June 20th, 2008

On Facebook, it's game on for McCain

Users rack up millions in tax dollars by shooting vetoes at flying pigs in the McCain camp's latest Facebook application.

(CNN) – Anyone who thought John McCain’s campaign – which launched its very first Facebook application just two days ago – would make a major push on the social networking Web site when pigs fly… is right.

McCain’s new “Pork Invaders” application, launched Friday, is a video game that requires users to dodge incoming projectiles from flying pigs. If a user takes a hit from one of the application’s pigs, the user loses one of the three lives granted at the beginning of the game.

How do you kill the flying pigs? By shooting off vetoes. With each pig killed by a veto, users rack up millions of tax dollars as their score, and progress to the next level - but only after the game lays out campaign talking points like comparing the respective records of Sen. McCain and his rival, Sen. Barack Obama, on earmarks.

On Wednesday, the McCain camp launched “Campaign Cribs: Straight Talk Express” on Facebook, an application that allows users to take a video tour of McCain’s campaign bus.

McCain currently has approximately 150,000 supporters on Facebook while Obama now has roughly 1,020,000 supporters on the site.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. FrankSmith

I guess Hillary and her "bitter" Clinton supporters need Obama (and supporters) more than Obama needs Hillary..

Obama can win those battle-ground DEM states without the help of Hillary.

Hillary needs the help of Obama to pay her sagging bills, loans etc. This is how terribly Hillary managed her campaign. I guess Hillary and her bitter followers need to beg Obama to come their help!!!

Bottom line, call on McCain to help retire Hillary's debts, loans...!

June 20, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  2. David, Virginia

They should have mcCain out there like leather face, chainsawing the pigs.... and the polar bears.

June 20, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |
  3. Scott L

Obama is going to get crushed in the general election. What were Democrats thinking getting behind this guy?

June 20, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  4. JDM

Bad Idea, very bad idea. Just like the Obama seal , very very bad idea!
    What silly people are creating this stuff! FUBA!

June 20, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  5. Dave

This is why there are very few grandparents who are also video game designers.

June 20, 2008 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  6. Pablo

I hate Facebook applications. Epic fail.

June 20, 2008 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  7. JustAnObservation

"..I suppose it's good for those in Tennessee and Kentucky….those uneducated white folk will crack open the moonshine and invite the whole clan to play…"

That's really enlightened. Wow you are one racist fella. Of course, it is fair game as long as it progresses the agenda of Holy Obama.

And no, I'm not white nor do I live in TN or KY.

June 20, 2008 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  8. TJ Johnson

You're right on, McCain. If you want to reach the young and other stupids, you need to give them games to play on computers.

June 20, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  9. Helene

When pigs fly I will vote McSame.

June 20, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  10. John McCain-McFlip-Flop-McBush is no "maverick"

This from the pseudo-patriot who so blatantly wraps himself in the image of the flag while more than 4000 soldiers have died with their blood on his hands. Maybe he needs to consider firing all the lobbyists with ties to foreign dictators and warlords form his campaign ... That would include Phil Graham and all his corrupt ties.

And now we find out he wasn't ALWAYS proud of his country until ...?

June 20, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  11. Daniel, WA

Vote John McCain. He has all the qualities that our President deserves. Barack is a joke.

June 20, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  12. Ian

What about all the tax dollars wasted on the war?

June 20, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  13. tigerakabj

Early 1980s game for youngsters? Makes perfect sense. Everything about McCain including his policies are out of date and out of touch. What an idiot, who is gonna get his flip-flopping fanny handed to him in November, along with the rest of his neo-conned party.

June 20, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  14. James, SC

Yep. It's all a game to McCain. Just like Iraq and the economy.

June 20, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  15. Nelli - Troy, NY

McCain is an anti-abortionist. He will over-turn Roe v Wade. That is not the America we should want for our little girls. No feminist in her right mind should vote for him.

June 20, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  16. Peter E

"Ooo, I'm so clever! I can put 'Mc' in front of insulting words and think I'm making an argument! And I'm in nooooo way completely undermining my candidate's positive message by personally attacking Mc(insert insulting word here) over and over. I'm such a genius! And I'm being soooo mature!"

June 20, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  17. Beverly, NYC

Eugene: You have finall found your "reason" not to vote for Obama, congrats. Since you care about flip flopping so much here are a few of Mr. McCain's for your comparison. These are just the ones I as former marine with a brother currently serving in the sand find most distasteful:

I HATE WAR –FLIP- We could be in Iraq for 100yrs, not too important when the troops come home. Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran
    I CARE ABOUT THE TROOPS -FLOP- But I can’t be bothered voting yes on a bill that would improve their benefits, because it would encourage them to leave the armed services and get an education and a better paying job. Every warm body counts for the next hundred yrs.
    I CARE ABOUT THE ENVIRONMENT – FLIP- I believe offshore drilling is necessary and the ban should be lifted. So a few people won’t be able to go to the beach and accidents might kill some wildlife, my oil & gas interests are bigger than the environment.
    VOWS to first wife, I john promise to love honor and cherish for better or for worse -FLIP/FLOP- I didn’t mean the worse part, lets say until someone not dis-figured and richer comes along. So she pops a few pills, she’s rich, willing to walk a few steps behind me, and I can be as dis-respectful to her as I please.

I willtake Obama's flip/flops any day

June 20, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  18. Jaci

The "Straight Talk Express" is really late! Where has he been?!?
    Obviously he has no young people working for him. That game is lame...

June 20, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  19. Tom Eyemdaman

The Dems are so funny. "Is war all he thinks about?"

Only in the minds of the mindless can Space Invaders be equated to the war in Iraq.

I could easily say that Obama's "Race for the White House" game is all about race... :) LOL

June 20, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  20. Shon

What the ...?!

June 20, 2008 04:46 pm at 4:46 pm |
  21. Tom Eyemdaman

"Sarah, 23, FL June 20th, 2008 3:14 pm ET

The younger generation is will be for OBAMA"

Yes, and the younger generation is will be educated.

Notice that the older / wiser humans already know who to vote for...

June 20, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  22. Ted

The game is Awesome! Only thing I would have changed was having Obama's head on the pigs. :)

June 20, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  23. Marie in California

Way to go, McCain! I'll look that up and shoot down a bunch of porkers in the near future.

I am sooo tired of pork barrel spending and earmarks in Congress. I think that should be totally banned.

Democrat for McCain – 2008

June 20, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  24. Randal NYC

Way to get in touch with the youth Mccain
    Put a 1970s style video game on your website

watch Obama come out with a Grand Theft Auto style game where
    he steals red states and racks up campaign donations and dodges smears

and that Pimp my ride tour bus video couldnt not have been
    hosted by a bigger tool