July 12th, 2008

LA Times: Clinton on Obama's shortlist

The LA Times reports Obama says he is considering Clinton for the No. 2 spot.
The LA Times reports Obama says he is considering Clinton for the No. 2 spot.

Barack Obama told a potential donor to his campaign that Hillary Rodham Clinton is on his list of possible vice presidential running mates, but that her husband's status as a former president makes matters "complicated."

Jill Iscol, a faithful Democratic donor who was an ardent supporter of Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign, said Obama reached out to her because he heard she was unhappy about the way the New York senator had been treated by the Democratic Party and the media.

Full story from LA Times

1. lisaque

The comment she does'nt have what it takes!!! Please tell me what he has that it takes?????.

YES WE CAN AND WE WILL VOTE NOBAMA!!!!!

PUMA (PAC)

July 12, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  2. Joe Texas

If Obama does not put Hillary on the ticket I will campaign for McCain in Texas, Obama stole the nomination and that is something we will rally, He does not deserve it, And to all those Obama supporters believe it or not he cannot win without her or her husband, And yes we should vote for McCain he has experience and knowledege but
    I rather put the country in the hands of one that knows than one that is going to be on the job training, The only way I will vote Obama is if she's on the ticket, And to those Obama supporters talking bad about Hillary you should continue so that he can lose...

July 12, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  3. What World Need Now Is Love!!!!

What World Need Now Is Love!!!! July 12th, 2008 12:57 pm ET
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    Typical White Person -BAD
    Noah – WORSE
    Marge Hibbing Mn -WORST…..ARE You Guys are RELATED ?……….If you care so much about Hillary pay her DEBT ………
    ****************************************************************************
    OHIO—–at least Hillary was always honest about what she said and cared about the middle american and did not have to pander and change ……….HONEST as in BOSNIA!!!!!.

CNN Plz POST 2ND TRY .....YOU POST Texas Trail DOG!!!

July 12, 2008 01:08 pm at 1:08 pm |
  4. Obama 08

If I were Barack, I would consider picking Hillary, BUT...

I am NOT so sure that these PUMA people would grow up and vote for the ticket anyway.

Hillary may be a great choice for VP, but some of her supporters are NOT helping her case right now. They are more determined to elect John McCain than anything else.

Common sense is completely out the window. Uncontrolled rage may be here to stay. Thanks PUMA.

McNugget 08!

July 12, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  5. Fabian Blache III

I have grown very tired with the women whining over Senator Obama's winning the primary. I have grown even more tired of hearing ignorance in the form of "I am going to vote for McCain...even though he doesn't represent their or Hillary's views.

Throughout the campaign the media clearly delineated the similarities between the two candidates on the vast majority of their positions. That said, we were in good hands with either Hillary or Barack.

Let's get past the silliness and move on to whipping some RNC tail.

July 12, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  6. Carol

I thought Hillary lost. Put her on the ticket, or else….? It sounds like blackmail. If I were him, I’d rather make a clean break and pick someone else for VP. I don’t think I’d want the job if I had to answer to my VP and her "gang" every time an issue comes up that that she has a different opinion about. What will be the next “or else..”? Impeachment? LOL

July 12, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  7. Mike, Syracuse NY

Melissa,

"it is the male candidate who embodies more of the "female" characteristics that feminism is supposed to support."

I agree. Obama is quite the girlie-man!

July 12, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  8. GM

Hillary for VP !!!... Unless all of his " former supporters " ( after his wiretapping flip-flop) decide to vote for her as the nominee at the convention !!!

July 12, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  9. Joe Texas

And yes we are going to pay off her debt to make sure that people that support Obama She has already more than 10 million raised and i'm sure she has more people that support her than him, just llike the more votes she got in FL and MI and they think we not vote for McCain we've got news for u all, if she's not on ticket, he's not winning and We will make sure of that...

July 12, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  10. Ian Hussein in Boulder, CO

On my short list of trolls: Typical White Person, Noah, Jan From Boca Raton, Texas Trail Dog. My friends, it's good to see you on each and every blog out there! But please, my friends, pace youself! Eat, sleep, make love! Live a little! Once in a while, you can take a well-deserved break from your trolling duties, my friends! We will surely miss you, but we'll survive!

July 12, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  11. Connie

I am voting for Obama because of what I think he will do for this country. I love this land and I am still saddened by all the respect that has been lost for it. Not only by all of us in the USA , but how the world see us. i am not voting for Obama because of who he picks for VP. I believe those who supported Mrs.Clinton who say they will only vote for him if he picks her, I do not understand you people. he is good enough if he has her, but not without her.Are you selling your vote?I am sure he will find a much more important place for her, hang in there folks. Old white women for Obama 08

Connie'Hussein"Sturgeon from Indiana

July 12, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  12. Clinton Supporter

Golly, Obama cultists. What would you do, what would you say, if your hero actually chose Clinton!

All of sudden you'd have to start writing pro-Clinton messages, but you're all so programmed you probably would do a 180 degree about-face and praise him!

I bet that on the 1 in million chance that he actually chose Clinton, you would all tell yourselves that this was the very best idea anyone could ever have and Barack is such a genius and I just can't wait to pull the lever for Obama/Clinton.

"Why, we love Hillary. We've always believed she should share the ticket. Isn't Barack hones, brilliant and kind!"

Have some more Kool-Aid, folks.

July 12, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  13. DJ Los Angeles

Don't do it. Too much baggage and Bill is still out womanizing on the campaign trail.

July 12, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  14. Terri

NO Hillary you don't owe her anything it is bad enough you have to help her pay off her debt.

Hillary supporters go away no one owes you or her

Let's not forget all the lies and the bad mouthing of Barack that she did during the primary

Why would she want to be his VP since she and her supporters clearly think she is better suited for the job (LOL) wouldn't being a VP be an insult??????

Go Obama

July 12, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  15. Montana is Obama Country

What does Hillary w(r)ant..? ( as she so famously said)

July 12, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  16. NoMccain

Obama should go ahead and make up his mind already. Do not drag out the "who will be VP show" and end up like a last minute thing like Kerry stumbling in front of Edwards in front of a hotel in '04. That was pitiful to wait so long. If Mccain beats him to the decision, it makes Obama look bad. Obama should choose by next week, and begin hitting hard by preparing a magnificent speech for the DNC in Colorado, followed up by a nationwide campaign to target ambivalent people.

July 12, 2008 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  17. Terri

Jane

He should be thanking his lucky stars that either of the Clintons will consider helping him

----

Are you serious he beat Hillary,Bill and Chelsey

LOL

Go Obama

July 12, 2008 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |
  18. Texas Trail Dog

RANDY – July 12th, 2008 11:54 am ET

ALL OF YOU HAVE SHOWN THAT YOU MAKE VOTING DECETIONS BASE ON HILARY RATHER THAN THE ISSUES tHAt WE HAVE WITH DEMOCRATS. / REPUBLICANS?

HUH??? This is what I'm talking about. Obama's supporters don't have enough common knowledge on issues to even express themselves. Does someone understand the above message? If so please enlightening me.

HILLARY SHOW THE KNOWLEDGE YOU DO HAVE. YOU AND BILL DUMP THIS GARBAGE NOW. ALONG WITH THE DNC. OBAMA'S SHIP IS GOING DOWN WHETHER YOU'RE ON THE TICKET OR NOT. WE'RE NO GOING TO VOTE FOR SOMEONE AS CROOKED, CONNIVING, LIAR, AND A GANGSTER WHO TAKES MONEY FROM GANGSTER/SUPPORTS TERRORISTS. THE MAN REGARDLESS OF COLOR (WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY DECISION. HE LOST ME WITH REZKO, WRIGHT, AND THE TERRORIST WITH MICHELLE SAYING SHE HAD NEVER BEEN PROUD OF AMERICA) WILL NEVER GET MY VOTE.

July 12, 2008 01:24 pm at 1:24 pm |
  19. California Voter

She should be at the top of the list . . . she received 18 million votes and many of us that supported her have great concerns about Obama who is beginning among other things is beginning to show his true colors . . just like every other politician. He's fooled some but not all of us and the media has, except for FOX, never even vetted him.

July 12, 2008 01:25 pm at 1:25 pm |
  20. Jan From Boca Raton, Fl

Hey Randy,

Are you sniffing glue??? Hillary supporters are not going to be voting for Obama, and I'm one of MANY< MANY< MANY..

KEEP WISHING PAL, THE COCKY ROCK STAR IS GOING TO LOOSE
    BIG TIME.
    HA, HA...

July 12, 2008 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  21. Nobama

Obama's lying again. He's lying to Hillary supporters and pretends that he's put her on his VP shortlist so that he can get their support. In the end, he'll not ask Hillary as his VP - I can guarantee this!!!

July 12, 2008 01:26 pm at 1:26 pm |
  22. LOU IN MINNESOTA

WHY DONT ALL HER SO CLAIMED TO BE ANGRY SUPPORTERS(PUMA) PAY HER (HRC)ANTI OBAMA DEBT. I REALLY THINK THAT YOU P EOPLE ARE ASKING ALOT. GO OBAMA

July 12, 2008 01:27 pm at 1:27 pm |
  23. Dr.Mimi De La Cruz

THE CLINTONS RAN A POOR & DISGUSTING CAMPAIGN.

July 12, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  24. Patrick

If Obama dosent pick CLinton as VP he basically gives the Presidency to McCAin.

I will vote for McCain in 08, if Obama dosent choose Clinton as VP.

THats a PROMISE and as simple as that.

July 12, 2008 01:28 pm at 1:28 pm |
  25. Nikole

Can someone explain to me how even a small percentage of HRC voters, voting for McCain will make Obama lose? We have 51 separate elections in this country (electoral college rather than popular vote), and the HRC supporters are spread throughout. We know for a fact that not all 18 million are childish enough to vote AGAINST their best interests, so they will vote for the candidate most like their own, Obama. Then you have to factor in all of the new or unlikely votes that are in play this year. Is there a PUMA out there that can explain exactly what their strategy is?

July 12, 2008 01:30 pm at 1:30 pm |