June 29th, 2008

McCain's Straight Talk Express grows wings

WASHINGTON (CNN) - The Straight Talk Express - perhaps the most visible symbol of Arizona Sen. John McCain's presidential campaign - is taking to the skies.

The Republican Party's presumptive nominee will unveil his new campaign airplane on Monday: a Boeing 737-400.

The aircraft shares its name with McCain's ever-present campaign bus, which has been a staple of the candidate's 2000 and 2008 campaigns.

The 95-seat plane - with seats for the candidate, his staffers and the press - has the "Straight Talk Express" logo emblazoned on its fuselage.

Filed under: John McCain • Popular Posts
  1. Aaron

republicans would actually have a chance if Ron Paul was their nominee. Why did they push Romeny and McCain so much? McCain doesn't stand a chance...look at this comments section. Maybe 2% of the post support McCain. Straight talk express my butt!

June 29, 2008 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  2. Allen In North Carolina

Cnn why do you let racist like Ga Republicans remarks up on a public forum?.....

June 29, 2008 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  3. RobertA

GA Republican did you trip over those ten broken down cars in your driveway or trip over the Bud beer cans in your living room? Listen Archie Bunker, Obama went to an Ivy League school and graduated with honors. I think the problem with you is that you know that you and your GED having buddys are jealous that this black man is superior to you in every way. When your government borrows trillions of dollars from China to support a failed war that your candidate supports tell me who is making who dependent or whose government? Have somebody read this to you because you can't.

June 29, 2008 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  4. Joe

That name was appropriate in his 2000 election bid, but not this year. John McCain's campaign has had little to do with straight talk. Unlike 2000, he changed positions to win the support of the conservative wing of the GOP just to get the nomination. He continues to repeat the Bush Administration's party line on taxes, the economy, and Iraq. Given that, the plane and bus should be called the "Bush III Express".

June 29, 2008 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  5. Brian

Straight talk express or the FLIP FLOP BUS. Whatever works for you.

June 29, 2008 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  6. Doc Sinn

"So, I decided just to have some fun and really get some Obamites mad. "

The essence of ignorance. To paraphrase:

"I really have nothing meaningful to say and I'm incapable of validating my ridiculous talking points, so I'm just hear to irritate people."

You, like John McCain, do more to illustrate your ignorance, hate, and lack of education than anything Barack Obama and his supporters could ever do.

Thanks. We appreciate it.

June 29, 2008 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  7. OH

Senator McCain, I lost more than 7,000 dollars of my 401K this past week. This is not a flip flop but it is real.
    My net worth has declined so much that I am afraid my daughter may not be able to go to college this year.

Instead of buying a plane, can you tell me EXACTLY what you will do for young people who worked hard in High School and hell bent in going to college?

I have not heard one peep from you on that subject and I not asking for anything for myself but for the next generation.

How can my daughter afford 100,000 college loan at 7% or more and if I may say so; loans from evil corporations who care less if a child succeed?

I like your straight talk express but it lost it's wheels and now you new plane will loose it's wings too. Until your positions are a complete reverse from those of the Chimp, you are just like him.

June 29, 2008 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  8. Ron. Toronto Canada

In ohio,"I understand your pain when you lose your job to free trade". Then he goes out and buy's a plane. Unbelievable!

June 29, 2008 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  9. OlderBudWeiser

Please don't allow the Fossil to fly Da Plane. Specially over populated areas. Have a friend who was a POW. He's not a hero too? No, just an alcoholic with mental problems and flashbacks. We don't let him fly either.

June 29, 2008 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  10. MBFLA

Who is the elitist? Who with his wife owns 7 houses? What a man of the people......the top 1%.

June 29, 2008 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  11. BUSHED!!!!

Ben ............... I feel sorry for McCain. He is running his race on a crippled plow horse against a super race horse. He can't possibly win! Even Murdach(sp?) the owner of fox news, the most biased republican network in America said he will lose in a landslide............
    DITTO!!!!!!

June 29, 2008 12:21 pm at 12:21 pm |
  12. Doc Sinn

Notice how the GOP doesnt talk about the war. Notice how they never talk about Gas Prices. Or home foreclosures. Or what they are going to do about the economy.

All you hear is "Obama is inexperienced". "Obama is a Muslim". "Obama is a Black Racist". "Obama is a Rock Star".

Never do they talk about the ISSUES. Why? Because all those things happened under their policies. Gas Prices are nearing $5 a gallon and John McCain wants to talk about Jimmy Carter, a man who has been out of office for 3 decades.....

The GOP has nothing. The haev become a parody of themselves.

June 29, 2008 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  13. Gary

Lies? You would accuse a true Patriot, a war hero of lies? Yet you would believe anything anybody named "Clinton" would tell you when it is a matter of public record that both are liars? When they have both been caught in blatant lies and "Slick Willie" was even convicted of purgery?

Obama is cut from the same mold and John McCain is the only choice to keep this country safe and strong.

June 29, 2008 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  14. Allen In North Carolina

Since when does freedom of speech have anything to do with the freedom to spout off racist remarks?.... Mein Kampf?..... Blackhouse?

Please explain?......

June 29, 2008 12:23 pm at 12:23 pm |
  15. Herman in LA

With a trillion dollar wife you can fly around in anything you want...

Don't sound like like straight talk to me...

June 29, 2008 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  16. Fuller from New York

I guess McCain is now aware of "jets" like his is the "internet." WOO HOO! Obama... you can't be my president fast enough!

June 29, 2008 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  17. hank

mccain is such a joke. i don't care what has happened to him in his life, as long as becoming president isn't part of it. get this man into a retirement home already.

June 29, 2008 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  18. Robert Boardman

Who cares?

June 29, 2008 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  19. Fuller from New York

I guess McCain is now aware of "jets" like he is the "internet." WOO HOO! Obama... you can't be my president fast enough!

June 29, 2008 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  20. Louise

If they were honest, they'd call it the Right-Wing Mud-Slinging Jugernaut.

June 29, 2008 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  21. Ron. Toronto Canada

Reading these comment's,I can see there is still a lot of racism in America.

June 29, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  22. MBFLA

Just don't let McCain fly it. He crashed 5 planes before he finally ended up in Hanoi. Hard to tell how much of a hero he is vs just a really crummy pilot!

June 29, 2008 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  23. Doc Sinn

"it's easy to shoot your mouth off when your living in a upscale neighbourhood protected by the police try that in a slum area"

Been there. Done that. Grew up in the worst neighborhood you could imagine. Crime everywhere. Pulled myself up by my own bootstraps and made my own way in the world.

I wonder how the people left in my old neighborhood are dealing with the price of gas right now? Or the fact that there are no jobs in the city?

I dont hear the GOP talking about any of that.

June 29, 2008 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  24. BUSHED!!!!

susie .............Obama supporters need to wake up and see what a flip-flopper Obama is...............McSame.............took the FLOP out of THE FLIPPER (BUSH)

June 29, 2008 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  25. Franky

Talk about money wasting, LOL!!!! By the way, where is he getting this money at??? Ohhh yeah, I forgot, his rich! LOL!!!

June 29, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |