July 8th, 2008

Clinton's women's outreach director joins Obama team

A former Clinton aide has singed on with Obama.
A former Clinton aide has singed on with Obama.

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton’s former director of women’s outreach has become the latest presidential campaign staffer for the New York senator to join Barack Obama’s general election team.

Dana Singiser, a former staff director of the Senate Democratic Steering and Outreach Committee led by Clinton, will fill the same strategic role she held on the Clinton campaign, heading strategic management of women's vote outreach.

"I am thrilled that Dana will continue her work with women voters on behalf of Sen. Obama," Clinton said in a statement released by Obama’s campaign Tuesday. "It is so important that we elect a Democrat to the White House, and women will be critical in that effort. I know that the women who joined my campaign will continue to work with Dana and with me to make sure Barack Obama is the next President of the United States."

Former Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle - who made a headline-grabbing exit from the top spot in after disappointing results early in the cycle - was tapped by the Obama team several weeks ago as chief of staff for the eventual vice presidential nominee.

Other Clinton staffers and advisers to join Obama’s campaign since the end of the primary season include former her former policy director, Neera Tanden.

1. Brenda, CA

Hillary Supporters:

Even Hillary is supporting Obama, now grant you she's doing it for 22 million selfish reasons, but she's still supporting him.

Let's move on.

July 8, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  2. too late to kiss

If the democratic party valued its lifelong democratic party base...

And if Obama wants our votes....

He and his hateful cult following should have shown HRC the respect she has earned and deserves.

He and his filthy, vulgar, loudmouthed supporters should have never insulted, debased, mocked, ridiculed and insulted greater than 50% of the democratic party.

Too little, too late.

July 8, 2008 02:11 pm at 2:11 pm |
  3. A house divided

Living through the terrible, hateful, fixed for Obama primary, I can say that this is just too little too late:

If the democratic party valued its lifelong democratic party base...

And if Obama wants our votes....

Too little, too late.

July 8, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  4. Noah

I am a die-hard Hillary supporter. I am not part of PUMA, even though I understand their point of view. Obama has not won me over yet and his wishy-washy stance the last few weeks makes me really believe that the DNC made the wrong choice. That said, I will vote for the democrat in the general election, I just might not be as excited about it as I would if the most qualified,deserving candidate was my choice. Obama needs a strong running mate and I will not be happy if Hillary is not his choice. So Obama fans, be fair. Obama needs to prove he is ready. I am still waiting. Of course, I, a true democrat, can not vote republican, but I also refuse to go blindly behind my parties candidate.

July 8, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  5. Felix

Obama-Clinton 08!!! Signs are everywhere. The more Clinton aides go for Obama the more chances Clinton will be VP. How perfect is that all her top people sign with Obama. COME ON Chief of staff for the Obama VP was a top Clinton aide. SIGNS EVERYWHERE? Wake up PEOPLE!!!!!

July 8, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  6. Heidi

Sen Obama is making a grave mistake bringing all these Clinton supporters on board. Easy access to sabbatog his campaign.

July 8, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  7. Rob Denver

Freida, NYC should vote for who ever she wants. It is not un-American to vote republican, to switch parties, or to become an independent. Not voting at all would be un-American. Voting your conscience is the ultimate American act.

Having said this, I hope Freida and others like her (Hillary supporters or republican baiters posing as Hillary supporters) come to their senses and vote for change.

July 8, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  8. Independent in DC

PUMA...LOL...what a joke. Do you guys realize how insignificant you are? Apparently not...

July 8, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  9. Susan from Scotts Valley, CA

Lisa:
    That's a heckuva thing to say about your candidate. Why would she be lying? Why would she want to put this Country at risk in the hands of someone who disagrees with her very being of what she stands for? Just so she run for President in 2012? That would be really selfish of her and I have too much respect for her to think she'd sacrifice this country for her own political ambitions. She ran a great race but lost. If her supporters put McCain in office, that will be very sad for all of us and won't help her in 2012 despite what they might think.

July 8, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  10. Enlightened Voter

Lisa and April – do you really think Hillary cares about you? Honestly? She ran a lousy campaign (all her fault) mismanaged her finances (all her fault) and lost (fault due to the 18 million who voted for Barack and the super delegates who couldn't or wouldn't support Clinton cause they knew them too well) Go get your meds and be happy girls. Btw THERE ARE MANY WHO WOULD NEVER HAVE NOR WOULD VOTE FOR HILLARY, REMEMBER THAT.

July 8, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  11. Jason

Everyone jumping on Frieda for her opinion needs to back off you are what is wrong with this country. A persons opinion no matter how different from yours is their right. When we stop bashing people for having an opinion and start working for common good we will be a better country. I can't stand by and watch you people continue to bash everyone who thinks differently it drives me crazy. We are americans vote american be american do what is best in YOUR opinion for this country and stop bashing those who are doing what they think is best for them. Finding common ground is hard but worth it. Stop saying all these hillary haters Obama haters blah blah because your just a hater yourself. Hello kettle I'm the pot.

July 8, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  12. Demi, MT

Frieda,

You're in a fantasyland if you think the GOP is going to win New York. It aint gonna happen Frieda. When you wake up on November 5th, trust me–NEW YORK will be in the blue column, Obama's column. So stop pouting, join the winning team and get over yourself. Contrary to what your candidate thinks, this election is about the people, not special interests.

July 8, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  13. J in NO

For all of those who keep saying "I will not vote for Obama," etc. etc. OKAY...we get it!! But I have one question: Other than you, "WHO CARES?!?!?!?!" I mean really....you're not hurting his pockets. So good for you!!

July 8, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  14. A Post 9/11 Navy Veteran

You PUMA morons,

For every democrat that votes for McCain, 10 republicans are voting for Obama. Just like there are some democrats that won't vote for Obama because of some hurt feelings instead of the ISSUES like a person SHOULD be voting for, there are a lot of republicans that won't stand to see McCain in the white house. Get over yourselves and vote for the issues, not the person. Unless you all want a government backed on religion alone, which makes no sense. Someone answer me this: How can you outlaw abortion and same-sex marriage without it being based on some religion? Last time I checked not everyone in this country is religious. Most of them act like they are anyways. Tell me how would it be hurting YOU if marriage was universal.....TELL ME HOW IT WOULD HURT YOU TO LET ALL PEOPLE SERVE IN THE MILITARY EQUALLY!!!!!! TELL ME HOW IT WOULD HURT YOU FOR A WOMAN TO MAKE HURT OWN CHOICE, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO PUSH ANY BELIEFS ON THAT PERSON!!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WENT ON IN HER LIFE FOR HER TO MAKE THE CHOICE!!!! THE GOVERNMENT WILL NEVER OUTLAW ABORTION NOR WILL IT MAKE MARRIAGE JUST BETWEEN A WOMAN AND MAN WITHOUT IT BEING A TOTAL UPROAR IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!! DO YOU WANT THAT????!!!!!!

July 8, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  15. Diane

People like the morals of Omana, not someone who kept cheating on his wife like McCain or Clinton.

McCain has no morals and should Not be in the White House.

July 8, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  16. Texas Speaks

Frieda you and all the other republicans can keep your vote and your comments. Somehow I have a feeling that neither will be needed for the Democrats to secure the White House in November.

July 8, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  17. Souza

According to the media Women who had once supported Hillary Clinton are now moving behind Barack Obama.
    I don’t know what women they are polling, but all the women I have spoken to are still very angry about how Hillary was treated by the Media and the DNC. According to the media and the lack of support from the DNC Hillary is not going to be a candidate for President but now they trash her about the VP position. This is unreal.
    Once again a man was promoted by the media and the DNC over a woman whom has more experience and qualifications. As a woman who has worked in a male dominated profession I can totally relate to Hillary’s experience. Women I have spoken to that supported Hillary feel the same way. Women still make 70 cents on the dollar as a man doing the same job.
    Let us not forget the Black men were able to vote before women.
    I will not be voting this election as I don’t think ether current candidate is qualified to be Commander and Chief. I have voted every election since I was 18 and I am now 51.

July 8, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  18. Old White Lady for Obama

I'd rather be an OWL (Old White Ladies for Obama) than a PUMA.

July 8, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  19. aliou salam FL

Welcome Dana,

Here is what McCain and the republicans are selling: wars and more wars, economic and social crisis and more crisis, Katrina and more Katrina, Swindling our treasury to enrish the rich, the war and oil industries, and more; Lies and more lies.

Make sure women understand that.

July 8, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  20. Rob

Obama please stop changing your views on things..I'm voting for you because of change, but your becoming the same old thing. Mc Bush light nobody needs. Stop the pandering , not everyone will vote for you anyway.Your going to alienate your real base

July 8, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  21. Xavier, Saint Louis, MO

GREAT! Welcome aboard the movement; a winning campaign and a new era in American politics. People its time for change we can believe in.

Obamanation '08

YES WE CAN!

July 8, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  22. The Truth Teller

Dear PUMAs, get out those rusty hangers, there will be no abortions. Secure those burial plots, your sons and daughters will be required to shed their blood in Iraq and Iran. Save those canned goods, the depression is coming; led by a president who "doesn't know a lot about economics!" And ladies, you should be looking for a second job, the new supreme court will not uphold equal pay for equal work. Last, look your children and grandchildren in the eyes and explain to them how our environment was decimated by a president who tripled the amount of nuclear waste, blacked our air and atmosphere with coal smelts, and polluted our oceans with oil that made the filthy rich corporations even richer. Please vote for McCain, please. Speed the end of this once strong society.

July 8, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  23. Dan

Of course Hillary's lying Clark, what else would she be doing. She's a liar, and now the world knows it. The only reason she's saying she's voting for Barack is to get her money back. I really think she'll be writing her own name in, why? Because she is a LIAR.

Having said that, Barack and his supporters are moving on.

July 8, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  24. Kingslough NY.

Funny i dont hear much of PUMA in here..lol

July 8, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  25. J in NO

And what's even funnier is that most of the people who are saying they won't vote for Obama are probably BROKE!! lol So just keep in mind that at the end of the day, you're BROKE; therefore, McCain has nothing in common with you!! It's so funny that some folks STILL don't realize that!!

July 8, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |