July 8th, 2008

Clinton's women's outreach director joins Obama team

A former Clinton aide has singed on with Obama.
A former Clinton aide has singed on with Obama.

(CNN) – Hillary Clinton’s former director of women’s outreach has become the latest presidential campaign staffer for the New York senator to join Barack Obama’s general election team.

Dana Singiser, a former staff director of the Senate Democratic Steering and Outreach Committee led by Clinton, will fill the same strategic role she held on the Clinton campaign, heading strategic management of women's vote outreach.

"I am thrilled that Dana will continue her work with women voters on behalf of Sen. Obama," Clinton said in a statement released by Obama’s campaign Tuesday. "It is so important that we elect a Democrat to the White House, and women will be critical in that effort. I know that the women who joined my campaign will continue to work with Dana and with me to make sure Barack Obama is the next President of the United States."

Former Clinton campaign manager Patti Solis Doyle - who made a headline-grabbing exit from the top spot in after disappointing results early in the cycle - was tapped by the Obama team several weeks ago as chief of staff for the eventual vice presidential nominee.

Other Clinton staffers and advisers to join Obama’s campaign since the end of the primary season include former her former policy director, Neera Tanden.

1. scott

My first big disappointment with Bill and Hillary Clinton was when they folded and failed to fight back on a single payer health care system.

That was when I realized that Bill didn't have the 'sand' to get something critical done.

With Obama - I am not concerned about the public financing change, or the discussion of the Iraq policy, or the death penalty statement - but I am NOT happy about the FISA bill change - or the faith based initiatives.

I want to know he is going to stand for something, not only when it's easy.

Scot

July 8, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  2. JF

"Beware of republicans acting like Hillary's supporters"
    No, Beware of Hillary supporters voting republican...
    If she isn't on the ticket thats what I'm going to do !

July 8, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  3. NELSON Colorado Springs, Co

Good job Mrs. Patti Solis Doyle keep on working for your cause. GO OBAMA

July 8, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  4. Lawrence

I'm trying to understand something. Are people loyal to the person or to the party? Someone had to win and someone had to loose within the party, because your person lost you want to switch teams. Now that is the oddest thing I've heard. It's funny how some of you are more loyal to a pro team, that gives you nothing but wins or loses, than a party that can dictate many avenues of your lives. I know I watch many of the news shows and they stated that Hillary and Barack were a lot alike on many issues but the were different from McCain. How do you not vote for the person more like the person you were supporting and vote for the person nothing like the person you were supporting. Can someone explain that logic to me, beyond hurt feelings?

July 8, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  5. LawrenceNYC21

Don't pay attention to the gallup polls, its the electoral college thats important. And Obama is competitive in 14 states that formerly voted Republican. Hows that for %2 gallup poll lead.

Don't forget what happened in 2000. Majority of the votes DOESN'T count; it's where (states) you get the necessary votes that does.

July 8, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  6. Brandon Hillary PUMA for Mc Cain-Pa

Frieda we stand we with you are certaintly not alone-

July 8, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  7. Time to put a sock in it

Don't care what anyone says – including Hillary – I will not cast my vote for Obama. Hillary has to say things we all know deep down she does not want to say. But the beauty of being a voter, we don't have to answer to anyone. For sure not you stupid Obama supporters. You would not know when you are being taken for ride if it hit you in the face.

July 8, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  8. michelle

Sorry, no cigar. If BO had lost the primary, we'd be hearing RACISM and it would be BIG NEWS, HEADLINES. Where are the headlines about sexism?

Those reponsible for division in the Demoractic party are those democrat Hillary haters (mostly male) who encouraged BO to run a against the most qualified and popular candidate who happened to be a woman. They picked someone surely who divide the Dems.... a minority, male, good packaging and smooth talking.

I WILL BE WRITING IN HILLARY'S NAME IN NEW YORK. WE ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE HER AS OUR SENATOR. SOMEWHERE WOMEN HAVE TO TAKE A HARD STAND EVEN IF IT MEANS TAKING A STEP BACKWARDS SO THAT THEY CAN BE HEARD. WHAT'S IT GOING TO TAKE?

VIVA HILLARY, HILLARY FOR VP OR NO VOTE FOR BO

July 8, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  9. Peggy - Tx

Lisa, YES you obviously need professional help as the cold hard fact is that Hillary can not possibly win the election. The odds are so remote that it is more likely to snow in Texas in July. You and PUMA's really need to get a grip on reality and get on with your lives, or better yet, jump on the winner's bandwagon and do something meaningful to help our country with your currently wasted energy.

July 8, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  10. HJ

For all HRC supporters that want to vote for McCain...then go join citizens for mccain and vote for him if that is what you want to do. We all have the luxury of voting for whom we want in this country. And the best candidate always wins...You do not need to come in here and tell us you will be voting for McCain..just do it and quite complaining.

July 8, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  11. Still for Hill but now ONLY for Hill

Treachery and foul play by one democrat against another democratic candiate will NEVER win my vote.

True democrat for democracy, freedom, justice, equality and fair politics. Therefore still for Hill and never for the installed imposter.

July 8, 2008 02:07 pm at 2:07 pm |
  12. mike s.

No thanks. Too little, too late.

PUMA lives on!

McCain '08

July 8, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  13. Ex-Republican for Obama

Attn PUMA: Your candidate thinks you are worthless slimeballs. It is time to go create your own party and see how far your maniacal, selfish, childish, delusional and misdirected wisdom gets you.
    Go, go do it and tell us about it please.

It is going to be very fun to laugh at your moronic butts when your record in this election goes down as voting ONLY for the losers!!

Make your buttons now "I love losers! – PUMA"

July 8, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  14. Cuyo

Clinton's staff all NEED JOBS!!!

July 8, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  15. STILL FOR HILL

Jan,

You have a lot of nerve to say the Clintons can't be trusted. I think 8 years of peace and prosperity is enough proof that the Clintons have this country's best interest at heart.

Jan, you are stupid. Leave the Clintons alone.

As for Obama, I guess Affirmative Action is live and well in the U.S. The most important job in the world could possibly end up with the LEAST qualified candidate.

I read all about how well Obama represented IL while on his book tour. And as soon as he stepped in the U.S. Senate, he started running for Pres. Face it, Obama is going to be another corporate puppet directed by the likes of Kerry, Kennedy, Pelosi, etc.

Welcome to socialism.

Hillary at the convention, or McCain 08

July 8, 2008 02:08 pm at 2:08 pm |
  16. EVERYONE PLEASE LISTEN UP

I, along with Freida from NYC, will also not vote for Obama, and I am a life long liberal. Freida, please stand you ground and don't listen to these people. Obama is a scam and he will NOT win in November. I have to admit though that it will be strange voting republican for the first time in my life.

July 8, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  17. Anonymous

As a woman and a hillary backer i am ashamed at the behavior of all these other women saying they will not vote for obama. if you are a true democrat you will vote because these are our issues. Ladies if we want to be equal and play with the boys, lets start by being adults.not by saying if you don't let me win i am going to take my ball and go home!!!!

July 8, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  18. Doris,Memphis,TN

Hillary's supporters are strange.
    Freida and her sisters should stop
    blaming Obama. Hillary got too negative,
    Bill's mouth was out of control and the
    rest is history. The democrats have
    spoken.

Obama 2008-2016

July 8, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  19. Michigander

Does my vote for Hillary mean anything to you Obama kool aid drinkers. I guess not, Hillary or McCain that is my only choice. I will not vote for this flip-floper. He is worse than Kerry or Gore. God help
    the USA if Obama becomes our president.

July 8, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  20. Kevin Leo (Jonesboro, GA)

I am becoming convinced more and more that a number of these pro-Hillary/anti-Barack posters really are just GOP imposters. I have met too many former Clinton supporters who may not have liked the final result but know that Barack is far closer to what Hillary represented than McCain ever will be. I am not in favor of having Hillary on the ticket but think that she should be a high level cabinet appointee.

July 8, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  21. Jane

No thanks. We'll just wait 4 years and vote for Hillary again.

MCCAIN 08 HRC 2012

July 8, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  22. Allen from Hartwell, GA

I don't know what all the fuss is about. Anyone with a working mind will support the candidate that can break the GOP's strangling death-grip on the White House.

July 8, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  23. Obama=Everyone

Now, now...the primaries are over, and thank God, we don't have to argue anymore. Let's stop fighting. I know emotions are still raw, but let the healing begin.

We are going to have the most awesome, historical, groundbreaking convention on the planet. We have a big umbrella, just waiting for Hillary supporters, Independents, and Republicans. Come join us.

July 8, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  24. ml

comment to BIG story about a dog: it is great they want a dof – but what child does not?
    I think that this is not national political story, and that children should not be exploited – used in political world as such. Care for them, do things for them, but why is this news? In this country is a lot of kids who go sleep hungry. Do not have toys. Have sad lives -this is a material for politics, for news.
    These 2 girls live life of rich: big house, private school, nannies, etc.
    The are cute, but every child is cute!
    Tis is why I admire Cindy for doing what she does for kids, or Angelina Jolie....help unfortunate children. I myself adopted a child -after having 2 of my own. If I could afford it, I would adopt more, or help more. No child should suffer.
    All this brouhaha is not right.
    How about Obama's help some kids, donate to charities? Adopt kids? This would make my heart melt. It is good they have nice family, but it is so easy when having easy money. They have easy money, they do not have to work 2 jobs, struggle, they were so lucky in their life. I wish them that, but it seems that they are out of touch of what people do need.

When one has to work 2 jobs to make it , cannot afford private schooling, cannot have mansion, or even a house, food.....these people need help, opportunity to get on their feet.

July 8, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |
  25. Matt: honestly

Texas Trail Dog, you love quoting the Bible, and then throwing your own words in as a quote. Are you God? Your interpritation is way off base. People said the same thing about JFK when he ran. Now he is one of the most popular presidents of all time. He had the power to motivate. Which is all Obama has done, motivated the people of this country to make it a better place, in stead of the same old games. Is that evil?

July 8, 2008 02:10 pm at 2:10 pm |