August 5th, 2008

Hillary Clinton to campaign for Obama

Sen. Clinton will campaign for her former rival in two states this month, according to the Obama campaign.

(CNN) –
Hillary Clinton will campaign for Barack Obama on two dates in August, the Obama campaign announced Tuesday.

She will hold rallies and voter registration drives in the swing states of Nevada and Florida on August 8 and 21, respectively. Obama won’t attend Friday’s event since he is taking a planned vacation with his family - and it’s not yet clear whether he’ll be at the latter date, which falls just days before the Democratic convention in Denver.

The last time Obama and Clinton were seen together was at a New York fundraiser on July 10, when she told donors, “I’m going to do everything I can and everything I’m asked to make sure he takes the oath of office on January 20th, 2009.”

That fundraiser was one of three the pair have held since Clinton suspended her campaign in early June, and just their second public appearance together.

Obama has said on several occasions that he hopes for both Bill and Hillary Clinton’s help campaigning to win in November.

“I am proud to call [Hillary] my friend, and I know that I desperately need her and Bill Clinton involved in this campaign,” Obama said in New York.

1. Kyle in San Diego

Great, I miss seeing her!

August 5, 2008 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  2. Anton

Interesting that Obama is taking another vacation during his campaign. Wonder how many vacations he'll take should he be elected.

August 5, 2008 01:41 pm at 1:41 pm |
  3. hip-hip

horray!

August 5, 2008 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  4. Jim

Maybe this will alleviate Obama's problem with graying hair...

Geez, this is some hard hitting reporting here.

August 5, 2008 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  5. nancy sabet

Sorry to see Hillary is being used by Hussein Obama, a fraud , lair, and constitutionaly unqualified to be POUS. I am Hillary supporter and if she is not our nominee, I will vote for McCain.

August 5, 2008 01:42 pm at 1:42 pm |
  6. IndianaMikeJones

Maybe Hillary should head to Washington and do her job.

August 5, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  7. John Hussian Karsten

Just two apperances? Wow, talk about about a woman scorned!! I thought she would be a little more helpfull, but I guess she puts her own personell agenda first before the country needs.

Que the PUMA freaks in 3..2..1....

August 5, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  8. Bob

She better! 20+ million is alot for her to not to!

August 5, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  9. Oregon here

Thank you for honoring your word. Please convince those supporters of yours to support your decision.
    Obama 08

August 5, 2008 01:43 pm at 1:43 pm |
  10. Craig, GA

Any time Hillary is involved with anything, trust me, it has nothing to do with the other person. It is all about her and her selfish husband, who by the way is still sulking.

Why is he sulking? Because the gig is up. We realize what a skank he is, and he's not fooling anyone. He trashed his legacy so his wife could win the presidency. The odd thing about it is, she was winning before he started trashing black people. She was winning.

So if he's sitting at home with egg on his face, so be it. He's a moron. For 15 minutes of trash talk he lost his legacy which will go in the history books forever. And Hillary still lost. Go figure.

August 5, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  11. Coastal Paradise

Simple math;

Obama + Hillary = automatic win!

Obama – Hillary = automatic loss!

August 5, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  12. deroy

has she paid back the US Treasury for all the days she did not show up for work?

August 5, 2008 01:44 pm at 1:44 pm |
  13. janet

Obama is right he does need Hillary and Bill Clinton and if he was smart ( and i don't think he is) he would pick her for his VP,

August 5, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  14. Gabriel, MO

This is America, Bill has a right to be a racist. Just don't come crying to the black community fjor absolution because your legacy has been tarnished. You can't have it both ways.

O/08

August 5, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  15. Clinton Supporter

I guess she has to do this to "pay her dues" for nearly crushing this creep, or the Dems won't like her anymore. Well, I hope Bill Clinton doesn't walk across a street for this racist conniving charleton.

How I want Obama to lose this race – there are no words for it. I can wait four years for a real candidate if I have to. So can everyone else. You'll have to anyway, because this guy will get nothing done.

August 5, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  16. Renee

It's cute how they coordinated their outfits in the photo accompanying this article. Now who is getting desperate? Given Bill Clinton's current remarks about Obama's readiness to become President, I find this highly ironic. Obama realizes he's got to kiss the Clintons' butts, even though they despise him. Politics as usual. Anything to get elected.

August 5, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  17. Ron L

Hillary, and Bill "HAVE" to show support for Obama or they will prove what many have said about them. IT"S ALL ABOUT THEM!!
    I AM one of those people who feel they (the Clintons) have gotten a little full of themselves over the years. In the next 2 months we will find out just how gracious they can be AFTER losing. ..
    IT WILL BE INTERESTING....

August 5, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  18. mona

as much as i hate to admit it.... just pick her obama just pic her!!!! i am not fawn of her at all but just pick her! LOL

August 5, 2008 01:46 pm at 1:46 pm |
  19. Marie Canada

Good for Hillary she will be a great help and her policies and positions are almost identical with Obama's so the U.S. will be the big winner in November.

August 5, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  20. Michael Angelucci

Wake up Obama! Hillary is needed on the ticket to help ensure a Democratic victory in November!

August 5, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  21. Maura, IN

LOL, so Bill and Hill are regulated to the senior circuit or the NASCAR circuit. I guess that's a good thing.

August 5, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  22. BV

Way to go Hillary. You support the party and what you believe in and that's way more than we can say for some of your followers. Hats off to you Senator Clinton!!!

August 5, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  23. Linda in Indiana

I am glad to see Hillary campaigning again for Obama. Maybe, now all those Hillary haters, will just shut up! All their complaining just makes a person dislike Obama and his fans even more. If you notice on the blogs, the most negative statements are from Obama supporters. I don't think they are the hard-line, true-blue, democrats of this country.
    From a 40 year loyal Democrat!

August 5, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  24. Tina

I think Clinton's A list of celebs will be Barbara Streisand, and....

Not sure who else.

August 5, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  25. Rendezvous

Hillary, as much as I want you to be the president, I will never ( Never, ever) will vote for Obama ( even if you are the running mate). I truly hope I see as our president one day..

Will love to vote McCain "now"
    Wishing the best for you, Hillary.. God Bless America.

August 5, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |