August 5th, 2008

Hillary Clinton to campaign for Obama

Sen. Clinton will campaign for her former rival in two states this month, according to the Obama campaign.

(CNN) –
Hillary Clinton will campaign for Barack Obama on two dates in August, the Obama campaign announced Tuesday.

She will hold rallies and voter registration drives in the swing states of Nevada and Florida on August 8 and 21, respectively. Obama won’t attend Friday’s event since he is taking a planned vacation with his family - and it’s not yet clear whether he’ll be at the latter date, which falls just days before the Democratic convention in Denver.

The last time Obama and Clinton were seen together was at a New York fundraiser on July 10, when she told donors, “I’m going to do everything I can and everything I’m asked to make sure he takes the oath of office on January 20th, 2009.”

That fundraiser was one of three the pair have held since Clinton suspended her campaign in early June, and just their second public appearance together.

Obama has said on several occasions that he hopes for both Bill and Hillary Clinton’s help campaigning to win in November.

“I am proud to call [Hillary] my friend, and I know that I desperately need her and Bill Clinton involved in this campaign,” Obama said in New York.

1. The Other Jon

In reference to the maverick thread.. the only real mavericks in this election cycle are the PUMAs. They won't listen to Hillary, Obama, or McCain... Does anybody even know what they stand for? I doubt they have a cohesive message themselves beyond party-anarchy.

Well it is good for the party to try to stay united anyway.

August 5, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  2. David Goldman for OBAMA

COM ON HILLARY.

SHOW US SOME LOVE.

August 5, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  3. Love you Hillary

Please do not do it.

Obama, Michelle and his other hateful supporters disrespected and trashed you.

They do not deserve your help.

Your helping him send the WRONG message: that intra-party hatred and insults against fellow democrats are acceptable.

They swiftboated you and THAT is NOT acceptable to true democrats.

August 5, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  4. Surged OUT!

Forgive me if I puke. I can't stand her or her lying husband. She is the worse manager of a campaign and it's finances and yet the puma/pac babes wanted her to run this country. But she did promise to campaign for Barack vigorously although we have yet to see that happen. I guess I can stomach her til november but not a second after...yuck!

August 5, 2008 01:15 pm at 1:15 pm |
  5. TonyinKentucky

Great! Now let's got get 'em!

August 5, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  6. Proud American

Lets Go Dems!!!

August 5, 2008 01:16 pm at 1:16 pm |
  7. "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it." Obama 95

Yea... like the Dalai Bama has any chance of winning Florida... their votes don't matter anyway remember.

August 5, 2008 01:17 pm at 1:17 pm |
  8. Eric-PA

Just think, if FL and MI weren't penalized by the DNC, Hillary might have been our nominee. Now I have to vote for McCain.

PUMA

August 5, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  9. A Nightingale Sings in Berkley Square

Again?

August 5, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  10. But can she save him now?

This woman is amazing.

Obama sinks in the people's eyes and Hillary just rises higher.

We had our chance to elect this TRUE leader who puts country before her own ego.

Not so for Obama- he will stoop so low as to label an ex-president of his own party a racist. And he will encourage his CULT to call Hillary a Ho.

Americans KNOW who the real deal is.

Love you Hillary for trying to save Obama.

August 5, 2008 01:18 pm at 1:18 pm |
  11. MasterZ

Obama needs only one thing to secure a victory at the polls in November: Hillary as his VP.

August 5, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  12. Dr.Mimi De La Cruz for OBAMA

HILLARY, IT'S TIME TO MAKE YOUR MARK.

WE WANT TO FEEL & SEE THE FIRE.

August 5, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  13. Monica for Obama in Indiana

Thanks hillary, this is the lady and the woman of great statue that we all had loved. Come on back gracefully like the woman you are!

August 5, 2008 01:19 pm at 1:19 pm |
  14. Raul Martinez (Latinos for McCain)

The Republicans say: We have George W. Bush, Stevie Wonder, Bop Hope and Johnny Cash.
    And the Democrats say: We have Obama, no wonder, no hope and no cash !!!

August 5, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  15. keebler

about freggin time. What happen to "i'll go everything I can..." and what not.

August 5, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  16. Disappointed Democrat

I am disappointed that Clinton will be campaigning for Obama. I am sure she is being pressured to do so seeing that the lousy candidate that the DNC selected is not showing any gain over McCain. These people are using Clinton to get voters to vote for Obama but as much as I do love her I will never vote for him. I am sure they are alot of her supporters that feel the same way. Obama, the DNC and the superdelegates are all hyprocrites and I am sorry to see that she is being caught up in it. I wish it could be some other way that she could get out of this stupid campaigning for that used car salesman character.

I do not want Obama to ask her to be his VP because I want her to run in 2012 and beat him out of the presidency which she already did as the nominee but it was stolen from her.

August 5, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  17. Raul Martinez (Latinos for McCain)

OBAMA asegura……...vamos arriba en las encuestas:

Según el Diario Aminowanna de Zimbabwe (Muy Serio por cierto) dan al Candidato Demócrata Barack Obama una amplia ventaja de 10 Pts. sobre su mas cercano competidor... el Republicano, McCain. Obama considerado como peligroso para el bienestar de la Sociedad Americana.

August 5, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  18. Angel Mires

Forget it Obama, your not getting Bill. I wouldn't want to be your friend after you called me racist!

Oh yeah, by limited off-shore drilling, I suspect BHO means, leases for areas that no oil deposits exist.

Then he can keep up his same on script about oil companies no using the land they already have.

But alas, it doesn't matter what the majority of Americans think. It only matters what the 30% of Americans (we'll call them sheep) think about Obama.

Right now, the best thing McCain can do is run a McKinley-esque front porch campaign and continue to let BHO muddle through his own stances.

Afterall, if you have as much free media coverage as BHO gets, then every flaw is amplified as well as every positive. As of now, the flaws outweigh the positives as the cult-of-personality is fading.

August 5, 2008 01:20 pm at 1:20 pm |
  19. Lanette, IL

It's about time, I thought she'd be begging for money forever.

What she's really doing is campaigning for herself. She wants to grace us with another bid for the presidency in 2012. I can't wait–NOT.

Obama 08

August 5, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  20. Franky

A 911 call to order pizza! LOL!!! i could imagine...

caller: Yeah, can I order a large pizza.

911: excuse me, but we don't deliver pizzas but police officers

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh man, that was funny...

Alright Dems, do what you gotta do...

August 5, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  21. proud army and navy mom

If Hillary has a chance of campaigning and winning the next time she runs for anything, she needs to rein bill in and put on her best face possible of living up to her promises.

Otherwise, her outcome will probably be the same as it was in this democratic primary.

August 5, 2008 01:21 pm at 1:21 pm |
  22. Corey Gillingham

He's very lucky that she is willing to do this for him. Based on the latest polls he's going to NEED every bit of help he can get his hands on. If he doesnt put her on the ticket with him he's insane. BUT even with her ON the ticket Im no longer sure that he will convince America that he has what it takes even with her running the show behind the scenes which is exactly what would happen.

August 5, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  23. Taka

Desperately need the Clinton's help is perfectly correct Mr. Obama.

August 5, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  24. afrahx2

Good job Hillary. That's the way to go; do everythin in your power to make sure Democrats take over in January 2009; and its time for all Hillary supporters to get on board. that is what she wants now, oblige her. What goes round will surely come round one day.

August 5, 2008 01:22 pm at 1:22 pm |
  25. Tamera, CA

Someday she's going to need him to stump with her to get black votes. She is persona non gratis in the black community now. Take it from me, we hate her and Bill.

August 5, 2008 01:23 pm at 1:23 pm |