June 20th, 2008

CNN poll of polls update: Obama leads McCain by six points

(CNN) – CNN’s poll of polls has been updated to reflect a new Newsweek poll .

Sen. Barack Obama has gained two percentage points in his lead over Sen. John McCain, according to the latest CNN poll of polls released Friday.

Obama now leads McCain by 6 percentage points – 46 percent to McCain’s 40 percent. In the previous CNN poll of polls, Obama’s lead was 4 percentage points.

The national general election “poll of polls” consists of three surveys: Newsweek (June 18-19), Gallup tracking (June 16-19), and Fox News/Opinion Dynamics (June 17-18). The poll of polls does not have a sampling error.

1. Elequemedo Gravesande

Obama will win the 2008 presidential

June 20, 2008 09:19 pm at 9:19 pm |
  2. rita walker

Why not Hillary for VP???? Why not? I hear all kinds of unknow names coming up and I wonder what are people thinking. Obama has some baggage of his own and people looked beyond that. So I say why not Hillary?

Rita

June 20, 2008 09:21 pm at 9:21 pm |
  3. francovarela

Hello People!

6% ???????????????? hahahahhahahahhahahahaa

After all the noise???????

After the message of "hope and change"??????????

With Bush approcal so low???????????

What happens is that it is about character, and many, many people are worried about Obama's character and values because his actions are speaking louder that his............words.

6%????????? hahahahhahhaaa

June 20, 2008 09:32 pm at 9:32 pm |
  4. Mike G- Ventura ca

Interesting- the Newsweek poll has him up 51% to 36% today....but it IS JUNE! I really believe that by the time November 4th gets here- 15% won't be an unusual lead for Obama. This Country is DESPERATE FOR CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!! No more McSAME!

June 20, 2008 09:34 pm at 9:34 pm |
  5. Sharon Canada

The other blog was closed so I'll do my blog here. Re McCain's trip to Canada today, 35% of our oil is exported to the US., second to Saudi Arabia. We are the 2nd largest oil producing nation on earth. Americans need to know that drilling for oil will not bring your prices down. I paid $5.96 a gal today in Vancouver. The US is our largest trading party, with 95% of our goods going to the US. We are not happy with NAFTA either. Thousands of our jobs have gone to Mexico.ohn McCain did not want to talk about free trade today, because he didn't want to answer the questions he would get. Thank you.

June 20, 2008 09:35 pm at 9:35 pm |
  6. GB

Did not ask me.

June 20, 2008 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  7. Reggie - Texas

I believe once we get out of this political silly season and on to the general election, Obama will open up a large lead on McCain. I simply don't see people sitting in their homes saying McCain is the better candidate once the two men are next to each other on stage. Obama is a far superior candidate than McCain. His campaign actually represents the little guy and his/her interests rather than the national party, PACs, and 527s. I feel good knowing my little $25 donation is in Obama's war chest now. This first time voter in college is PUMPED about electing BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA president of the United States of America!!!!!

OBAMA '08

June 20, 2008 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  8. nate

What I find so interesting is how here and on every other posting political site you never see Republicans talk about why McCain is right for the job, only why Obama is wrong. And often in hate mongering racist tones. Youd think they dont like their candidate as much as we love ours. And that doesnt bode well for them does it?

June 20, 2008 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  9. Desmond Sequeira

MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE SEEING THE LIGHT!

June 20, 2008 09:57 pm at 9:57 pm |
  10. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Most working people are looking at the worst nightmare in their lives. Nothing is improving and has been going downhill for the past 7 years. Republicans have to be stoned to think Americans want more of the same. Vote Obama.

June 20, 2008 10:08 pm at 10:08 pm |
  11. Maureen

I think no one (including CNN) should take seriously any Newsweek polls. Their incredible pro-Obama bias eliminates any objectivity and leaves open the very real possiblity of tinkering with polling data.

June 20, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  12. Karen, TX

Way to go democrats!!! I love it

Democrat 08

June 20, 2008 10:11 pm at 10:11 pm |
  13. CHILLL!!!!!

JohnQPublic ...................Obama looks like that boy character face on the cover of mad magazine and Urkel from family matters
    Did I do that?............THANK YOU...........SUCH AN IDIOT !!!!!

June 20, 2008 10:15 pm at 10:15 pm |
  14. Dan, TX

You forgot that McCain and the republicans voted AGAINST the GI Bill to give education opportunities to people who volunteered to serve in our military. McCain and the republicans are hypocrites and hurt our servicemen and women. Why did they vote against it? Because they didn't want them to have alternatives to re-enlisting to fight in Iraq and Iran. Doesn't matter, the Republican party will be drafting your kids to die for them if you give them the chance.

Obama's character and values are right in line with this Texan. But policy issues are what's important. We need the democratic version to counterbalance what Bush has wrought over the past 8 years.

June 20, 2008 10:23 pm at 10:23 pm |
  15. Bob Stephens

That's amazing, someone would rather vote for Obama, than 'Weather Vane McSame" who flip flops on just about every issue, several times a week.

June 20, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  16. Bob Stephens

Why would someone rather vote for Obama, than 'Weather Vane McSame" who flip flops on just about every issue, several times a week.

June 20, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  17. My Friends!!!!!!!

Sue.............Obama fears debating, fears answering questions.
    What an empty suit...........McCain is not incharge he requested 10 Town HALL meetings on national TV GRAND STANDING so he could Plant IDIOTS like you to ask Questions ............Instead of setting up a conference call or meeting with Sentor Obama ......He is not his ..........MESSA!
    I hope he meet with him during the DAy.........Wonder what he looks like @night!!!

June 20, 2008 10:31 pm at 10:31 pm |
  18. mike

mccain should quit now before its too late!!!!! oBama 08!!!!!!1 we love obama and his policey we need change not the same corporate America. Mccain wants the rich people to make money not the middle or poor. We need to stop the republican strategy and fight for our country. Obama 08!!!!

June 20, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  19. Jess, Colorado Springs

lol @ "PUMA (Poor uneducated miserable adults)"- I just think it needs to be repeated. You're annoying, and the best thing you can do is write little rants on message boards and news commentary- by the way, props to Roofin Reality, one of the few supported opinions on these little sludge-fests

June 20, 2008 10:55 pm at 10:55 pm |
  20. Allan

No obama,No obama,NO obama

June 20, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  21. Charlotte

Obama is nothing and I will write Hillary on my ballot in November. If she falls under his spell, I will vote for McCain.

June 20, 2008 11:00 pm at 11:00 pm |
  22. out of work

I'm going to take my my UNEMPOLYMENT check this week and donate it to the OBAMA campaign.

June 20, 2008 11:05 pm at 11:05 pm |