July 25th, 2008

McCain: I question Obama's judgment

John McCain talks to CNN's Wolf Blitzer Friday.
John McCain talks to CNN's Wolf Blitzer Friday.

DENVER, Colorado (CNN) - John McCain on Friday defended his criticism that Barack Obama would rather "lose a war in order to win a political campaign," saying that to his Democratic rival, the war in Iraq is "just another political issue."

"I am accusing, I am stating the facts. The facts are that I don't question Sen. Obama's patriotism. I'm sure that he's a very patriotic American," he said in an interview from Denver, Colorado, where is making a speech and will later meet with the Dalai Lama.

"I question his judgment because he lacks experience and knowledge, and I questioned his judgment. ... Sen. Obama just views this war as another political issue, which he can change positions,” McCain said.

McCain argued that Obama opposed the surge and doesn't “understand the importance of this victory and the consequences of failure and the benefits of success.”

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama • Iraq • John McCain
  1. ex republican

Why is the oil spill in the gulf being covered up by the media? To protect mcCANE?

July 25, 2008 04:10 pm at 4:10 pm |
  2. Kim

PLEASE CNN INVESTIGATE THE MENTAL STATUS OR RECORDS OF SEN. MCCAIN. BEING A P.O.W FOR AS LONG AS HE DID/ IF HE WAS EVER EFFECTIVELY TREATED FOR A SERIOUS CASE OF P.T.S.D.

July 25, 2008 04:11 pm at 4:11 pm |
  3. Stephanie, Maryland

Sen. McCain, since Sen. Obama has been abroad you have had an opportunity to express your goals of turning the economy, jobs, health care, fuel prices, american citizens losing their homes and the only issue you spoke of is this surge which americans and my self is sick of hearing. We have lost thousands of lives in this McCain,Bush,Cheney ,War. Wake up Mr. McCain.

July 25, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  4. Sten, CA

I take ofence to that McCain, I question your judgement and bearing.

July 25, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  5. Roz, IL

and mccain i question your sanity

July 25, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  6. Susan, CA

I agree with TX for Obama. People, get educated before the election to see whom you are voting for. Pay attention, read, watch, and listen. You need to know for what you are voting. Listen to McCain speak before you give him your vote. To buy into the excuse the Obama has no experience is just plain stupid. I ask you, what experience does sitting in a POW camp give McCain that would be valuable in running this Country today? Listen to him speak and then research his voting record to see who he has changed his views. Get educated before voting.

July 25, 2008 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  7. Unity > Anger

Funny you should mention McCain's town hall meetings – They REALLY ARE the same from one to the next – exactly. But in the one in my hometown, he called us some other city. You have got to wonder about these mistakes. There are just too many of them going on.

July 25, 2008 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |