June 9th, 2008

Blitzer: Many of Clinton's supporters are still angry

Will angry Clinton supporters come around by fall?
Will angry Clinton supporters come around by fall?

WASHINGTON (CNN) – There is no doubt that many of Hillary Clinton’s most passionate supporters remain very angry right now. They are especially angry over the way they believe their candidate was treated by some of Barack Obama’s supporters and the news media.

I have received numerous e-mails suggesting that Clinton was the victim of a mean-spirited sexism that elements of the news media spread around, and that the Obama campaign never did enough to dispel - even though Senator Obama now goes out of his way to effusively praise her.

“I’m a better candidate because of the work she did and she deserves our honor and our respect and our gratitude,” he said the other day. “And my two daughters see themselves differently because she ran for President of the United States of America.”

Senator Dianne Feinstein, Democrat of California, was a strong Clinton supporter. “I think if you look at the pundits, if you read the columns and go back and read them, some of them were really in my view malicious, very personal and venal sometimes,” she told me. “And I have a hard time understanding why that was necessary.”

Feinstein, like so many other Clinton supporters, is now totally on board the Obama bandwagon. Still, there are very hard feelings. Obama will need many of those ardent Clinton supporters if he hopes to win the presidency against John McCain. His campaign knows that.

Filed under: Wolf Blitzer
  1. No Obama

As a Hillary supporter, I too am upset by the way DNC, media and Obama's campaign treated her. However, the reason I will not vote for Obama is not the anger over poor treatment of Hillary Clinton – my initial decision to be a Hillary supporter was I did not like Obama to begin with. His philosophy and mid-set actions are not consistent with mine. I say actions because I believe that’s the best way of judging a person. His beautiful speeches do not reflect his actions. So, I
    is a hypocrite – he and a lot of his supporters are also great manipulators. The ‘upscale, educated’ supports of Obama belittled Hillary and her ‘downscale uneducated’ supporters to win the nomination and now they are throwing these insincere praises at us because they want to win the presidency. That will not work.
    Hillary was unfairly forced out of the race, and unfairly forced to support Obama. Luckily, no one can force or manipulate us into voting for him, so I will not vote for Obama. Freedom at last!
    Note: I will not vote for McCain either, I will just wait and hope that the next time around, there will be a candidate worth voting for.

June 9, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  2. What are you afraid of?

Afraid that if Obama is elected that the economy will plunge(livin' it) or house values will fall(call me).

June 9, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  3. Billiam the Kid

Lol. Wow. This is ridiculous. It's a shame people can't get over the fact that she ran a good race and lost. They both faced racism and sexism respectively. But this is just sickening, all the hateful, uninformed misconceptions against a man that has done nothing to any of you. I pity you.......

June 9, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  4. Slected not Elected

all the paid bloggers, Obama, his supporters, the DNC, the party elite, and the mainstream media have conspired to marginalize the millions of Democrats who have voted for Hillary, and they will now be using every trick in the book to "bring the party together" to further their ruthless ambitions. They will want you to forget all about the months of biased press, the biased party elite, the insults, the sexist remarks, and the race-cards. They will want you to forget that the Democratic Party now is the party that stands for disenfranchisement of the voters and the rationalization of racism. They will use any method to persuade you to vote for the man who they have preordained as the Democratic nominee. DON'T FALL FOR IT!

June 9, 2008 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  5. Trev

Sweetie won't get my vote. Claws are coming out. We are nice enough to vote for McCain.

June 9, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  6. Celeste

To Hillary Clinton Supporters:

You all can't help yourselves. Your anger and bitterness is a spin-off of the entire Clinton Campaign. There was a lot of in-fighting within the Clinton campaign – a family/nation divided against itself cannot stand. You are all cut from the same cloth. You are like-minded – petty, angry, bitter and lacking in reasoning and good common sense. Go and throw your vote behind the Republicans and as someone said, 'cut off your nose to spite your face'. You need therapy. Good night and good luck to you all .

June 9, 2008 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  7. Drae

Wrong!

Obama himself said that it was unlikely that all troops would be removed by the end of his first term. (not that he will get one)

Blaming Hillary for the actions of citizens in this country to speak their mind and vote how they choose is just plain wrong and typical of Obama's campaign and supporters.

Vote how you choose. I for one will not support a weak candidate who one by playing the system and the voters. "Party of the people?"

Not any more.

June 9, 2008 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  8. Angela Frazier, Memphis TN

Clinton is OUT!! Get over it!!! I just hope none of you females or irresponsible males who are so gung ho to vote for McSame don't get an unwanted pregnancy in the future. With him as president, you will either be taking a trip to Mexico or some secret back office.

June 9, 2008 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  9. Indyvoter4Hillary

No we can't that is what makes America so great. We don't have agree and we are all free to speak our minds!!

June 9, 2008 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  10. kat

FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT –CNN IS WRONG IF THEY THINK THE MAJORITY OF CLINTON SUPPORTERS WILL GO OVER TO OBAMA –BEING FROM MICHIGAN I FEEL LIKE WE WERE SCREWED AND I DON'T THINK HE'LL WIN HERE-- POEPLE- HERE STILL DON'T TRUST HIM

June 9, 2008 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |