July 8th, 2008

Clinton's women's outreach director joins Obama team

A former Clinton aide has singed on with Obama.
A former Clinton aide has singed on with Obama.

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton’s former director of women’s outreach has become the latest presidential campaign staffer for the New York senator to join Barack Obama’s general election team.

Dana Singiser, a former staff director of the Senate Democratic Steering and Outreach Committee led by Clinton, will fill the same strategic role she held on the Clinton campaign, heading strategic management of women's vote outreach.

"I am thrilled that Dana will continue her work with women voters on behalf of Sen. Obama," Clinton said in a statement released by Obama’s campaign Tuesday. "It is so important that we elect a Democrat to the White House, and women will be critical in that effort. I know that the women who joined my campaign will continue to work with Dana and with me to make sure Barack Obama is the next President of the United States."

Former Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle - who made a headline-grabbing exit from the top spot in after disappointing results early in the cycle - was tapped by the Obama team several weeks ago as chief of staff for the eventual vice presidential nominee.

Other Clinton staffers and advisers to join Obama’s campaign since the end of the primary season include former her former policy director, Neera Tanden.

1. Shaik

All these hateful and bitter Billary types....get a life....do you REALLY want Supreme Court justices appointed by McSame? They will surely throttle issues and policies that are dear to women. Your vote for McSame is an insult to the person you supported. Getting ANY Democrat into the White House is the most important thing in this election....period!

July 8, 2008 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  2. Daniel, WA

Who cares? Obama has lot of money to pay his campaign staff. Obama does nto know the value for money. American people are contributing to his campaing expecting a change. This is all waste of money. Anyway I am Hillary support and now I will vote for John McCain.

July 8, 2008 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  3. b/augusta

can someone tell me what puma stands for? I have seen this word in several comments. I am not sure what it means.

July 8, 2008 02:31 pm at 2:31 pm |
  4. Was a Democrat-Now an Independent

Does not matter. I am a female Hillary Clinton supporter who WILL NOT vote for empty suit flip flopping Obama.I have not drunk from the kool aid, and I will never do so.
    PUMA!!

July 8, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  5. LOLs

PUMA LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
    what a joke.

cry more. please.

July 8, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  6. Phil-Little Rock

To paraphrase a popular REM song: "It's the end of McCain as we know him, and I feel fine..............."

July 8, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  7. Henry

It amazes me the length the media is prepared to go in order to manufacture some fake controversy. If the highly educated people at CNN cannot define "refine", then I am very shocked , as they did try their best to portray Obama's statement as some sort of flip flop with no evidence to support it. I have sent a copy of the Oxford English dictionary to Wolf Blitzer and his cohorts, I hope it'll help them understand grammar just a little bit more and stop twisting words to get more ratings.

July 8, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  8. stoltz61

Obama can sign on as many Clinton workers as he wants but he will not get my vote nor will the Democratic Party get my vote or my money! Mr. Obama and his kool-aid drinkers can have the party! The party is no longer for the life long members that has supported it. They gave it to the left wing faction and it will never be party it was!

July 8, 2008 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  9. A Democrat No More

I will not be held hostage by the democratic party over Roe v. Wade. If you recall Byron White was a democratically appointed supreme court justice who is staunchly anti-choice. I won't vote on a single issue and I won't vote for Obama. Hiring a Hillary aide is meaningless to me. Hillary as VP would be meaningful.

July 8, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  10. Mona, KY

PUMA,

If you're really undergoing mental anguish, this board is not for you. Go get some help for the mental anguish and come back after November.

Did you ever stop to think that your mental anguish might be because you refuse to accept the fact that the world is changing. It does that sometimes. Just when we think you're really okay with the Model T, Ford comes out with a new car, go figure.

Move on PUMA, the world will not wait for you.

July 8, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  11. Barbara Gooch

This woman will not be voteing Dem. People are so stupid they will vote for Dem. just because they are registered for that party I was Dem. but I will be voteing Republicing this year and if the women have half a brain in their heads they will do the same.

July 8, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  12. Frank

It is so important that we DO NOT elect a Democrat to the White House! Just look at what the inept Democrat party has stood for over the years! The Republicans are not perfect but they stand for true American values. Democrats are from the same vein as the ACLU who have taken our country and handed it over to the left which includes welfare deadbeats, immoral anti-americans and the silent foreign invaders. Just say NO to the Democrat party! I love my country and you are not going to change it into a marxist government. Shame on all Democrats!!

July 8, 2008 02:33 pm at 2:33 pm |
  13. Progressive

Earth to STILL FOR HILL and Down with Obama. Obama has more elected office experience than Hillary. Try educating yourself, and get over your ego. Your excuse argument is just a cop-out because you're bitter. Stop acting like a 5-year old. Sad.

July 8, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  14. hatred will kill the democratic party

Hillary EARNED our votes based on her track history, her work, her qualifications, her experience, her platform and her dedication.

Obama has NONE of those things.

Our vote will NOT simply transfer to Obama.

Remember... we WERE already democrats... and the travesty of this primary drove us away.

We are lifelongs... "outreach" isn't needed for us. We were in and now we are leaving.

Silly dems.

July 8, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  15. bernj

This is just crazy. Anyone who really supports what Hillary Clinton stands for would never, ever vote for McCain. Never.

At this point a democrat or progressive independent who will not support Obama is, simply put, insane, racist, stupid, ignorant or all of the above.

July 8, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  16. Angi's mom

Welcome, Dana. President Obama will bring sanity to the White House.

July 8, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  17. Jean-Marie

Obama is clearly the best choice of all those who have stepped forward to campaign for the office of President of the USA. There are a lot of hurt feelings out there among Hillary's supporters. Her candidacy is over. She is a loyal Democrat and supports the best choice, Obama. Her loyal supporters, who are also fine citizens, will get over their disappointment and support Obama. The rest of the hateful people who claim to support her will go ahead and attempt to shot themselves in the head by voting for McCain or not voting at all. There is nothing anyone can do about that. But we, as Democrats and loyal citizens of this great country, need to focus on saving our beloved country and turning around the incredible disaster of the last eight years by electing Barack Obama President of the United States of America along with a democratic Congress. God Bless America!!!

July 8, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  18. LT for Obama

Joann –

Again you are one of those people who only takes her information from the media. Obama has committed to 16 months. He said this on Thursday when he clarified the meaning of refine.

I really wish most of you would actually listen to the live feeds on CNN so that you get the whole story. If I can suffer through listening to McCain's speeches, you can take the time that you spend reciting the media and listen to the actual live feeds for the REAL INFORMATION.

July 8, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  19. bernj

July 8, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  20. ladymary

FRIEDA....I am from NY and have not seen Hillary fulfill any of the promises she made to us in her Senatorial bid. She has less elected experience than Obama, she ran a cmpaign into the red so how could she run the country's budget? I don't care how many times she runs for President..she will NEVER get my vote and while all you puma people are threatening not to vote for Obama just think what the Obama voters will do when Hill does run again.......NOTHING!!!!!! You people are not the only ones with long memories. When you get the rust off your brains, think about it.

July 8, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  21. bernj

July 8, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  22. RH

I really wonder what the Freidas will say if Obama is elected. I have never before in my life seen such "Me, me!" nonsense. Just what makes you so special, Freida?

July 8, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  23. ladymary

July 8, 2008 02:35 pm at 2:35 pm |
  24. Donald, Toronto

It is sad to see so many people so fill with hate or they wer just Republicans posing as Democrats. Why on God's good earth would you be for a certain party and because your candidate was not elected to be the nominee, you will chose to support the other party's candidate for president even after your choice ask that the eventual nominee be supported. Sorry, but many of these people are hiding their dislike for the fact that Obama is a black behind so-call experience.

July 8, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  25. rexx

Hey thats great!! Another member of the losing Clinton team joins Obama's campaign. Well they sure did a great job on Hillary's campaign that was supposed to win this nomination by Feb. Maybe she can share with Obama how to blow a huge lead in the polls to a first term Senator nobody knows. lol. Welcome to President McCain.

July 8, 2008 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |