August 5th, 2008

Hillary Clinton to campaign for Obama

Sen. Clinton will campaign for her former rival in two states this month, according to the Obama campaign.

(CNN) –
Hillary Clinton will campaign for Barack Obama on two dates in August, the Obama campaign announced Tuesday.

She will hold rallies and voter registration drives in the swing states of Nevada and Florida on August 8 and 21, respectively. Obama won’t attend Friday’s event since he is taking a planned vacation with his family - and it’s not yet clear whether he’ll be at the latter date, which falls just days before the Democratic convention in Denver.

The last time Obama and Clinton were seen together was at a New York fundraiser on July 10, when she told donors, “I’m going to do everything I can and everything I’m asked to make sure he takes the oath of office on January 20th, 2009.”

That fundraiser was one of three the pair have held since Clinton suspended her campaign in early June, and just their second public appearance together.

Obama has said on several occasions that he hopes for both Bill and Hillary Clinton’s help campaigning to win in November.

“I am proud to call [Hillary] my friend, and I know that I desperately need her and Bill Clinton involved in this campaign,” Obama said in New York.

1. nate

If its in print it must be true right? The lies that fill these posts everyday only influence the ignorant. Dems and Reps both need to come together in their own parties and may the best team win. Will it take another 9-11 to unite us Americans again?

August 5, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  2. Let it go.

Lets build a bridge and get over the Primary election. We need a Dem. in the White House–our country can't take anymore of the same.

August 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  3. Johnboy

Maybe she will run Obama's campaign into millions of dollars of debt. Then, after Obama loses, she can cry for her supporters to bail them out of that one to.

August 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  4. Steve

Hey "Love you Hillary" do you even know what "Swiftboating" is? Do you know what a 527 is?

The Democratic primary was hard fought. Hillary lost fair and square. Both she and Barack went bare knuckles on a few things. Neither candidate is without some responsibility when it came to the hard language that was used. It's about time we stop this, "Obama beat up the defenseless little girl" crap. Hillary is a lioness, and is not adverse to using any tactic at hand to win. You can't be a national politician without having a thick skin, and sharp teeth.

You PUMAs and "feminists" can throw all the tantrums you want. It's Obama's game now, and anyone with even marginal intelligence knows that the game is now about pushing the Republicans out of office. If you throw a tantrum and vote for McCain, or write in Hillary, or don't vote at all, you can expect the life you're living now to get worse.
    Grow up and do the right thing. Hillary is doing the right thing. Follow her lead.

August 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  5. The Nightingale Sings in Berkley Square

This is old news

Obama has a funny name, doesn't look like us, and is quite risky. I received an email today saying he has only been in the Senate some 150 days or less.

It is always about Obama - Moi, moi et moi

August 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  6. Jeff

It’s unfortunate that Senator Clinton feels she must campaign for Mr. Ego in a Suit. I have been a Democrat for 30 years and cannot find it in my conscience to support Obama. He is running on nothing but arrogance and rhetoric. The White House is no place for training wheels. We should have learned something from G.W. Bush, but it seems as if we didn’t. Obama is the same kind of candidate in a different package.

August 5, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  7. Michael

Obama is an hypocrite.

August 5, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  8. paul oregon

just to bad the clintons dont just go away. they have no intendion in helping sen obama. i think the dem. partyneeds to show the clintons where the door is . i believe they are trying to split the dem. pary and cause the dem. to lose the election. the more they claim not to be
    raceist the mor they are.

August 5, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  9. Help?

She should help Obama and his supporters all right, help them right off the cliff. Those nasty people are still trashing her and Bill. What creeps. Hillary, you are dealing with jerks who do not want you or your help – let him go down the toilet where he belongs.

August 5, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  10. Mike

Get out there and screech for Barry. I'm sure that will help him.

August 5, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  11. Obamalism

Nice deal. Campaign for me and we'll help get you out of debt.

Anything she says in support of the Messiah is as hollow as you can get.

August 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  12. Bulldog

McCain = Bush/Cheney

August 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  13. texas DEM

Hillary should not do anything for Obama.

New York Senator Hillary Clinton for President 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  14. Sue in Florida

Whatever! I don't think it makes a difference at this point one way or
    the other. With no VP nomination, some will vote Republican by choice
    and even Hillary can not change their minds. I'll stay with "being a
    Democrat" and fear with many others that Obama will be a huge
    disappointment. If I'm wrong, then I will admit it. His lack of experience
    and over zealous worshipers frghten me.....however, not enough to
    vote Repug.

August 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  15. Robert NYC & Miami

Hillary DO NOT DO IT. AND IF ASKED, DON'T ACCEPT VICE PREZ.

LET OBAMA SINK ON HIS OWN.

. . . and to Surged OUT!:

I can't wait to see the defeat of Obo and his cult come November.

THIRD BUSH TERM COME NOVEMBER – THANK YOU DEMOCRATS FOR ELECTING "THE DREAMER WILL LOOSE CANDIDATE."

August 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  16. Tony, Miami

This is one of the reason I am a democrat. By contrast Mcfail do not want President Bush (from whom he accepted the endorsement and fundraisings) and VP Cheney at the convention. The Republican Party look like a family in disarray

August 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  17. D. Cheeks (age 86)

I would reaslly like to see an Obam/Clinton ticket
    I think it is time we go after what this country needs a CHANGE

August 5, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  18. Debby

Oh yuk Hillary don't waste your time.

August 5, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  19. Troy

My Friends, here are a few reasons why we should not vote Obama into the white house, these are facts...look what happen when we let them play basketball, look what happen when we made them play baseball, look what happen when we made them play football, look what happen when we made him play golf, look what happen we made them become coaches,NBA,MLB,NFL... look how many gold metals our former slaves will bring home to our country from Beijing this summer. Now i see why his campaign is called CHANGE

August 5, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  20. Sacto Joe

BEWARE!!!
    A lot of NEOCONS posing as Clinton or Obama supporters are posting hate mail. They're trying to drive a wedge between us!
    RESIST THE NEOCON HATE MACHINE!

The ENERGY crisis is being purposefully confused with the GAS PRICE crisis. The two are only related in that the failure of the Bush administration to address the ENERGY crisis created the GAS PRICE crisis.
    Solving the immediate problem of high gas prices is simple: SLOW DOWN!!!
    I pumped up my tires, and slowed to 55 mph. I now go 50% farther on a tank of gas.
    WE NEED THE 55 MPH SPEED LIMIT BACK!
    THIS IS A NO-BRAINER!!!

August 5, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  21. Sara

That's great. Perhaps the REAL Hillary supporters will see the light and support her by voting for Obama. I don't believe he is going to forget about her once he becomes our president.

August 5, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  22. Len in Washington

Defeating McCain and as many Republicans as possible is the goal here folks. It's going to take party unity to accomplish that. I DON'T want four more years of the Bush policies so... Thanks Mrs. Clinton for your help.

August 5, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  23. Ann

Obama should be doing better in the polls but he is not. It looks like he needs Hilary for the fall election...not only to campaign for him but to be on the ticket as well. Hilary needs to VP nominee.

August 5, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  24. norml

whatever it takes.

August 5, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  25. JimS.

Get used to it, Surged OUT! Hillary will be back in an Obama administration, whether you like it or not.

If Barak values Hillary enough to say " I know that I desperately need her and Bill Clinton involved in this campaign", perhaps you and all those other Clinton-haters might need to get past your irrational, juvenile hatred and take a closer look at what Obama sees that you don't?

August 5, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |