June 29th, 2008

McCain's Straight Talk Express grows wings

WASHINGTON (CNN) - The Straight Talk Express - perhaps the most visible symbol of Arizona Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign - is taking to the skies.

The Republican Party's presumptive nominee will unveil his new campaign airplane on Monday: a Boeing 737-400.

The aircraft shares its name with McCain's ever-present campaign bus, which has been a staple of the candidate's 2000 and 2008 campaigns.

The 95-seat plane - with seats for the candidate, his staffers and the press - has the "Straight Talk Express" logo emblazoned on its fuselage.

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts
  1. independent

mccain will arrest and deport all latinos to guantanamo,where they belong,and he won't allow them any tortillas.

June 29, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  2. Dan, TX

The republicans meant well, but unfortunately, Bush put dogma over common sense. McCain is clearly the same. McCain can't even conceive of a post 9/11 world. I do not believe McCain is the better candidate to protect and defend the Constitution or my life, liberty or pursuit of happiness. A McCain win is a loss for republicans and democrats alike.

June 29, 2008 10:50 am at 10:50 am |
  3. Lisa

jive talk express

June 29, 2008 10:52 am at 10:52 am |
  4. Lisa

Didn't you know when he talks about "straight talk" he is only making reference to his wide anti gay stance.

June 29, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  5. Tammy - KCMO

He may have been able to convince people he was the straight talk express years ago. Back then I considered voting for him. Now though, he's just an extension of the bad policies of the Republican Bush regime.
    It's time for change. America is not just for the rich, it's for everyone.

June 29, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  6. NickNas

Hmmm I guess we know where this " Common Man" Spent those Tax Dollars that he has Defaulted on for the last 4 years for the SO Cal Home ( One of seven).

How many Candidates have a Private Plane...no JET LINER!!??

If this were Obama ALL of the MSM would be doing " IS HE ELITIST?" Stories 24/7

June 29, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  7. tigerakabj

Mr. Flip-flop express is more like it. He has changed more positions on more issues than any other candidate for president. Please belive that Barack will call him out on every single one in those debates, even using his own quotes word for word.

June 29, 2008 10:53 am at 10:53 am |
  8. Chris

Does it change directions as much as him, but keep the press so turned-around that they only worry about whether he likes them?

June 29, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  9. Still The Same McCain

It doesn't matter is he rides in a bus or in a plane–it's the same tired message.

John McCain's message would have been perfect 10-15 years ago.

I repeat:

He can ride a bus or a train, but his message is still the same.

June 29, 2008 10:55 am at 10:55 am |
  10. Steve

I'm glad you clarified it wa a jet. I was trying to figure out how McCain was going to get everyone in a World War I biplane, like the one he's used to flying...

A jet will allow McCain to fly around the country quickly to talk to the 17 people who actually think it's a good idea for him to be president.

June 29, 2008 10:56 am at 10:56 am |
  11. Tom,Il

I agree with John. He can't be trusted. Remember the bomb,bomb,bomb, Iran remarks? He will get us into another war, but remember we don't have enough troops. So, what that means is....John McCain=Draft...

June 29, 2008 10:57 am at 10:57 am |
  12. Ardnuas

He does NOT work on weekends ( another George Bush) WHY DOES HE NEED A PLANE?
    Obama/Biden08

June 29, 2008 10:59 am at 10:59 am |
  13. scott

He ought to pay his property taxes in San Diego before buying/leasing a jet...just my opinion

June 29, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  14. Nova

For all those idiots who are spreading rumors: He is renting the plane. People should give McCain credit for fighting aginst Obama with little resources.

Which candidate do think of when you hear the word "survivor", "hero", "problem.- solver","bi-partisan","maverick"?

And which candidate comes to mind when you hear the words: "naive", "elitists","arrogant" ?

June 29, 2008 11:00 am at 11:00 am |
  15. Raymond Duke

I think it is time for him to get a plane and that way he will be able to make all them town hall meetings that Obama refuses to do. Hmmmm, I wonder why the great orator ( the myth the press created) want debate in front of ordinary people. Reckon he might have to answer real questions and might not look as sharp as that old man without someone telling him what to say.

June 29, 2008 11:02 am at 11:02 am |
  16. OBAMA MAMA

More like my "attack Obama flight". I guess Cindy to paid for it.

June 29, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  17. woman for GOP VP

Why do Obama supporters so closely resemble a pack of rabid dogs, frothing at the mouth, with no apparent control over their senses? Why do they continually resort to name calling and making idiotic puns of the opponent's name? This torrent of obnoxiousness will not elect your pathetic candidate. It did not elect Obama in the primaries and, since there are no superdelegates to hand the Novemeber election over, it will not work in the months to come. The collective arrogance of Barack Obama and his minions should condemn the entire group of blithering idiots to failure.

June 29, 2008 11:03 am at 11:03 am |
  18. JohnInOhio

I would suggest the "Straight talk buggy-whip". It'd be more appropriate.

June 29, 2008 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  19. Donna

Dave..what does your rant have to do with this topic? oh yeah..NOTHING....

It must be nice to have a wife that can purchase you a plane...I really want to know who paid for it!!! PLEASE DIG INTO THE ORIGINS OF THIS PLANE...I hope the taxpayers aren't footing his bill...

But did he use his AARP discount to purchase it?

June 29, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  20. Raymond Duke

If I was all you liberals I wouldn't cry about McCain breaking out a new Plane. According to all you Obama people (the messiah) Obama is going to win and be the second coming of christ to save us from the muslims and make sure everybody gets their welfare check on time.I only have one question. When he starts taxing all the working people to much and they decide to get in line to get them free handouts, who is going to be working to support these handouts.

June 29, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  21. Mac/San Diego

What is abundantly clear to me is that no one is interested in a real discussion about the problems facing the United States. Obama supporters believe magically that their eloquent leader will be a savior of sorts. McCain supporters are split between neo-conservatives and traditional republican ideologues and care more about securing another election than the direction of the country. How is it that the greatest we have to offer is Obama or McCain as choices? What is wrong with the country is that we have languished behind the weak and self-serving leadership of Democrats and Republicans. Thanks CNN for promoting a dialogue about McCain's plane and yesterday Obama's gym problems.

June 29, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  22. DAVE

I BET HE WONT WORRY ABOUT GAS PRICES KEEPING THAT BIG PLANE "UP" AND THE REST OF THE COUNTRY DOWN!! HE IS THE WORST CANDIDATE I HAVE EVER SEEN

June 29, 2008 11:10 am at 11:10 am |
  23. steve a boeing employee

its a wonder he didn't use an airbus plane since he and the the airbus lobbyists that run his campaign want to put boeing out of emlpoyees out of work

June 29, 2008 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  24. McCain=the draft

Weathervane McCain, I'll give you some straight talk... you've become a joke.

June 29, 2008 11:15 am at 11:15 am |
  25. Sue

At least it is an American plane! I am only impressed by that fact.

June 29, 2008 11:15 am at 11:15 am |