June 10th, 2008

Obama switches prediction: now says it'll be Celtics in six

Obama rooting for the Celtics.
Obama rooting for the Celtics.

(CNN) – Presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama back-tracked on one campaign trail prediction Tuesday, switching his pick in this year’s NBA Finals.

“I tell you what, I thought the Lakers were the better team,” he told NPR’s All Things Considered, according to a transcript of an interview scheduled to air Tuesday night. “But the Celtics have been tough. I might have to revise my prediction here. I assumed Lakers in six. I don’t think that’s realistic now at this point…It does not look like it. It may be Celtics in six.”

The Celtics are leading the Lakers 2-0 in the best-of-seven NBA Finals.

The Illinois senator said that even though he had lived in Boston for several years as a student at Harvard Law School, “the truth is that I’ve got no dog in this hunt.”

“I’m a Bulls fan. We’ve gone through a drought for quite some time now. But we got the number-one draft pick, so our games may get a little bit better.”

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Louise

I hope this isn't a harbinger of his leadership style, but then again, Obama's used to switching sides by now. He's dumped his life-long preacher friend, so switching his team choices must seem like second nature.
    You go, slippery guyl! Good luck against the Republican machine.

June 10, 2008 08:48 pm at 8:48 pm |
  2. Toot

Flip flop in everything he does. Nothing new for him. Always back paddling!! Obama can't even make up his own mind and think for himself so what do you think is going to happen if he get in the WH.
    Oneday we are here and the next we are gone because he flipped and flopped all in a matter of seconds.
    Shame on the DNC for making sure the non experience get the nominee so that they can flip flop again!!

June 10, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  3. marianna

Flip-floping already?

June 10, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  4. Wanderer

Because McCain is consistent? He's a moderate ... he's a liberal ... he's hard right ... he's secular ... he's hyper-religious ... he's ... whatever his party tells him to do.

They're politicians, all of them. Until we voters start looking more at someone's overall qualifications than at what they said most recently, they'll keep on giving us what we want.

June 10, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |
  5. Gary

If Obama is going to 'Flip-Flop', I'm glad it's on sports and not politics like McCain.

Hey, 'The Truth', are you at least getting paid to blog by the GOP or the McCain campaign?

June 10, 2008 08:58 pm at 8:58 pm |
  6. Operation Chaos

@The Truth; you pose as a different supporter everyday. Must be a Republican after all. LOL

RB, TX Get a life fool!!!

June 10, 2008 09:07 pm at 9:07 pm |
  7. Demhypocrisy

A true politician. What a dork. He needs to stop acting like he can play sports and be a regular Joe. Kerry did that. He is an elitist. He has had everything easy all his life. Don't let him fool you. Lakers in 6

June 10, 2008 09:09 pm at 9:09 pm |