  24. GwenShaw

You know, I simply do not trust this organization and their efforts to "force" Obama to place Sen. Clinton on the ballot. It goes without saying that the primary process brought out things about both candidates that clearly indicate they shouldn't be on any ticket together. Sen. Clinton will not enhance the Obama ticket. No one votes for the President based on who their running mate is. I am disappointed in how they are literally trying to force their way on the ticket. Obama is a smart man and I'm sure he won't fall for this.

June 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  25. NoMcSame

Go away. Let the man do his job. White boys form the GOOD OLE BOY CLUB still have to try to show that they are in control. Well not this time PAL because the people are in control and the American people want Obama pick his own VP.
    Hillary lost now go away.
    Sebelius was with him and has supported him from day one, so maybe she should get first in line.

June 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |