August 5th, 2008

Hillary Clinton to campaign for Obama

Sen. Clinton will campaign for her former rival in two states this month, according to the Obama campaign.

(CNN) –
Hillary Clinton will campaign for Barack Obama on two dates in August, the Obama campaign announced Tuesday.

She will hold rallies and voter registration drives in the swing states of Nevada and Florida on August 8 and 21, respectively. Obama won’t attend Friday’s event since he is taking a planned vacation with his family - and it’s not yet clear whether he’ll be at the latter date, which falls just days before the Democratic convention in Denver.

The last time Obama and Clinton were seen together was at a New York fundraiser on July 10, when she told donors, “I’m going to do everything I can and everything I’m asked to make sure he takes the oath of office on January 20th, 2009.”

That fundraiser was one of three the pair have held since Clinton suspended her campaign in early June, and just their second public appearance together.

Obama has said on several occasions that he hopes for both Bill and Hillary Clinton’s help campaigning to win in November.

“I am proud to call [Hillary] my friend, and I know that I desperately need her and Bill Clinton involved in this campaign,” Obama said in New York.

1. Florida Democrat

It was the last straw for me when it became clear that Obama thought he could win without Clintons 18 million supporters and decided to select someone else as his VP. I will be casting my vote for McCain in the fall because my vote is the only way to show my party that they should not take the voters in their own party for granted.

August 5, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  2. US Army 4 Obama

True example of putting your party first, and campaigning for a better America!

August 5, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  3. Hillary 08!

Do you think that Obama is Mr. Goody to Shoes, he is a politician, they are all crooks. Just some are better crooks then others. So if you think Obama is clean, you will find out.
    And by the way those who voted for Bush, four years ago wish now they didn't . It going to be the same with Obama or McCain....

I still think Hillary was the best choice.

August 5, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  4. Doug, New Jersey

Don't forget that if you vote for Obama you are supporting a man who wakes up each morning to turn on the tv or log on to an internet news site hoping that our troops have been killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. Winning the white house is more important to Obama and most liberal Democrats than the lives of those fighting for our safety. The lib will lie about McCain but they won’t tell you the truth, McCain’s own son has fought in Iraq.

I believe that most Americans are good, honest people who want to do right by everybody. Therefore all they need is the truth and the facts, and then no Democrat would ever be elected.

It is time for us decent Americans to accept the reality of what some of our fellow Americans have become. Just listen/read to what they say and watch how they treat other people, almost all Liberal Democrats are mean, nasty, hateful, dishonest people who lack common courtesy, decency, respect and the desire to do right by other people. These are the ones who file the frivolous lawsuits, cause reckless unnecessary accidents and inconveniences on the road due to their rudeness, lack of courtesy, and narcissism. Also check the murder, rape, and theft rates per person in blue counties Vs. red ones. No longer can we ignore the truth.

August 5, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  5. Dem

Please don't do it Hillary. This man is such a flip flopping liar it's pathetic. He will do and say anything to get your vote. Right up to stealing it.
    Read the article about Obama on Yahoo news about how he voted yes for Cheney's big oil tax break bill years ago. Meanwhile McCain voted against it because it gave to many tax breaks to the big oil people.
    Obama is a phoney.
    I would vote for Perot over this loser anyday.

August 5, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  6. True Party Unity

This why a long hard fought primary wasn't good for the party...... certain followers don't know how and when to admit thier person lost (PUMA). Do you hear Huckabee or Romney's followers stating what McCain owes them or have to do to get thier support...... No!

I realize Clinton is a great political friend to have, but its time to support the nominee..... fully. If you don't agree with Obama, thats fine but casting your vote for someone clearly different from the one you supported in spite is nuts. Think people think!!

August 5, 2008 02:13 pm at 2:13 pm |
  7. BRIAN

PUMA MESSAGE BOARDS ARE HILLARITY.

BARACK 2012!

August 5, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  8. Texas

Let's face it.... Hillary stirs excitement on the trail other than 200,000 germans getting together for Obama ..... he's fading out! Oh but that is what CNN is here for to give him all the coverage he needs....

He has become the same old politician – boring!

August 5, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  9. Kevin

I hope and pray that after the way you have been treated by Obama and the DNC he gives you the VP slot following all your hard work. Best of luck Hillary Rodham Clinton.

August 5, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  10. Cricket

I have yet to understand what anyone did to her that was so awful. I remember quite a lot that she did that was despicable, but I expected it.

OBAMA/BIDEN

August 5, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  11. cas

He does desperately need them! When a Democrat should be in the lead, he is barely hanging on by a thread! THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES!

Go Hillary Go! Demand that Roll Call at the convention!

August 5, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  12. Debra

Forgive me if I puke if Obama gets elected. He and his supporters are the biggest jerks I have ever seen.

August 5, 2008 02:14 pm at 2:14 pm |
  13. Patty, Big Bear, CA

Hillary no doubt still feels the sting of the way she was treated during the primaries....but because she is a true Democrat and loyal party member she will do what needs to be done to make sure bush3 doesn't win in November....that's what she's supposed to do....that's her job if she wants a future....

August 5, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  14. Brian - Trinidad

If Obama accepts her to campaign for him,then he will prove that he is the hoe,not her as he so slyly got his surrogates to characterize her.And another thing,with her standing next to him,many will realize what a lightweight he is compared to her.He should keep her away.

August 5, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  15. Tjaye in LA

Well, lets hear it from the Hateful Hillary Supporters. God!! These whiny women make me ashamed to be the same gender.

August 5, 2008 02:15 pm at 2:15 pm |
  16. gee

Do do it Hillary, this guy is a weezle to say the least. We miss you HIllary!

August 5, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  17. Tony Z- MD

Welcome back! The additional energy is needed and at the Convention just bring down the house.

August 5, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  18. ex-Republican for Obama

Glad to hear it.

August 5, 2008 02:16 pm at 2:16 pm |
  19. Debra

The first week in office, Obama will want to put Michelle on the payroll. And remodel the white house.

August 5, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  20. Karen from Charlottesville

Hillary lost my respect this year with her poorly run campaign, but a lot of women my age identify with her, so I think it's important to thank her for her support of the Democratic nominee.

August 5, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  21. Weepy

I am not a Democrat! BUT...I have admired Hillary Clinton for staying in there during the primary-despite all the ga-ga crazies jumping into Obama's "shopping cart". Hillary was shoved aside by Ted and Caroline Kennedy because Caroline stated that Obama reminded her of her father! How shallow can someone be? That one comment created a fire storm for Obama! Talk about a sad state of affairs. So, I am disappointed that Hillary would go out of her way to do anything for an absolute fraud or to appease the Dems. The Democratic Party really screwed up on this one! In fact, that party continues to send the wrong people to the plate. Have to admit, though, that Obama is the most personally likeable person of recent years. But that's all!

August 5, 2008 02:17 pm at 2:17 pm |
  22. Todd C.

Excellent! Hillary & Barack UNITE!! Let's take the White House in 08!!

August 5, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  23. Wanda Reed

To Surge OUT!

You sound like a wonderful sort of person. What gives you the right to talk about Her like that? I suppose you see the world as you see it and theres is nothing anyone can do about it. Right or wrong.........

August 5, 2008 02:18 pm at 2:18 pm |
  24. Steve

NOW is the time for the Dems to make a major push towards getting the White House back from the morons that were in it for the last couple of years and to make sure that the FOOLS that elected the worst President ever do not get another chance by election McSane to replace him with all the lies and baloney they make those that are blind and hopeless eat daily.

P.S. DOES ANYONE SERIOUSLY WANTS TO ELECT A 72 YEAR OLD MAN COLLECTION SOCIAL SECURITY AND A VERY, VERY RICH WIFE TO THE HIGEST OFFICE IN THE UNITED STATES?????? HE'S JUST TOO OLD AND OFFER NOTHING, NOT EVEN HOPE FOR A BRIGHTER FUTURE.

August 5, 2008 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |
  25. Ron L

To Love You Hillary... Could you please give some examples of the swift boating Hillary was subjected to. If I recall properly, Hillary was MUCH MORE NEGATIVE during the primary, and you have to remeber Bill said it was a CONTACT sport. So give us 3 examples of this so-called swift boating...

August 5, 2008 02:19 pm at 2:19 pm |