June 13th, 2008

Newsman Tim Russert dies at 58

NBC News' Tim Russert.
NBC News' Tim Russert.

(CNN) - Tim Russert, who became one of America's leading political journalists as the host of NBC's "Meet the Press," died Friday, according to the network. He was 58.

He collapsed and died at work, according to the network. He had just returned from a family vacation in Italy to celebrate the graduation of his son, Luke, from Boston College.

Russert joined the network in 1984 and quickly established himself as the face of the network's political coverage

Full story

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. CP

I truly will miss Tim Russert. He was one of the best political journalist today

June 13, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  2. Jesse, Burnsville, MN

Over the years, depending upon whether your candidate was winning or losing at the time, you either hated or loved Tim Russert. It was, however, always more a perception of how you feel your candidate should have been treated, and not a bias on Mr. Russert's part.

He was the most knowledgeable, entertaining political jounalist out there and I will miss not being able to hear his analysis during the general election this year.

June 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  3. J Kay - KCMO

He was my Sunday morning hug!!!!

June 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  4. Les

He was the man and I will truly miss his reporting and I pray for him and his family

June 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  5. elo

Very Painful...Really Very Painful.........He is one of the best man on television

June 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  6. Enlightened Voter

I will miss him. I always thought he had integrity and tried to be fair. Bless you.

June 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  7. Moses, Ca.

I'll miss him. God be with him...

June 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  8. TO

This is an tremendous loss not only for the news industry but also for many of us, who rely on quality reports of the Washington. I have had an enourmous respect for Mr. Russert. He is too young, which makes me speechless. Praying for his family.

June 13, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  9. Zman INDIANAPOLIS,IN

TO ME HE WAS THE BEST OF THE BEST, I WILL MISS HIM.
    MY SINCERE CONDOLEANCE TO HIS FAMILY

June 13, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  10. p Coleman

It is so sad when someone this young is taken so suddenly, I know I have been their, condolences to his family

June 13, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  11. Saddened :(

RIP Mr. Russert.

June 13, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  12. Connie

Mr.Russert will be sadly missed by all. My thoughts and my Prayers go out to his family and friends. May God hold them all in His loving hands.

Connie from Indiana

June 13, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  13. vic nashville,Tn

My condolence goes to His family , NBC, and his friends

June 13, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  14. Perkins

My heart goes out to you and your family. Sunday Mornings want be the same without you, You will be missed. God Bless You and You are in my prayers.

June 13, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  15. becky

I am truly a fan. I am sorry you will not be with us to see the finish line of what you have called "an amazing race".

My prayers to your family. God be with you all through this great loss.

June 13, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  16. Kevin,FL

Im Shocked, Very Sad News, RIP Tim, you will be missed!

June 13, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  17. Gerald C, Madison, WI

My prayers and thoughts our with his family. I think I speak for many people when I say this is a terrible shock. To say that he will be missed is an understatement.

June 13, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  18. Aaron, Saint Paul, MN

Tim Russert will be greatly missed, especially as a responsible and diligent journalist.

I loved listening to Tim interview guests on Meet the Press, the only Sunday politics show that I regularly watched. I am still in shock and deeply saddened.

My prayers are with the Russert family. I know Tim was a man of God, and is being greeted by angels as we speak.

June 13, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  19. think people

Rest in peace, Mr. Russert–a smart, honest, and savvy newsman. You'll be missed.

June 13, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  20. Reality

I am shocked and saddened by this news. I always knew he spoke honestly and truthfully. He is truely one of the most respected journalist that Ive been watching on TV.

Many condolences to his family and friends

June 13, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  21. Moses, Ca.

Tim,
    We'll miss you.

June 13, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  22. Susan

With all the heat the media is taking right now, his loss seems even greater. He was a man of integrity and intelligence. I will miss him tremendously – I trusted him. This is a sad day indeed and his family must be beside themselves. Godspeed, Russert family.

June 13, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  23. Peter

so sad

June 13, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  24. Myron C.

Russ was the best of the bunch. He was a gentleman but he was tough on everyone on Meet the Press. I'll miss him.

June 13, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  25. johny

One of the best journalists in this country. RIP

June 13, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |