June 23rd, 2008

McCain says band-aids the result of hitting car roof

McCain said Monday he hit his head on the roof of a car during his recent trip to Canada.

(CNN) – John McCain hit the campaign trail Monday with two band-aids on the top of his head, leading a reporter to ask the Arizona senator why he was wearing them.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee, who has battled skin cancer in the past, said the band-aids were merely a result of hitting his head on the roof of a car.

“I was getting out of the car in Canada and I hit the roof a tiny bit, and the car was much smaller than the one I'm usually being ferried around in by the beloved Secret Service."

"It was a brush with a low hanging door," McCain also said.

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts
  1. Big AL

Well in 2000 it was the hanging chads so in 2008 it the hanging door.

June 23, 2008 07:13 pm at 7:13 pm |
  2. TEXAN

Bless his heart ! He needs to be careful. Even though I support Obama, I do not wish any harm to Mc Cain. I admire and respect for his service to our country in Vietnam. BUT...do not think that he is Presidential material. GO OBAMA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 23, 2008 07:22 pm at 7:22 pm |
  3. JOHN

THAT POOR CAR.

June 23, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  4. CK

Wow, these comments represent the most ill-informed, pathetic individuals our country has to offer.

It's pretty simple, people. Look at RECENT pictures of McCain. Do you see a dark spot or a mole in the same place where the bandaids now are? Nope, crystal clear. Story checks out. Can we talk about something LESS petty, please?

You want to cry "flip-flop" on the roof/door story? I don't know if you guys realize it, but the roof of a car meets the doorway of the car. Hence, if the door is low in the car in question, then logically the roof would also curve down low to meet the door.

Is using logic too difficult for you guys?

June 23, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |
  5. TheDonald

Old age can sometimes make you forget where you are. Sen McSame probably thought he was getting out of the bed

June 23, 2008 07:31 pm at 7:31 pm |