June 7th, 2008

HillaryClinton.com goes Obama-centric

Sen. Clinton's campaign Web site took on a new look Saturday as she endorsed Sen. Barack Obama.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – In concert with her speech Saturday, the banner image across Hillary Clinton’s Web site flipped to “Support Sen. Obama today.”

The site – which has been a central part of Clinton’s fund-raising efforts and a signature part of her speeches – now asks supporters get behind Sen. Barack Obama and “together we can write the next chapter in America’s story.” The box alongside the email sign-up, however, still solicits contributions to her campaign.

Clinton has suspended her presidential campaign. By suspending instead of dropping out, she technically remains a candidate, entitled to keep statewide pledged delegates and district-level delegates.

A video message on the site, posted four days ago, thanks her supporters, telling them: “I could not have made this part of the journey without you,” but makes no mention of the presidential nominee.

Update: Sen. Obama has returned the favor online.  The Obama campaign's Web site has been altered to allow visitors to leave messages of thanks for Sen. Clinton.  Click here to see this new feature on the Obama site.

1. Ken

Gee whiz, CNN – you always close your articles so soon that it's difficult to get my comment in.

I found Hillary's speech to be a good one, and I'm an Obama supporter. I know it must not have been easy for her to concede, or suspend her campaign, but that's politics. She knows that. And as far as Obama going golfing before her speech, exactly why should he have to stay home and watch what he knows she is going to say? They had their own little meeting and I'm sure she will be getting some nice cushy job in his administration. Besides, he has been campaigning for the last 16 months with little more than a 3-day vacation in the Bahamas. Give the guy a break. It's a nice day and if he wants to go out golfing, good for him. I would certainly rather be golfing than watching Hillary give a concession speech.

June 7, 2008 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  2. Don't "Write In" - won't count

DON'T "WRITE IN" HILLARY. Many states automatically give democratic write-in to the “official” nominee, so YOU MAY ACTUALLY BE VOTING FOR OBAMA. In other states, unless a candidate has officially declared him/herself a write-in candidate, that vote won't count, either. SO DON’T WASTE YOUR VOTE THAT WAY.

June 7, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  3. Mimi De La Cruz for OBAMA

IF YOU LIKE WHERE WE ARE VOTE MCBUSH.

June 7, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  4. Richard, FL

“I will work my heart out to make sure that Senator Obama is the next president, and I hope and pray that you will join me."

Without any doubt, HILLARY SUPPORTERS WHO WILL VOTE FOR McCAIN believe:
    (1) she isn’t telling the truth or
    (2) she is just for her party and doesn't care at all what happens to our country or
    (3) she's so ignorant that she can’t figure out how bad Obama is

Their actions show how little respect they really had for her and how little they trust her.

June 7, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  5. YES WE CAN! YES WE WILL

THIS IS GREAT AS LONG AS THAT TOGETHER DOES NOT MEAN HILLARY AS VP! I'M SORRY, BUT I CAN NOT WRAP MY MIND AROUND THAT THOUGHT, I DON'T THINK THEY WOULD PERSONALLY WORK GOOD TOGETHER.

I AM FOR HILLARY BEING ON THE TICKET I THINK SHE WILL BE GOOD ON THE SUPREME COURT OR SOMEWHERE WHERE SHE CAN WORK ON HEALTHCARE, LET HER FULFILL HER DREAMS OF THIS.

WELCOME ALL ONBOARD, WE CAN AND WILL DO THIS TOGETHER AS ONE PEOPLE, ONE PARTY AND ONE NATION!

June 7, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  6. Pat, CA

June 7, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  7. Susan

First of all, those who are critizing Obama for playing golf – today was not about him. It was about Hillary, and letting her be in the spotlight. He kept out of the way and let her have her moment, so knock that one off! I though Hillary was brilliant today, and I commend her for one of the best speeches I have ever heard. It is time for unity, or be prepared to have more of your sons and daughters murdered in a sensless war, let your phones be tapped without just cause, pay $10.00 for gas, and 6.00 for a gallon of milk, and have no way to pay for your healthcare. I tip my hat to Senator clinton, wish her well, and look forward to her continual endorsement of Senator Obama!

June 7, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |