July 8th, 2008

Clinton's women's outreach director joins Obama team

A former Clinton aide has singed on with Obama.
A former Clinton aide has singed on with Obama.

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton’s former director of women’s outreach has become the latest presidential campaign staffer for the New York senator to join Barack Obama’s general election team.

Dana Singiser, a former staff director of the Senate Democratic Steering and Outreach Committee led by Clinton, will fill the same strategic role she held on the Clinton campaign, heading strategic management of women's vote outreach.

"I am thrilled that Dana will continue her work with women voters on behalf of Sen. Obama," Clinton said in a statement released by Obama’s campaign Tuesday. "It is so important that we elect a Democrat to the White House, and women will be critical in that effort. I know that the women who joined my campaign will continue to work with Dana and with me to make sure Barack Obama is the next President of the United States."

Former Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle - who made a headline-grabbing exit from the top spot in after disappointing results early in the cycle - was tapped by the Obama team several weeks ago as chief of staff for the eventual vice presidential nominee.

Other Clinton staffers and advisers to join Obama’s campaign since the end of the primary season include former her former policy director, Neera Tanden.

1. No Nos Moveran

The democratic base is gone...possibly for good.

We all hate the direction of the new democratic party. Even those who will still reluctantly vote for the installed democratic nominee this NOV.

Those that Obama has inspired and brought into the party are filled with vitriol. They disrespect fellow Americans, fellow democrats, and even democratic candidates. They argue, not out of an informed opinion but with name-calling belittling insults to demean ALL others who may disagree.

They force, coerce, threaten and demand who gets to be nominee of the party.

This is 3rd world election rigging by propaganda and manipulation of the media. It is not democracy, justice or freedom.

The democrats are fools to think that UNITY is ever possible after the Obama show and the bash-fest of the past 6 months.

Viva Liberty and the right to vote.

July 8, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  2. Mary

I always laugh at how Republicans comment that they are Hillary supporters that will vote for McCain. HA HA HA

Its just about as funny as seeing McCain using the old 2004 campaign tactics in which he used to despise. They are tactics that we can see a mile away.

NOT THIS TIME!!!

July 8, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  3. Dr Williams MD. Florida

Obama, is doing excellent. He is heavily favored to win the general election. He makes great decision, just like this one!

July 8, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  4. concerned

0bama – never never never never

If not Hillary – then McCain

Go PUMA

July 8, 2008 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  5. Janet, MS

Jane,

In 4 years we'll be voting for Barack again. So Hillary needs to get in line. She can run in 2016, at which case she'll be 68. That will still be younger than McSame, so all is well. Of course by then they'll be tons of women campaigning for the presidency, who will run circles around Hillary and they won't be selfish liars, either.

Let me stop, the primaries are over, the primaries are over.....the primaries.....

July 8, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  6. Orange

PUMA

July 8, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  7. David, Silver Spring, MD

Hillary Clinton realizes that electing Barack Obama as President is the most important thing women in this country can do for themselves. Not just because Obama is on the right side of issues important to women, but also because his election will break down barriers that have held back anyone and everyone who wasn't a white male.

A Barack presidency will make it easier for a woman to win in 2016. A McCain presidency will make it easier for another white male to win in 2016.

July 8, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  8. Richard

No Hillary! I will vote for McCain!

Signed:

Hillary Supporter!

July 8, 2008 02:20 pm at 2:20 pm |
  9. CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK

Can one p.u.m.a. show me evidence of "flip-flopping" by Obama? Next, if you happen to find realistic, substantiated proof of such a change of heart, answer this:

-Don't you wish Bush had had a change of heart (flip-flop) before going to war in Iraq?

-Have you ever changed your mind before? Eg. Should I buy this car or not?

Time to wake up and smell reality, vote issues, not feelings.

July 8, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  10. Vegas Barbie for Obama

The votes lost due to these patethetic PUMA's will be well made up for by the Republicans who have and will swing to the Democrat site to vote for OBAMA, the next POTUS! As an Obamacan myself, I am proud to have switched parties to caucus for Obama in the Primaries and have been happy to see other Republicans doing the same!
    OBAMA '08 and '12–YES WE CAN!!!

July 8, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  11. arc, Lugano CH

mike s.:

You forgot to throw in the standard tags like “Elitism”, “His middle name is Hussein”, “Throw Under The Bus” and “Wright’ to your post! Make sure you include these next time. Don’t forget the latest one: 'Flip Flop'!

Bloody well done voting for McCain in November! Now that's an intelligent way to take a stand!

Cretin.

July 8, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  12. People Who Don't Want To Pay Hillary's Debt

There is a reason Barack's camp has money, and Hillary's camp is begging for it.

So stop PUMA (Republicans in disguise).

Sign:
    PWDWTPHD

July 8, 2008 02:22 pm at 2:22 pm |
  13. TJ

All you people saying you will vote Obama if he takes Clinton as VP, otherwise you will go McCann then please vote McCann because you obviously don't have a view on issues and are just running a popularity contest. I didn't get what I wanted so WHAAAA ,now I'm gonna pick the exact opposite WHAAAAA. Enjoy your $10 a gal. You dumb mindless sheep.

July 8, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  14. Anonymous

I find it reprehensible that any Hillary supporter would vote for McCain? I'm a Hillary supporter which means I'm a Democrat which means I will vote for who ever won the nomination (Obama). I ask you Hillary supporters not to do a disgraceful thing to our party and country by voting McCain. This country put a moron in office 8 years ago and now you people want to vote for another one (McCain). How pathetic!!!

"VOTE OBAMA"

July 8, 2008 02:23 pm at 2:23 pm |
  15. Power to the People = Former Repug

If all the PUMA cats were really Dems they will vote for the more Presidential GOP candidate who is Ron Paul or Bob Barr.
    Operation chaos is a flop. Can't vote for McBush who whose record on women's rights is abyssmal.

Obama 08

July 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  16. JJ

No, Michelle in Canada. You need not say more. First, you're in Canada, thus your input means nothing. Second, everyone who appreciated the decision of an activist Supreme Court 35 years ago screams every 4 years that Roe v. Wade will be struck down if a republican gets elected. Out of the 8 presidential elections since that decision, GOP has won 5 times, and guess what? That decision hasn't gone anywhere. Grow up! Find an argument with legs, OK?

July 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  17. AK

Let me say this as a former Hillary supporter, I would love to see hillary as VP BUT, regardless I am voting Obama because 4 more years of Bush type governing will bury this country! Obama 08!!! There I said it and Im proud

July 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  18. LynnB

Sorry, they can sign on whoever they wish, and Hillary can tell me how important it is to elect a Democrat, but not me. I am a woman, a former Hillary supporter, that will NEVER vote for Barack Obama if Hillary is not on the ticket – I don't care how much she asks me. I know she has to do what she is doing and I know she cares about the Democrats, but I care about her and the way she was treated and continues to be treated and snubbed by his organization, and I can promise you and anyone else it won't work for me – stick a fork in me I am done with Barack Obama. McCain '08

July 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  19. Independent in NY

Nice try but this wont be able to reach the Hillary supporters out there that will not vote for Obama. What they don't get is that, he is an empty suit with no experience. It doesn't help matters when a lot of these Obama supporters are juvenile, snide and arrogant and have really turned off a lot of these Clinton supporters. The issue is a lot deeper than what the media and pundits make it out to be.

July 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  20. Jeffrey G. Brown

Frieda from NY wrote...

"I still will NOT vote for Obama. I do not care who joins him period.

Hillary or McCain end of story."

I guess it's all about you Frieda? Not about the problems facing this country and where it will go under McCain? Obama is our LAST best hope to salvage this wonderful country of ours. If you feel so strongly against Obama, just take a Valium on Election Day and stay away from the polls!

July 8, 2008 02:24 pm at 2:24 pm |
  21. MR

"VOTE OBAMA"

July 8, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  22. T GUY

PUMAS ..........WE DONT NEED YOU. AND WHO CARES YOU WHINERS.

July 8, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  23. luvmynaturalself

"STILL FOR HILL July 8th, 2008 1:14 pm ET

We miss you Hillary… You are the democratic nominee for 18 million of us.

Our voices will be heard in Nov. when we cast our vote for John McCain.

Hillary 08 or McCain if necessary… It's not about race, it's about experience."

****************************************************************************

This is just plain stupid. McCain is going to "experience" your sons, grandsons, and great-grandsons right on over to Iraq to participate in a senseless, baseless war. He's going to play toy soldier with them.

July 8, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  24. Tristan

Lisa- "I still believe Hillary will win the nomination, do I need professional help?"

July 8, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  25. The Meek

I’m glad the bitter Hillary supporters are going to vote for McCain. They must think, as do I, that women should NOT have the right to make decisions regarding their own bodies. Roe vs. Wade will be overturned! Can’t wait!

July 8, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |