June 29th, 2008

McCain's Straight Talk Express grows wings

WASHINGTON (CNN) - The Straight Talk Express - perhaps the most visible symbol of Arizona Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign - is taking to the skies.

The Republican Party's presumptive nominee will unveil his new campaign airplane on Monday: a Boeing 737-400.

The aircraft shares its name with McCain's ever-present campaign bus, which has been a staple of the candidate's 2000 and 2008 campaigns.

The 95-seat plane - with seats for the candidate, his staffers and the press - has the "Straight Talk Express" logo emblazoned on its fuselage.

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts
  1. susie

Obama supporters need to wake up and see what a flip-flopper Obama is.

June 29, 2008 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  2. ree not for obama

How does Obama get around? Does he walk? Who pays for his traveling expences?

If you Obama supporters are going to attack Mrs. McCain then you can't say a word when Michelle not proud to be American gets attack.

Ridgeway you said it very well.

Obama supporters are in for a rude awaking. He does not walk on water.

June 29, 2008 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  3. John

How old is he? 99?

June 29, 2008 11:44 am at 11:44 am |
  4. Mark, B'ham., Al.

Atleast Cindy pays $1.5 million on her $6 million she made. John Kerry's wife Teresa Heinz paid $175,000 on her $5 million in 2004. I guess the liberals have the tax breaks biased to their own elitist. Obama will given a plane by his own Corporate special interest to fly around.

June 29, 2008 11:46 am at 11:46 am |
  5. Dusacre

GrandPa co home, play with grand children

June 29, 2008 11:47 am at 11:47 am |
  6. Karen

I live in AZ and McBush has sooooo much money from his wife it really doesn't matter what he does. They have 8 houses and I have never liked is moral attitude especially when he stole thousand from retired people during the Keating 5. He should have gone to jail along with his wife for stealing drugs from a foundation, BUT they are rich, rich and more rich and got off. McBush has NEVER done a thing for AZ and most of us out here do not care for the man. No way he could even get elected to the senate from AZ today!!! He's toooo old!!! I'm 64, ready to retire and no way do I want anyone any older than I am trying to take care of me!!!! Its time to turn things over to the youth of this country and I do believe they will do a much, much better job!!!!

June 29, 2008 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  7. To Obama's Supporters Who Can't Shut Up Even For A Minute

At least McCain was using ground transportation so that he can be amongst us Americans, unlike Obama, who thinks he's God and has to fly above us Americans.

June 29, 2008 11:49 am at 11:49 am |
  8. maurice

Finally a candidate that tells it as it is insted of
    saying only what people want to hear.

June 29, 2008 11:51 am at 11:51 am |
  9. To Obama's Supporters

At least McCain was using ground transportation during his campaign to be amongst Americans. Obama, who thinks he's god has to use airplanes to travel "above Americans".

June 29, 2008 11:52 am at 11:52 am |
  10. INDEPENDENT and NON-BIASED voter

Where have all you liberal coots been hiding all these years? Is it not common knowledge that during presidential campaigns, the candidates FLY from location to location? How on earth are they supposed to tour the country to efficiently explain their proposed policies solely on a BUS??? All of you fools leaving comments about how this is a "waste of taxpayer money" etc, you're obviously biased uneducated (yet ignorantly opinionated) individuals. This is NORMAL and EXPECTED and if you think Obama will be touring the country exclusively on a bus then you're a lost cause.

Why don't you spend some time learning before you open your mouths. THEN when you speak, people will value your opinions.

June 29, 2008 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  11. GA Republican

What's wrong dems? Republicans have an idea for their campaign that you didn't? GREAT JOB JOHN McCAIN!!!!!!!!! You see the Obama camp ants us to believe Obama's just a poor little old black man who's trying to sell America on his incompitent, stupid, demoralizing ideas. He wants to make America weak and dependent on the Government so that we all can live in the hood. Not this hardworking white man, I won't fall for the Blackhouse concept!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 29, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  12. sam canada

Dave, Illionois you are just angry, unhappy and miserable human being. YOu are just full of hate with no substance. Look what happen you America because of Bush and you want another bush in the white house. How selfish can you be? Just because you do not like Obama as a person (not his policies) because his policies are the best so far you are willing to let your own children dream crash?? Think again you fool

June 29, 2008 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  13. Dave, Illinois

Steve, I really gave up trying to say anything meaningful on these forums because it is drowned out by the Obamites. So, I decided just to have some fun and really get some Obamites mad. Looks like it worked and I feel great now. Thanks.

June 29, 2008 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  14. ALECO1 -----NOKOMIS,FL

THE PLANE WILL BE CALLED--THE VULTURE.

June 29, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  15. GA Republican

John, how old are you, 12?

June 29, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  16. RobertA

McCain has a lot of nerve talking about Obama not being trusted. The desparate old coot should look at all of his pandering flip flops to the Bush side to get the approval of the Bush base. Disgraceful.

June 29, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  17. Elly

it makes me almost lol when MCSame and the arrogant Mitt romney call Senator Obama Elitist .If anyone is Elitist its MCSame and Romney
    They come from wealth!!!!!
    Obana had a tough upbringing money wise
    He does NOT come from wealth and is still not wealthy compared to
    McSame
    Seems to me someone like Senator Obama could relate more to those that are struggling than the elitist MCSame!!!
    Obama has been there in his life....struggling for what he attained!

June 29, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  18. RobertA

Jason... You sound like a jealous girly man. What are you doing calling a man a prettyboy? John McCain is a worn out loser, abuser and womanizer. How does that sound Jason?

June 29, 2008 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  19. Ed

Straight Talk? Flip Flop! That logo should say: " Your Message Here in Exchange for Your Vote"

June 29, 2008 12:06 pm at 12:06 pm |
  20. MD. FOR OBAMA!!!!!!!!!!!

With the limited amount of money he has was, is all that graphic stuff on a plane really necessary? Besides he is THE CROOKED TALK EXPRESS.

HE FLIP FLOPED:

-ON THE BUSH TAX CUTS,

-ON OFF SHORE DRILLING,

- ON IMMIGRATION,

–PUBLIC FUNDING

-PASTORS PAT ROBERTSON, AND JERRY FARWELL WERE ONCE AGENTS OF INTOLERANCE, NOW HE COURTING THEIR ENDORSEMENTS?

OBAMA HAS FLIP FLOPPED TOO, BUT IM MORE INCLINED TO TRUST SOMEONE WHO HAS FLIP FLOP ON 2 TISSUES THAT I DONT CARE ABOUT THEN TO VOTE FOR MCCAIN. I'VE BEEN DOING MY RESEARCH JOHN MCCAIN AND YOU SIR ARE LOSING YOUR BARRINGS...LITERALLY!

June 29, 2008 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  21. GA Republican

Sam, you have a lot of nerve, You are a typical democrat wanting your handout. The Government won't take care of my children in the future It's my resposibility as a parent to make sure they are set for their future. So grow up get a job and accept some responsibility. Quite depending on everyone else to give you a free ride. I just returned from the best vacation my family has ever had. I paid as much as $4.89 per gal. for gas and up to $400.oo per night for a hotel. My 3 kids got to do almost anything they wanted. My wife shopped. After 2 weeks of pure fun and American history around the US I must say my hard work payed off. Oh, by the way, I paid for this myself without Government handouts.

June 29, 2008 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  22. shantel

now I see why he left his CRIPPLED wife..everytime i hear the name mcain i throw up a little bit. OBAMA 08!

June 29, 2008 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  23. Kaci

Too bad he can't grow a pair, little Napoleon.

June 29, 2008 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  24. Dave, Illinois

Boo HA HA HA!!!! Sam, I not angry. I am having a great time making you Obamites blow your cork.

I have three children that are doing just fine, thank you. What Obama policies are you talking about? "Change", "Yes we can", or maybe a little fist bump.

Here are policies I believe in: More drilling for short-term relief; Offering incentives for private enterprise to develope more efficient batteries for electric cars, nuclear and wind power for long-term relief; a parliamentary question and answer session like the Brits have for the Congress and President to face each other and work out differences; A free and strong Iraq with US presence like Germany and Japan; .....

See the difference here??????

June 29, 2008 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  25. Robert Thompson

No person that is running fopr President is talking straight. They employ spin doctors to write for them, telling the public what they think they want to hear. I can't complain about Gov. because I don't vote for anyone running for national office. I am not a genius but I have common sense.

June 29, 2008 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |