June 8th, 2008
8 months ago

Obama 'fist bump' catching on

Feinstein and Hutchison share a fist bump.
Feinstein and Hutchison share a fist bump.

(CNN) - In a reference to Barack and Michelle Obama's celebratory fist bump on Tuesday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, and Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, ended their conversation on CNN's Late Edition with their own version of the “hand shake.”

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. YES WE CAN + YES WE WILL= DEMS IN WHITE HOUSE

I just want to take this opportunity to beg all Obama supporters to resist arugering with Hillary's I do know that it can be extremely hard to do, but it really serves no purpose. Many of them will vote for Obama once they have the time to settle down and reason things out, but if they do not then that will be OK too, there is enough of us that have stood by him and millions that have had buyers remorse since voting for Hillary so that number is not as much as they are claiming, plus we must consider the Independents that were not allowed to vote in their state's primaries, then there are thousands of of young people that will becoming of age before Nov. that were not aware that they could have voted in Primaries. Also believe it or not many did not vote in Super Tuesday because they did not know who Obama was and did not believe he would have a chance, many that are sorry that they did not vote. There are those that are in Mi & Fla that will vote for Obama , then let's not forget those Republicans that will be voting for Obama. There will be EX HILLARY SUPPORTERS that WILL VOTE OBAMA, I AM ONE OF THEM!

Hillary supporters are acting like most that are not used to have power and now that they THINK they have it, they want others to beg and sweat over them, I will not, I believe it best to ignore them at this point, allow them time to calm down, but please STOP begging and arguring with them, they will have to reason this out on their own just like the MILLIONS OF US THAT DID!

IT'S TIME TO GET OVER IT MOVE ON, AND GROW UP! BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE SHUT UP ABOUT IT ALREADY! YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES DISAPPOINTED, I READ A COMMENT FROM A 15 YEAR OLD THAT HAS ALREADY REASONED IT OUT AND SOUNDS MORE MATURE THAT MOST GROWN UP IN THESE BLOGS STILL CRYING AND TAKING A TANTUM!

ENOUGH ALREADY! EITHER THESE PEOPLE ARE TOO STUPID TO REASON WITH ANY WAY OR THEY ARE JUST ANGRY AND WILL COME AROUND EITHER WAY IGNORE THEM FOR NOW!

NEW SUPPORTER OF OBAMA!

NO McCAIN!

END THE WAR, BRING OUR TROOPS HOME! HELP OUR ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 8, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  2. A Latte Lover, Seattle, WA

Marty, you are right the fist bump has been going on for years and you can't attribute it to the Obama's, but THEY are going to make it popular now.

The Obama's are a breath of fresh air. From Washington State, we love you Barack and Michelle!!!

NO TO MCINSANE, OLDER WOMEN FOR OBAMA, 08

June 8, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  3. Ken

I cannot believe that the media is making such a big deal about something so small.

Even crooks and other less desirable people use the so called "fist bump" Why isn't the media making a big deal about them???

Ever since Barack Hussein Obama hit the airway, the media has made him their "Golden Boy". The media slammed Hillary Clinton and praised Obama, what a joke!

Hillary Clinton won the POPULAR VOTE and she deserves to be the nominee instead of Obama

June 8, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  4. BJ

oh yah way to go obama style.
    obama 08

June 8, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  5. Toni

The "fist bump" has unfortunately become The Macarena. It has officially become "dorky".And if I see Obama, Michelle and the rest of Obama's delegates hip hop.....I will puke.

June 8, 2008 09:24 pm at 9:24 pm |
  6. Diana from PA

The reason they're reporting is that Fox News reported on it and obliquely referred to it as a "terrorist fist bump." Obviously Dianne Feinstein is trying to eliminate any chance of that characterization being seen as remotely valid.

June 8, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  7. The US abolishes century old clinton dynasty

CNN
    has no news they are like People magazine..

CNN
    does not report facts it reports gossip

CNN
    titles are so miselading

CNN
    polls are so unreliable and what is reported is not the results

CNN is totally obsessioned with billy boo and hilarious

CNN is clinton national news..

CNN needs to figure out that they are outdated
    CNN needs to know that we have a nominee in the Democratic Party
    CNN needs to know that we have two people running for presidnet
    CNN needs to start reporting on that.

Clinton National News..

June 8, 2008 09:25 pm at 9:25 pm |
  8. Renatti in Ohio

Inspiring speech HILLARY! but, I will not vote for Obama in November. I have already changed my party affiliation and YES I am voting for McCain and so is my family. We want a qualified candidate, and not an empty suitcase.

June 8, 2008 09:26 pm at 9:26 pm |
  9. Derek

The ignorance of some people on these CNN comment boards is completely intolerable. I cannot understand why people who were once Hillary Clinton supporters would just suddenly jump ship on the party she is a member of, and ignore her call to action to get behind the other candidate.

It's ridiculous. It's this whole sense of American entitlement that we suffer from collectively; a real childish attitude. "If I can't win the game, I'm taking my ball and going home."

There are even people posting here saying "I'll vote for McCain just because he's NOT Obama. McCain will be terrible, but my voice will be heard." What a bullheaded and stupid thing to say. It's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Don't vote for one candidate or the other in order to piss people off; vote for somebody because you believe they're the best for the job and have a clear vision of what needs to be accomplished.

Whether McCain or Obama has more experience is really a moot point, in my opinion. NOBODY has "experience" in this job until they are ACTUALLY the President of the United States.

I certainly won't tell you who to vote for – we are all entitled to our opinions – but I WILL say that this nasty left turn over Clinton's supporters going over to McCain's side shows a huge immaturity in the voting public.

June 8, 2008 09:27 pm at 9:27 pm |
  10. Pete

The fist-bump is old school. You all really need to get with it! Try "my duggie" and get back at me

June 8, 2008 09:29 pm at 9:29 pm |
  11. What if?

TO Molly & Others like her, I hope the voters who can't afford gas, health care, lose love ones in this war and high food cost, find you, because if they that DUMB to listen to a person that say she was for Clinton, but not Obama is a person who has prejudice issues and need help. Write Hillary name, but for us who needs financial help, we can’t ask her for any money, Hillary has millions, what do you have? I am a Obama supporters, and yes, if Hillary was the nominee, I would vote for her in a second, she's DEMOCRATES- RIGHT...I AM A DEMOCRATE..................BE true to yourself if not anyone else….

We who are suffering from the Bush administration are getting tired of you voters who think it's all about YOU, when it should be about ALL of US. Some of us voters have suffered enough, we finally have a chance to get help from a demarcated president, and all you can think about is proving your. Instead of being on here trying to get someone to follow your lead, you should be thinking about OTHERS while you cast your VOTE the nominee. When you say you are going to teach the DNC party or Obama a lesson, how, he still will be a Senator, lawyer and more? After November they all (including Hillary) will still be able to AFFORD gas, make ENOUGH MONEY to survive any type of economy woes, outstanding health insurance for entire family, still have their JOBS, continue to have MILLIONS of dollars in their accounts. The only lesson you will teach anyone, including yourself, is that you are a selfish voter.

June 8, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  12. Sheep

Okayyyy, now we get to see grown, professional woman doing the ghetto bump! This has been around for ages and now its gonna be the "only" semi handshake to use and if you dont your a racist!!!

Anybody have a house I can rent in Australia????

June 8, 2008 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  13. Jewel - NC

I think is is cute. Maybe you should try it.

June 8, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  14. LJ

What's ghetto about a fist bump? What is ghetto anyway? Explain that to me!

June 8, 2008 09:38 pm at 9:38 pm |
  15. teacher

matthew shelton June 8th, 2008 7:16 pm ET

Just what we need. A Ghetto govornment and president.

We often don't know what to say out of our mouths. However, when the tables turn we don't know what to do.

June 8, 2008 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  16. Hooked-on-phonics

DAN – "How cute a hand shake people do not to give each other the flu and now as if the Obamas have invented it, isn't it cute, get real this is nosiating"

What's nauseating is your inability to put together a sentence, have any sort of grammar, or spell.

June 8, 2008 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  17. Obama 08/12 / no Hillary

Bayou Jo dont say something never went wrong geez her negative
    untrue statements used day after day while bragging on McShame .
    This is a hang out for Republicans they want more war and end Roe v Wade actually McShame has forgotten what he said 5 minutes ago .

June 8, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  18. DWAINE

After reading all this crap i say bump this.
    say goodnight Gracie