June 13th, 2008

Newsman Tim Russert dies at 58

NBC News' Tim Russert.
NBC News' Tim Russert.

(CNN) - Tim Russert, who became one of America's leading political journalists as the host of NBC's "Meet the Press," died Friday, according to the network. He was 58.

He collapsed and died at work, according to the network. He had just returned from a family vacation in Italy to celebrate the graduation of his son, Luke, from Boston College.

Russert joined the network in 1984 and quickly established himself as the face of the network's political coverage

Full story

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. CLINTON 08 VP

UNITED WE ARE STRONGER:

OBAMA (P) & CLINTON (VP) 08

June 13, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  2. MC, PA

A legendary newsman, one of the best. I am shocked and sad.

June 13, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  3. Lil-San Diego

I was very saddend to hear this. May the good lord bless him always.
    I'll be praying for Tim and his family.
    He will be missed
    He was one of a kind.

June 13, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  4. Richard

RIP Tim.

Love how the Hillary fans are filled with so much hate.

June 13, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  5. no-longer Happy in CT

OMG.... He was such a great man.... He was the reason I woke Up to watch MEET THE PRESS

Since I was 18... I have Loved his stories, tone, and objective point of view..

GOD BLESS

June 13, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  6. Michael

May The Lord bless you and keep you.

May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.

May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

You will be missed, may the Lord bless and keep your family and friends in their time of sorrow.

June 13, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  7. Won't Be Held Hostage by Clinton Supporters

How sad and I hope he rests in peace. For some of you on here have some respect, the man just died for heaven's sakes and you're on here spewing about Clinton. If you have nothing nice to say keep it to yourself, you need help, seriously. You're disgusting.

June 13, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  8. Sif

You will be missed Tim. May his soul rest in perfect peace.

June 13, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  9. frank

I cannot believe some people would make such horroble statemants like "good riddance" because they felt he was bias. No matter what ones views on politics are, they should not stoop to this level.
    A family is mourning a loss, try being human and decent for just a minute.

Rest in Peace Tim, you will be missed.

June 13, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  10. Brandon Hillary Democrat for Mc Cain

Well he wont be able to elect his obambi from wherever he is now...

June 13, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  11. Perkins, Dallas Tx

Sunday Mornings will not be the same with out you Tim. Rest in Peace and YOU WILL BE MISSED.

June 13, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  12. Stephanie

Tim Russert and Candy Crowley are 2 of my favorite journalists and I am so sadden by his sudden death. May God's peace be with his family.

June 13, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  13. A CANUCK

I am so shocked...I loved his show....he was such a decent and warm man. Sunday mornings won't be the same without him. My condolences to his family. May God bless.

June 13, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  14. Kenneth M

THAT IS WRONG Nancy from FL. I HOPE YOUR KIDS MARRY BLACK PEOPLE. TIM WAS A GOOD GUY. LIKE HIS POSITIONS OR NOT HE WAS HARD NOSE AND VIGOROUS

June 13, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  15. applecrispbetty

CNN: Please moderate these comments. A very small percentage of them are disgusting. Have to wonder what type of lowlife person would post such comments.

June 13, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  16. Walt

One of the best. If he conducted an interview you knew it was going to be thorough. I would have been afraid to face him.

To lose him during this clearly historical presidential election cycle (which he has already been a part of) is just sad.

RIP Tim, and my condolences to the family!!

June 13, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  17. Lisa in Iowa

I am deeply saddened by the loss of this wonderful person. I trusted no one as much as I trusted Tim. I had the utmost respect for his fairness and honorable way that he dealt with all of those that he interviewed. I am devastated by this loss. And to see how excited he was during this campaign, makes it that much more sad that he will not see it through to the end.

June 13, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  18. CG

So shocking !!!!! R.I.P

June 13, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  19. YINKA LAWAL

Someone please tell me that i am dreaming, this guy is a great guy. i am sad, what a great lost if its true.

June 13, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  20. Karen in CA

I'm absolutely shocked at the news of Tim Russert's sudden death!! Such sad news. The political news scene will not be the same. My condolences to his family. He will be missed by so many. RIP Tim.

June 13, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  21. Monica for Obama in Indiana

Tim will be greatly missed. What a journalist!
    Prayers have gone up for the family

June 13, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  22. Jason, CT

My heart goes out to the Russert family for this sudden and sad news. I greatly respected Tim Russert for his great insight and honest reporting. He will be missed greatly. I pray for his family.

June 13, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  23. David Gordon

What a tremendous journalistic force that will be missed.

June 13, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  24. Karen

June 13, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  25. Get Real

OMG....I got goose bomps when I heard...my heart is so sadden...

He was the one I trust the most......I looked to him for honest and fair feedback...he always help me make my decision on polticial figures.

The thought that he want be around to see Obama become the first African American presidents...really hurts..... May God take him into his home and give him peace and rest....

I will miss you Tim....