June 20th, 2008

Clinton and Obama to hit the trail together

Clinton and Obama are set to make their first post-primary season campaign trail appearance next week.

(CNN) - Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton will hit the trail together for the first time next week, the Illinois senator’s campaign announced Friday.

WATCH Clinton, Obama to team up

The joint campaigning will come one day after a Thursday Democratic fundraiser that will mark the first time they have appeared together publicly since the New York senator ended her presidential bid.

Earlier this week, the presumptive Democratic nominee said he had not spoken with Clinton recently.

"I have not had conversations with Senator Clinton because she has been getting a well-deserved vacation. And, we will be speaking I think in the next few days…certainly within the next week, and we’ll be having an ongoing conversation," said Obama.

The Obama campaign said further details of the pair’s itinerary would be released shortly.

1. Janey

I have lost respect for Hillary Clinton if she is to team up with this man. I realize, politically, that she has no choice, but will never vote for someone as radical and slippery as Obama–he is looking for those "bitter, gun slinging, religious people" of which I am one. Too much arrogance and did not want my vote in the primary–he will not get it now. Please, people, do not lower yourself to vote for him after he insulted all of us hard workers. He will only raise your taxes to pay for his ego programs for those "non-workers".

June 20, 2008 10:58 am at 10:58 am |
  2. d

Hillary is doing the right thing..supporting the Democratic nominee..just as it should be, just as expected, just as needed. Thank you Hillary.

June 20, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  3. Art

I am proud to be able to vote for U.S. Senator from Illinois Barack Obama.

June 20, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  4. Thoth

He Doesnt Need Her To Win, But Whatever....I Guess It Can Be Good

June 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  5. ChicoSez

Anything Obama says is believed by his faithful minions. If he said night is day, the obamabots would out sunbathing at midnight, convinced that they're going to get a tan. Personality cults are rather creepy I think. McCain/Clinton 08

June 20, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  6. KD

She is slime, but I guess he needs her for votes. That's all I'll say, as I know there are a lot of Clinton supporters onboard.

June 20, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  7. McCain is too old

PUMA = NUT JOBS

June 20, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  8. Charlotte

The choice of VP on both sides will be a major determining factor for a majority of voters. I doubt if Obama will choose Hillary, it would be a nice payback if the DNC forced her upon him as they forced him upon us. It is not unusual for the party to strongly suggest a running mate to the nominee. Time will tell. I will write Hillary Clinton on my ballot, unless she is his VP, then I will gag and vote for that ticket

June 20, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  9. Little LuLu

And he thinks this makes a difference HOW?????? He and his diciples just don't (or can't) get the big picture. WE JUST ARE NOT GOING TO SUPPORT MR. "CHANGE MY MIND" WHEN IT'S TO MY ADVANGE, BARRACK HUSSEIN OBAMA. NO WAY, NO HOW NO TIME TO OBAMA. UNDERSTAND.

Hillary, if you are even half of the woman I "thought" you are you will distance yourself from him NOW!!! And don't let the rest of the dumb democracts push you – you are much better than this (I sincerely hope) . A few republicans (like that crazy Mike Huckabee) is swinging toward him – it's time you team up with McCain. Cross over, go independent – whatever but get the heck away from Mr. Change NOW. If you, you are damaging your political career beyond reprieve.

June 20, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  10. doc

you may not like her but she is a leader no one is perfect oops BOBO is according to his worshipers, but the fact is he is no different than anyother politician investigate how he won his state elections nullifying your opponents petitions is and old politcal move, he needs mainstream clinton voters or he is going to loooose. Sorry

June 20, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  11. CE

I am disappointed that Senator Clinton would campaign for a candidate who is inferior to her in every way. That does not change my plan to vote for Senator McCain in November.

For anyone out there who will not support Obama in November, please vote for McCain. Do not stay home. No one will know that you stayed home and Obama could still win. Make sure your vote counts against Obama by voting for McCain.

We will pick up the pieces of the Democratic Party and start rebuilding in January.

June 20, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  12. a little frustrated this morning

It's amazing to me how much of Obama's public image is nothing more than a social construction (and really, that goes for the other candidate as well). No matter what you think, none of us know anything about people we have never met in the flesh, and what we know of people we've actually met is questionable as well. During election cyles there is always so much chatter about who the candidates are or aren't when the truth is that we don't know . . . we never really know. Here's a secret, that shouldn't be a secret – when you learn to be OK with your own ignorance it becomes easier to listen. The more you listen, the greater your chances of learning something or at least broadening your awareness. And to complete the circle, the more you broaden your awareness the less ignorant you become. You want to make the world a better place? You really want to help lift our nation's politics to a higher level? You want to be the best Citizen you can be? Then talk less, and listen more.

June 20, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  13. Yes to Obama

Finally I start to love Hillary again....

June 20, 2008 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  14. rbt

Wouldn't it be nice if Obama came out nd sai. . .for too long we haveallowed the Republicans to frame the debate, to frame the issues and to cow the democratic party, who were too timid to fight back. NO MORE. As the Democratic Candidate I tell you I am in it to win it!. Politics is a rough game and I am here to tell you that we will do whatever we must, within the legal limits to make sure that our message is heard and come January 2009 is implemented!!

Wouldn't that be just a breath of fresh air!

June 20, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  15. Nice

Dear "Way To Go Obama",

If you are a Hillary or McCain supporter, then you are the sheep. Actually you are dead sheep because you've already fallen off the cliff. We are trying to save lives, not take them.

Obama, your next president in 08.

June 20, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  16. yardstylze

Dan Abrams showed footage he uncovered of a Fox News interview with John McCain on March 13, 2008, in which McCain said, "I didn't really love America until I was deprived of her company."

Abrams thinks McCain's comments could undermine the "right wing's steady attacks against Michelle Obama."

June 20, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  17. Gregora

Well, I hope this is the first appearence of our ticket. If it is, then I look forward to working towards a Democratic win of every branch of government. If, however, Obama wants to have a divided party and does not put Hillary on the ticket, I look forward to watching it all play out on t.v.

June 20, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  18. New Day

If I am ever elected president, I will make the term "flip-flop" illegal. Who cares? Can you all be so dumb? A person may have an opinion on something and then, the situation changes and their opinion might change also. Who wants a leader that will never change his mind? We got that with Bush and he has kept us on a steady path to oblivion. Is that what you want? Personally, I want a "flip-flopper" as president because, IN THE REAL WORLD, flip-flopper = flexible and open minded.

June 20, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  19. Machado lll CA

Obama needs Clinton in order to win the White House. I agree with Johnny d

June 20, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  20. Karen - Branson, Missouri

I'm happy to see the two of them campaign together. I think it's a great idea to bring the party together.

As for the whiny Republicans...I think they need to find something else to do instead of constantly twisting the truth or McCain saying something then "I didn't say that"...yeah right. Besides, the Republican system of "winner take all delegates" system has left them with one of the weakest candidates they had.

I'm proud of the Democratic primaries...despite the ups and downs. Let the games begin...

June 20, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  21. Jen, CA

McCain's camp reported just having completed the best fundraising month of his presidential campaign, according to documents filed Thursday with the Federal Election Commission.

It's working! Disgusted Democrats who have switched their contributions (and votes) from Hillary to McCain are starting to make a difference!

June 20, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  22. LET IT GO

MIchellle who and the hell cares if you won't vote for Obama. You sound like a idoit by saying the DNC is Forcing her to support Obama that bull. So if you want MAC you can have him because Obama will be our next President.

June 20, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |