July 8th, 2008

Clinton's women's outreach director joins Obama team

A former Clinton aide has singed on with Obama.
A former Clinton aide has singed on with Obama.

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton’s former director of women’s outreach has become the latest presidential campaign staffer for the New York senator to join Barack Obama’s general election team.

Dana Singiser, a former staff director of the Senate Democratic Steering and Outreach Committee led by Clinton, will fill the same strategic role she held on the Clinton campaign, heading strategic management of women's vote outreach.

"I am thrilled that Dana will continue her work with women voters on behalf of Sen. Obama," Clinton said in a statement released by Obama’s campaign Tuesday. "It is so important that we elect a Democrat to the White House, and women will be critical in that effort. I know that the women who joined my campaign will continue to work with Dana and with me to make sure Barack Obama is the next President of the United States."

Former Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle - who made a headline-grabbing exit from the top spot in after disappointing results early in the cycle - was tapped by the Obama team several weeks ago as chief of staff for the eventual vice presidential nominee.

Other Clinton staffers and advisers to join Obama’s campaign since the end of the primary season include former her former policy director, Neera Tanden.

1. Paul

Heidi,

I think the opposite, if these people go back to Hillary in 2012, than they will be branded, but let's give them a chance.

A grave mistake would be to put Hillary on the ticket. Talk about sabotage. He'll have to watch his back 24/7.

July 8, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  2. Vegas Barbie for Obama

Editing myself: Repubs who will swing to the Democratic SIDE to vote for Barack Obama!!

July 8, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  3. Jay

PUMA

PUMA

PUMA

Not umder the Obama Spell...Will never be. Wake up zombies!

July 8, 2008 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  4. PUMA

To Bob who says:Take that, all you punk PUMAs out there in Amnesia Land…

Take what?

You will have to take the fact that Obama has lost the democratic base for the democratic party. This will cost Obama votes.

My conscience is clear- I cast MY ballot for the very BEST candidate- no racial games, no gender bias, no filthy insults, no hatred, no forceful coercion of the democratic process.

TAKE THAT!

July 8, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  5. WARS ARE COOL

HEY WE CAN VOTE FOR MCCAIN SO THAT WE CAN HAVE MORE WARS! WARS ARE SO COOL! DEATH IS AWESOME! AND JUST THINK HOW GREAT IT WILL BE TO HAVE WARS FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS OVER OIL! I SURE HOPE WE REINSTATE THE DRAFT!

July 8, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  6. Henry

I am still unsure why some Hillary supporters will not back Obama and even more, why they feel the need to keep telling everyone about it. The US is a free country and people are allowed to choose. The fact that Obama bit his lip and decided not to go negative on Hillary, but instead relayed the facts to the democratic voters in the primaries, I think is a good thing and It proves that he is a man of respect. I am not sure these Hillary supporters have anything to do with the democratic party in the first place, because if they did, they would see that Obama is the change for the best and McCain is a complete disaster waiting to be unleashed on the American people. I'll also add that if these ignorant people are so concerned about the future of their children and their health, they will not think twice before casting their ballot for Obama.

Hope + Change + Vision = Obama

Hope 08

July 8, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  7. luvmynaturalself

By the way: How many of you "Hillary or McCain-only" supporters know that two of his high-level advisors (one is a chief strategist) are former advisors to Jesse Helms?

Oh ... but that doesn't make any difference, I suppose.

July 8, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  8. Jeane Cross

I am...and always will be...a Hillary for President Dem.

July 8, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  9. January, NY

CNN,

We'll you stop putting Hillary stories on this board. You know how divisive she is–just stop it. Obama and McCain stories only. We are in the general election CNN, stop instigating.

July 8, 2008 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  10. David Nott

You Hillary fanatics aren't Democrats and are a waste of cyberspace. Go away.

July 8, 2008 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  11. Eileen

Bill Clinton was right this is a fairy tale. These people will never live in the White House. Obama is an empty suit. I will never get over the rev. Wright church racism or his american, hating, gorilla faced wife. Anyone that voted for these people are a bunch of morons. Wake-up you zombies and think for yourselves.

July 8, 2008 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  12. PUMA-SF

Hillary Clinton herself can't get us to vote for Obama. He remains unqualified to be president and I do not trust him. If they wanted to overturn Roe v Wade they could do it now so cut the scare tactics. Besides your precious Obama AGREES with their hand gun decision.

Nobama not now not ever!!

PUMA POWER

July 8, 2008 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  13. Pappu

With Hillary gone, I don't have a dog in this hunt. I may just check-off Nader.

July 8, 2008 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  14. February, NY

CNN,

Will you stop putting Hillary stories on this board. You know how divisive she is–just stop it. Obama and McCain stories only. We are in the general election CNN, stop instigating.

July 8, 2008 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  15. Obama Supporter

Did you not see Hillay's comments here...She is now trying to help elect Barack Obama President because we need a democrat in office. And you folks will not listen? What are you guys, republicans out here blogging just to agitate others out here?

July 8, 2008 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  16. BIFF, BIFFINGTON...

The Republicans would LOVE to have Hillary on the ticket...

That's why they are here posing as angry Hillary supporters.

July 8, 2008 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  17. Amerika the beautiful

To Bob who says:Take that, all you punk PUMAs out there in Amnesia Land…

Take what?

The pandering after the slaughtering of the party ideals, by Obama?

Sorry, but I don't think that will sell to all the TRUE democrats who have fought for the party ideals of freedom, equality and justice for all over the past decades.

TAKE THAT!

July 8, 2008 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  18. jim - chicago, illinois

To all the women who say they'll vote for McCain before they would ever vote for Obama, i don't want to hear any of you whine when he takes away your right to choose.

July 8, 2008 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  19. Timothy

The Hillary's supporters who will not vote for Obama and will vote for Mccain let them go ahead and vote Mccain. We the Democratic party donot need those kind of voters who will go against their party. Let them go!! There will be more voters that will come in as women and help Obama win this election because they understand we can'nt afford another Bush term that is what will happen if Mccain is elected.

July 8, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  20. JF

If you really care about HIllary,you will follow her advice and vote for Obama. Hark, do I hear a lot of Republicans in the Bushes?

July 8, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  21. mk

Only in America! What kind of flake abandons the Democratic issues because their ego was so damaged by the losing of their chosen candidate in the primaries? Get a grip people!

July 8, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  22. Phantom of the Oprah

I ditto this comment:

To Bob who says:Take that, all you punk PUMAs out there in Amnesia Land…

Take what?

The pandering after the slaughtering of the party ideals, by Obama?

TAKE THAT!

July 8, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  23. Kevin

To all you brainwashed Obama supporters, like Chi, Obama needs every vote he can get. It's unAmerican for any of you to say that someone shouldn't vote, just because they support someone that they think truly is THE best candidate of the two. You're complete morons and this entire election is an "obama"nation (translates to abomination) of Democracy, which no longer exists in this country. I am neither Democrat nor Republican. I vote for the person I think is best qualified. That was Hillary until once again, the female was forced to submit.

July 8, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  24. HSNP

Obama is flip flopping like a fish out of water. He and McCain both are!!! It's very disappointing.

July 8, 2008 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  25. LT for Obama

J.S. – Maybe you did not see the rally or listened to Obama speak but he has already said that he knows he needs Hillary and Bill. PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE. Geez.....

July 8, 2008 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |