June 10th, 2008

Polls: Obama up by 4

Obama leads McCain by 4 points, according to a new CNN poll of polls.

Obama leads McCain by 4 points, according to a new CNN poll of polls.

(CNN) - Barack Obama appears to have increased his lead over John McCain in the race for the White House, though the two presidential hopefuls continue to be locked in a close fight, according to a new CNN poll of polls.

According to an average of four recent national polls, Obama holds a four point advantage among registered voters over the Arizona senator, 47 percent to 43 percent. Ten percent said they remain undecided.

Watch what's next for McCain and Obama

A CNN poll of polls taken last week showed the Illinois senator with only a two point advantage over McCain. But three of the four polls were conducted before Hillary Clinton formally dropped out of the race on Saturday, and may not fully reflect the current state of public opinion.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • John McCain
  1. Val, Atlanta, Ga

For all those that tries to use a form of threat to vote for McSane I hope they are rich with gas, the housing market and the economy out of control and things will get worst with him in office knowing he knows NOTHING about the economy, it is unreal, I guess bush didn't teach you smart people a thing so you will get what you deserve.

June 10, 2008 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  2. Accountant Guy

This shows that most of America has common sense, which I am glad to see, hopefully it will continue to rise!

Obama '08

June 10, 2008 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  3. Anthony Martin

Lets see John McSame voted against the MLK holiday, He supports the Bush tax cuts for the rich, he is against abortion rights and wouldn't mind staying in Iraq for a hundred years. My crystal ball says this spread is going to get a lot wider

June 10, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  4. John in KY

OK Dems although I was a strong supporter of Hillary, we must get behind our nominee "OBAMA". A great lady she is and will be even stronger next time, we cannot vote "mcCain" and expect to change anything about Washington DC. we must unseat all Republican Governors.Representatives,Senators and on down the line. to get back the "WHITEHOUSE" in NOV. and get the government working for working people and Seniors instead of giving all power to the RICH & Well Connected.

GO DEMOCRATS 08!!

June 10, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  5. Samantha

McCain needs to up the ante on his campaign. He's getting blasted from the Left and the Right. He needs to be tougher, he's up against someone very tough and not so principled as he makes believe he is.

June 10, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  6. cherry strawberry

As a woman, let me just say that I am so darn insulted that some of you Hillary supporters woul vote for or have all women vote for Ms. Clinton simply because she is a woman! I am starting to believe the "old bitter white women" label put on yawl. Although from what I've seen on TV the word "ugly" was left out. lol

This woman for OBAMA

June 10, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  7. Peter in CA

What else can one expect when McCain vetos 'beer'?

June 10, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  8. Texas Female

Attention Hillary fans:
    The fat lady sang.
    Let it go.
    Threats didn't work for Hillary in the primaries and it won't work for the general election.
    I am convinced Obama will want Hillary on his team in some capacity, but it just might not be VP. I am not convinced the VP spot is the best use for her talents, anyway.

By the way, she lost, fair and square. I lost respect when she started her threats, lies, and divisive half-truths. She was not "robbed" of this nomination, she lost our support.

June 10, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  9. Proud American

Lets Go Dems!!!!!! This is only the beginning.

June 10, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  10. FL Dem

Bring our sons and daughters home. Vote Democrat!

June 10, 2008 03:55 pm at 3:55 pm |
  11. OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT

Hillary Is Not Going To Be On The Ticket, Mccain Cant Compete With Obama On Any Level, Real Hillary Supporters Will Back Obama, And Macma Will Be The Next President!

June 10, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  12. Spring Heat

Hey Republicans you can run, but you can't hide from the Obama factor! The unfortunate part for the Republicans is that they believe the country can still be brain washed by their silly antics! Barrack it's time to take these fools to school!

Obama 08

June 10, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  13. Jim in Atlanta

No bama, No Way, No how.

Still for Hill in 12’

June 10, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  14. Mike - Ventura, CA

The four point spike is just the beginning. When everyone calms down and looks at the two candidates and the ISSUES- Barack Obama will win. $4.69.9 per gallon today- and to those that are saying McCain will bring "prosperity" I say- where have you been living the last eight years--Mars?

June 10, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  15. Sean

Matt: Only a delusional Clinton supporter could turn an increase in the polls into a negative. Clinton lost. I know it's hard to accept, but it's best for the entire country that you come to grips with it. Same goes for you Kathy. We will not be blackmailed into accepting your losing candidate as VP. If we chose her, it will be based on merits, not threats.

June 10, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  16. real dem

Hmm here goes... Me was for hillary but she lost so Waaaaa waaaaa I vote for race not for the issues ....oops me an adult but acting like a 2 year old? Me so ashamed but sorry me vote for McCain because I can't stand to vote for someone who should be equal with all other men ( ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL until it's time to vote? ) Wow, when did I become so self righteous? ( self centered and selfish is more acceptable ) Oh well, 4 more years of George Bush and high gas prices. And I have nerve to say Michelle O'bama doesn't like her
    country? I am so diluted to believe that I'm voting for the right reasons and not because I'm stubborn!! No wonder other countries look at us with pity.

VOTE O'BAMA 08

June 10, 2008 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |
  17. Val, Atlanta, Ga

And as far all of these dumb women he dosn't respect his wife why would you support someone that has little respect for women maybe you should have read the article about his exwife and how he cheated on her after he came home from the military for a younger woman and thats who we want to represent our country when Cindy get a clue and realize she is just a check book maybe she will leave him and show him how it feels to be disrespected.

June 10, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  18. Elly

Goooo Barack!!!!
    Down with MCBush and all the Bush policies!!!
    just keep thinking *Change*

OBama 08

June 10, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  19. Brian Knoxville, TN

Wait for the multiple October surprises… Obama will have a worse month in October than he did in March/April. I found a report of a male member of Trinity Church in Chicago named Larry Sinclair who has signed an affidavit saying that in 1999 he did drugs and had sex with Obama and that recently David Axelrod threatened him in an effort to keep him quiet.
    That's what you get for selecting an unknown candidate as the party's nominee…

Go PUMA PAC

June 10, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  20. Proud American

Matt, old man McCain doesnt stand a chance. McCain=Bush! Thats a 200 pound albatross he wears around his neck.

June 10, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  21. stop the hate

Lets work to help make a better place for all of us

Obama 08

June 10, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  22. Paul from Jersey

Like clockwork !!!

YES WE WILL !!!

Obama 2008

June 10, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  23. terry

"Waah, I'm mad because my candidate (Billary) lost – so I'm voting Republican." Get a life folks – she lost, even though she tried to bend and break every rule in the book...then only conceded after being forced to do so by the democratic leadership. Can't you now see her for what she truly is – a selfish, power-hungry person?

It's not too late now, come on over to the Light side of the Force – vote OBAMA!! He's the one who actually cares about America, not himself.

June 10, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  24. vahe

go obama

June 10, 2008 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  25. gina simpson

Hey "Comedy Central". Get a GRIP. Hillary wasn't ignored. She lost.. Yes....she got 18 million votes.....minus the Rush Limbaugh "Chaos" votes.....but Barack won the Delegates.

Spin the truth.....rework the Math....alienate Voting American's by discounting their Popular Vote as "Caucus that do not Count....he still WON. Barack won the Nomination just like Hillary's husband Bill won the Primaries TWICE.

Bitter, manipulating, (did I say "BITTER"?) women like you do NOTHING for the Women's movement.

June 10, 2008 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |