August 5th, 2008

Hillary Clinton to campaign for Obama

Sen. Clinton will campaign for her former rival in two states this month, according to the Obama campaign.

(CNN) –
Hillary Clinton will campaign for Barack Obama on two dates in August, the Obama campaign announced Tuesday.

She will hold rallies and voter registration drives in the swing states of Nevada and Florida on August 8 and 21, respectively. Obama won’t attend Friday’s event since he is taking a planned vacation with his family - and it’s not yet clear whether he’ll be at the latter date, which falls just days before the Democratic convention in Denver.

The last time Obama and Clinton were seen together was at a New York fundraiser on July 10, when she told donors, “I’m going to do everything I can and everything I’m asked to make sure he takes the oath of office on January 20th, 2009.”

That fundraiser was one of three the pair have held since Clinton suspended her campaign in early June, and just their second public appearance together.

Obama has said on several occasions that he hopes for both Bill and Hillary Clinton’s help campaigning to win in November.

“I am proud to call [Hillary] my friend, and I know that I desperately need her and Bill Clinton involved in this campaign,” Obama said in New York.

1. DEBBY, NJ

Welcome Back Senator Clinton.
    BARACK THE VOTE !!!!

August 5, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  2. me

You obama idiots make me sick. I can't believe Hillary would even consider this, but it just confirms that the democratic party has become nothing but a wasted effort for anyone with any sense. Go have fun in your liberal warrens, stroking each others egos while other more qualified people run the country.

August 5, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  3. The Truth

this is all about campaign debt relief

August 5, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  4. UNITY

If you believe these PUMAs are really Democrats, then you would be very vulnerable. These are Republican posters – never planning to vote Democratic.

August 5, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  5. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Hi Jack,

very good news. This country owes itself this type of respect to a man and a woman who has help the country see better days and continue to help at home and abroad...and most importantly, every generation has to learn and come together by not putting down another generation. I do not understand how people the same age as McCain can tolerate his attitude of treating a 47 year old man a young man with his smirky smile... he is so condescending I can only imagine how he must bring younger generations to believe in themselves and in the supposedly American Dream!

August 5, 2008 02:01 pm at 2:01 pm |
  6. The convention awaits you

Stand up and bring it to the Convention.

The empry-suit doesn't have the nomination locked yet.

August 5, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  7. Veridico

I wish she would stay away from him as he doesn't deserve her help at all; Everybody still remembers how he treated her, especially when he snubbed her during the State of the Union address.
    By the way, why is CNN not reporting his sleazy tactic of wanting to give FL/MI delegates 100% voting right, now that he's the presumptive nominee? He was dead set against it, remember?

August 5, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  8. Allan

Don't do it. They play race card. They Bill is racist. Look like anybody who against Obama is racist. I vote for HRC but never for Obana.

August 5, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  9. fella from Chicago

I feel sooooo bad for this lady. Because of the Florida and Michigan fiasco she lost the Primary, and now she's asked to speak on behalf of this clown who she knows isn't qualified to run for the Presidency. All the while her husband is sitting at home stewing, because he knows Obama threw the race card unfairly into his wife's campaign. Now Obama doesn't even want the lady who had 18 million people vote for her in the primaries as his VP. He's a snake Hillary and that's why his poll numbers have plunged 10 points over the last week putting him into a tie with Senator McCain. America is finding out each day more and more what a louse he is. Vengence will be yours come November.

August 5, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  10. Don

"However, Obama himself voted for a 2005 energy bill backed by Bush that included billions in subsidies for oil and natural gas production, a measure Cheney played a major role in developing. McCain opposed the bill on grounds it included billions in unnecessary tax breaks for the oil industry".

This is from Yahoo on how Obama is trying so hard to link McCain to oil companies and he voted for this bill. I wonder what his supporters would say about this. He almost crucified Hillary for her Iraq vote maybe the American people should blame him for high gas prices. Seems fair to me.

August 5, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  11. Robert

Hillary gave as good as she got. And when she ranked Obama below McCain, said all he had was a speech, she stepped way over the line and, speaking personally here, lost my respect and my vote. Political contests have winners and losers, and Hillary came up short. Stop acting as if this is some rending of the fundamental order of things, some contradiction of all that is right in the cosmos. It happens. Grow … the … hell … up.

August 5, 2008 02:02 pm at 2:02 pm |
  12. Angel

Obama/Clinton 08' DEMS UNITE!!! He needs her. AMERICA NEEDS THE CLINTONS BACK IN THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 5, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  13. stacy

We need Hillary more than we need Obama.

August 5, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  14. 55 yr. old Hispanic Female from Dallas

Hope someone from Obama's camp is watching her closely during these two events. I have never liked this pretentious woman and I feel even more disgust for her after the way she back-stabbed Obama during her failed campaign. This woman cannot be trusted to do anything positive for Obama. She is only concerned for her own personal political welfare. She desperately wants to be in the White House and not as VP! She & her husband (and he "owes" her big time for making a complete fool of her) will do ANYTHING for their own personal agenda. We just heard Bill's interview yesterday and he is not a happy camper! He still can't believe they lost. What a enormous ego the Clinton's have! Obama should NOT trust either one of them. They still feel they are "owed" as if they were born into royalty...wrong country...they are a scary couple .

August 5, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  15. Moderate Democrat, New York

I would like to really know this, so please people do not beat me up for what I am about to ask: Did Hillary suspend her campaign or did she officially concede and withdraw her campaign?

August 5, 2008 02:03 pm at 2:03 pm |
  16. Diane Dagenais Turbide

Hi Jack,

my english may play tricks on me!...the smirky smile is from McCain of course!:)

Very good news. This country owes itself this type of respect to a man and a woman who has help the country see better days and continue to help at home and abroad…and most importantly, every generation has to learn and come together by not putting down another generation. I do not understand how people the same age as McCain can tolerate his attitude of treating a 47 year old man a young man with his smirky smile… he is so condescending I can only imagine how he must bring younger generations to believe in themselves and in the supposedly American Dream!

Diane Dagenais Turbide
    Quebec, Canada

August 5, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  17. Que Quedas

Love you Hillary........quit it she is not gonna justify your madness......the only person you love is yourself.......it is your feelings that are hurt she has been over it........so get over it

August 5, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  18. Damon

It's really the only move she has left if she wants to remain in politics as a viable Democrat. It goes a long way toward overcoming her childish behavior during the primary election. I'll even consider donating to her campaign payoff if Obama wins. Good job.

August 5, 2008 02:04 pm at 2:04 pm |
  19. Puff

Kick him to the curb Hillary, we will not blame you. We will help with the kicks!

August 5, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  20. wrob from GA

Thanks for the support, Hil. We have big problems and it's going to take all of us to solve them.

August 5, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  21. Caryl - Connecticut

Go on Vacation ! HILLARY can handle EVERYTHING.

GO HILLARY – GO TO FLORIDA WHERE YOU MADE GREAT STRIDES – GO FOR THE WOMEN – GO FOR OUR VOTE

August 5, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  22. Mark from Naperville, IL

You can't argue that the Clintons have a powerful political machine, but Obama has run a campaign that will go down in history. When McCain can't buy an audience these days, Obama has brought a group together that will make this world a better place in which to live.

August 5, 2008 02:05 pm at 2:05 pm |
  23. Jan

Boy, are the Dems showing their true colors They have all called the Clintons every name in the book except the "N" word. Now that they need her, she is "a friend".. I will never vote democrat again after this fiasco. Get Brazille and Pelosi to help you, Obama–they have only been trashed by your blog supporters, not the entire media AND your supporters like the Clintons. Go away whiners and fill up your tires or something.

August 5, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  24. Hillary Clinton Supporter

I wish she wouldn't since Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, and their supporters spent the primary trashing her and her husband's legacy.She realizes her future success depends on it. We appreciate the effort, but we will not vote for Obama. I have been contributing to the McCain campaign, and i will support him in November. Sorry, Hillary, I cannot support the Democratic nominee. I will, however, continue to support both you and your husband in your future endeavors. For all the haters on the blog, I have sent contributions to pay back her debt on multiple occasions, I am college educated, and I am a white woman married to a black man. I practice what I preach, I am not ignorant, and I am not a racist. i simply vote for the most qualified candidate.

August 5, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |
  25. Heather Seattle, Wa

Perhaps Hillary can call John McCain and inform him that making jokes about signing Cindy up for a topless beauty pageant in Sturgis is highly offensive to women, family values voters, and a few men, too. Maybe he will listen to Hillary. Unless he thinks she's just a c-word and a trollop, too, like he does his own wife. Seems to be a pattern with him.

August 5, 2008 02:06 pm at 2:06 pm |