July 24th, 2008

Poll of polls update: Obama ahead by four

(CNN) — Barack Obama holds a 4-point lead over John McCain in the latest CNN poll of polls.

The new average of the three most recent national surveys of registered voters shows the Illinois senator at 47 percent with McCain standing at 43 percent. About 10 percent say they are undecided.

The margin between the two presidential candidates has narrowed slightly over the past week: in a CNN poll of polls taken July 16, Obama and McCain were separated by 6 points.

Election Center: Check out the poll of polls trend

The latest poll of polls includes recent surveys from Gallup, NBC/Wall Street Journal, and ABC/Washington Post.

1. Tony Z- MD

The feeling is Obama is clearly ahead and McCain is trying to make ground. Point blank- McCain is behind the power curve on almost every issue.

Lets really look at the candidates.

Obama is not a military man, but is starting to show leadership as Commander in Chief.

McCain a former POW. What leadership position did he have in the Navy? Was he making decisions during war?

Lets talk about the Surge- If we are to believe the reason things are safer is because of our military than we should stay in Iraq for 100 years. The truth is there are several factors that helped the current day Iraq situation- period. The surge is just one and until unbiased analysis is done than it is open for debate.

McCain is credited with Foreign Policy experience, but look at the reception of Foreign leaders to Obama. Remember the President is the Leader of the Free World. This is a trip McCain wanted him to take, but it backfired on McCain.

When we talk flip-flop- there is no Straight Talk Express just the Merry-Go-Round. McCain no longer holds the same position on off-shore drilling, tax cuts, and the list goes on. Why? He is trying to get elected.

By November, Obama will win by a landslide. The World is watching and hoping America makes the right decision. Four more years of Bush type policies and the future generations will never recover.

July 24, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  2. 57 States

I wouldnt vote for Obama because I dont want 55% of my income going to the government..... If any of you liberals would like to argue with me feel free. i have busted my but for 30 years to get to this point and Obama wants to take all of that from me.

If by some chance he gets elected I am going to ensure my salary is lowered to 249,999. It is sad that in America you are rewarded for failure and punished for hard work

July 24, 2008 01:00 pm at 1:00 pm |
  3. doob

What are you people smoking? 4 points? The rest of the world and we in Canada would have predicted a huge landslide for the democrats. We are hoping that all of you will come out of your coma before November!
    Enough is enough already. Can't you see what's happening overseas?

July 24, 2008 01:03 pm at 1:03 pm |
  4. Barrack Obama

Hey Obama supporters, what's up with all of the excuses?

When Obama was ahead by 10, you didn't think the Polls were wrong.

Obama is going down, people are starting to see how naive and inexperienced he really is.

That is true I am Barrack Obama and come Aug-Oct to Nov the polls will go to John McCain because I am a Fake, A Rat. I flip flop on everything just to get a vote from you.

July 24, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  5. Dave, Illinois

Hey, "Frank from Canada": Mind your own business, Aye.

Your screwed up country might be socialistic enough to elect Obama. Not this country. The grownups will turn out and elect John in November.

July 24, 2008 01:06 pm at 1:06 pm |
  6. Independent-woman-4-Obama

Polls have been wrong before and will be again. I am offended by the people who just are plain mean. Is that your argument for your candidate to demean and attack Sen. Obama?

HOW ABOUT EXPLAINING HOW A REPUBLICAN CONGRESS (SINCE THE DEMS HAVE ONLY BEEN IN FOR 2 YEARS) AND A REPUBLICAN PRESIDENT RAN UP THE NATIONAL DEBT TO ....................$10 TRILLION!

OWED TO THE SAUDIS, DUBAI AND CHINA. HOW ABOUT CONSERVATIVES CAN YOU EXPLAIN AND EXCUSE AWAY THE BUSH/CHENEY/MCCAIN LEGACY?????????????????????????

July 24, 2008 01:07 pm at 1:07 pm |
  7. Brian

I don't know why the excitement over Obama losing points... if McArtifact takes office things will continue as is. Big oil and greedy peons with moral blinders on will squeal like piggies on the way to the troft. The world will be dissapointed in it's superpower and the depressed mood of the last 3-4 years will soon settle back in as everyone realizes that virtually nothing will be different. Besides that fact the president is not as mentally challenged as the last.

July 24, 2008 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  8. Ken

I heard he made the blind, see and the deaf, hear.

July 24, 2008 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  9. LatinosforMcCain

smell a Mc Rally baby..soon Mac will be up by 5% then double digits..first we will take OH, then MI, then FL then PA then NH and on and on…woooh!!! I don't know where are those polls coming from about Latinos going to OBAMA and he only 4 point ahead. Those all FALSE Polls about the Hispanic going to obama. OBAMA is going down, the latinos can smell a RATON (RAT).

Hispanic for McCain

July 24, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  10. Tommy

This doesn't make sense. I am hearing from republican's I know who are active in party politics here, that there is a national movement by many powerful republican's to get McCain to resign his nomination (due to health reasons) because they think he is going down the tubes at this point. Where is the 43% coming from? CNN seems to want to keep it close like they did between Obama and Hillary. Wasn't that close then and isn't that close now!

July 24, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  11. Denise Groves

wait until next week after he finishes his foreign tour. I say 8 to 9 points

July 24, 2008 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  12. foosayer

Obama is far the more competent campaigner. It is this clear competence that we look forward to having in the White House come 2009. McSame is the only empty suit on the podium these days. Even when adding a Gramm to the suit, it is still empty, but dirtier. McSame and his entire 'kitchen cabinet' couldn't fill Obama's suit.

Take back America from the bandits. Return it to the people.

Obama '08

July 24, 2008 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  13. Montana is Obama Country

Although it appears most of Berlin is heading to Obama's speech today, US Foreign Service personnel will be banned from the event. And they are not happy.

Typical current administration corrption

July 24, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  14. THE O

Stupid loves company, thats why bush got elected twice and now Stupid may have a resurgance this time around again. How has the republican plans been working for the American people. Not well but Stupid is raising it's ugly head once again......

BARACK THE VOTE!!!!!!!!

BARACK / SEBELIUS 08

July 24, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  15. Phil in KC

With everything that's wrong in the country and most of it attributable to the current administration, I am surprised so many people would vote to continue down that path. Are people really that racist? Or are they that stubborn? Or are they that stupid?

July 24, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  16. Erick FL

I'm one independent (who use to be a Democrat) waiting to see who his VP choice will be. How can Barack who talks about bringing people together ignore 30million people's choice for Hilary. It would be a slap in the face if he doesn't pick her.
    ...I'm waiting & I'm not the only one. If he doesn't pick her, his poll #s will only get worst.
    PUMA all the way unless she's VP. (period)

July 24, 2008 01:13 pm at 1:13 pm |
  17. Justin, Ohio

As the saying goes, "What goes up, must come down." It may happen before the election, and if it doesn't then I'm sure it will shortly after everyone sees Obama's definition of "change"

July 24, 2008 01:14 pm at 1:14 pm |
  18. Obama/Hillary 08

Obama experience will get US ahead again in the world.
    He is the man for the job; the best one. you get experience by doing a job with this say neither McCain or Obama have been president before so none of them have that experience. This nonsense that Obama has no experience need to stop because Mccain has none as well. United States of America for Barack Obama.

July 24, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  19. Peter (CA)

Bea-If voters don't see McCain as the continuation of a Bush presidency, then they have not been paying attention.

And I wouldn't get too excited about Rasmussen. There predictions have always swung more to McCain.

July 24, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  20. Clinton/McCain

CNN PLEASE STOP THE BIAS! I'M GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ALL OF THESE FLUFF STORIES ON OBAMA. GET OVER HIM ALREADY!

July 24, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  21. Joe in NJ

Don't forget that just about half of the people that voted in the Democratic primaries DID NOT vote for Obama. And no, I didn't vote for Hillary. I'm an independent and I'm extremely frustrated about my choices come November.

July 24, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  22. Ron

With all the things that are going right for Senator Obama and everything that is going wrong for Senator McCain, one has to wonder how the polls are so close. Are the America people just stupid or...wait, they elected George W. Bush twice so I guess that answers my question.

Go ahead America, give the world another term of President Bush and then wonder why everyone looks down on you. You need a new spokesperson and by the sizes of the crowds in Berlin today, I think we know who it should be.

July 24, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  23. Rocky Michigan

As long as BHO continues to oppose drilling for our own oil and prices stay high McCain will slowly overtake him. This is the real issue #1

July 24, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  24. Clinton/McCain

Carl from MI,

I also smell a landslide. McCain whipping Obama's butt! Obama should be way ahead in all polls, but he's not. McCain has a 10 point lead in Ohio according to a new poll. Plus many Hillary supporters, inluding I, will not vote for the barack star.

July 24, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  25. 57 States

I wouldnt put a mCain sticker on my car because the left wing nut jobs would scratch it. I wouldnt put a sign in my yard because the left wing nut jobs would destruct it.

Liberals still have never learned conservatives tend not to direspect you guys we just dont agree with you. Have you read the awful comments by some of the Obama supporters.

Lastly Kim Hussein Taylor (Nice name are you a man?) try driving through neighborhoods where people make over 250K a year you will not see an Obama sighn because those are the people who will be paying the bill for people like yourself looking for hand outs

July 24, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |