June 13th, 2008

Newsman Tim Russert dies at 58

NBC News' Tim Russert.
NBC News' Tim Russert.

(CNN) - Tim Russert, who became one of America's leading political journalists as the host of NBC's "Meet the Press," died Friday, according to the network. He was 58.

He collapsed and died at work, according to the network. He had just returned from a family vacation in Italy to celebrate the graduation of his son, Luke, from Boston College.

Russert joined the network in 1984 and quickly established himself as the face of the network's political coverage

Full story

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. HEIDI

YOU WERE A GREAT NEWSMAN AND I LOVED YOUR PROGRAM, I PRAY THAT GOD BLESSES YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ESPECIALLY AT THIS TIME OF SORROW.

June 13, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  2. WE NEED THE TRUTH

This is sad. I liked Tim Russert and he was a good journalist. God Bless his wife and son.

June 13, 2008 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  3. Debdeb

Oh my goodness. Not Tim. He's one of my favorite newscasters. What a wonderful man. This is such a shock. I just tuned into him the other day. Rest in peace Tim. And thank you for being the consumate professional in reporting the news. I'll miss you. My deepest condolescences to his family and friends. May God be with them all at this time.

June 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  4. Sophia Chicago

You will be missed Mr. Russert. R.I.P.

June 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  5. Ohio

This is very sad news. He was and will always be one of the best I have ever had the honor of watching and reading. My prayers go out to his family and those that worked with him.

June 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  6. RYAN kr Jr

Sad indeed, just a great loss. My heart goes to the family.

June 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  7. Tyran

First Ed Bradley...now Tim Russert. As soon as I heard the news, my heart literally dropped. This is a sad day and we have lost one of the last truly great journalist and political commentators of our generation. My prayers go out to his family, friends and fans alike.

June 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  8. Willam from Texas

I thought very highly of Tim, and I will miss his political insight. A truly sad day for america.

Godspeed Tim.

June 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  9. Gorbashov, Long Beach, Ca.

With so few REAL investigative political journalists left these days as opposed to all the coporate lackies that pollute the airways..............................he will sorely be missed.

RIP Mr. Russert

June 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  10. jen

Great guy....Sad Day

June 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  11. christina

Tim, we will always love you. Thank you for your superior skills. You constantly provided a non-biased view on all of the many events that occurred in the last 20 years. You're the greatest!!!

June 13, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  12. Jodi

All I can say is...I am so shocked. I hope he goes to heaven. I pray for goods greatest comfort for his family right now.

June 13, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  13. Kevin

A very sad day. Journalism, and our democracy has lost a lion today.

June 13, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  14. Independent

A true journalist. A patriot. A sad day not for media, but for United States.

June 13, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  15. Darth Vadik, CA

This shocked the heck out of me.
    Rest in peace Tim.

June 13, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  16. Country first party second

I did not care for Tim Russert to me he was very biased as all of NBC media, however i am sorry for the loss to his family and friends. He probably knows who wins now.

June 13, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  17. sandy

Just saw this and my jaw dropped, how sad! I really liked Tim Russert, I felt he tried to be fair and unbiased in his reporting. He also seemed like kind man. How sad, my condolences to his family

June 13, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  18. New Day

I am stunned. I loved hearing his commentary and insight. My deepest condolensces for his family and friends.

June 13, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  19. Christian, Tampa FL

That's just terrible. God bless his family, friends and colleagues. He cannot be replaced.

June 13, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  20. Thompson

Too young!!!! May he rest in peace.

June 13, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  21. Richard McCray II

This is truly a shame...he will be missed.

June 13, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  22. Mia and Mike

My God, I am so very saddened and devastated by this. Tim, rest in peace good man. You will always be remembered for your strength, tenacity and convictions. Heaven has received a great angel today. My condolences to your family.

June 13, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  23. Election Watcher

That is a true shame. A signifigant loss to all of us.
    My sympathies and thoughts are with his family.

June 13, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  24. SK

My Heart Condolences to Tim Russet's Family…

June 13, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  25. Karla

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

He was my favorite and I never missed Meet the Press.

June 13, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |