August 6th, 2008

Clinton: I have ‘no inside information’ on VP process

Sen. Clinton will campaign for her former rival in two states this month, according to the Obama campaign.

(CNN) – Senator Hillary Clinton spent Thursday in New York on Senate business, but she couldn’t escape questions about the vice presidential search.

The prospect of Clinton joining the ticket remains the subject of much speculation, as even as some believe her odds of being chosen may have diminished in recent weeks. Reacting to reporters her name may not top Obama's VP list, Clinton told reporters “I’ve consistently said I’m very happy being a senator for New York. I love my work. I love representing the people of New York.”

“[T]his is a very personal decision for Senator Obama and I have no inside information as to how he is proceeding with his decision,” she added. “I'm out there supporting him, doing everything I can to make sure he gets elected and I will do same for whatever ticket there is.”

Asked if she would accept the job if it were offered to her, Clinton did not rule out the possibility. “I will do whatever I can or whatever I’m asked,” she said, “but I’m happy doing what I’m doing.”

Clinton was in Yonkers, New York for a family and caregivers event.

Related: 'Yell and scream,' then back Obama, Clinton tells supporters

1. Concerned in Alabama

To all of you who want Hillary on the ticket....do your homework and really find out why Obama doesn't need her on the ticket. The Republicans are praying that Hillary would be on the ticket. If the Republicans are praying for that, then you know something is wrong.

Oh, and by the way, he doesn't need her...WIN OR LOSE!

August 6, 2008 10:06 pm at 10:06 pm |
  2. Rick Pons

Obama will lose if Hillary is not on the ticket, its the only way I will vote for him.

August 6, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  3. Patrick

No Clinton VP = McCain 08

PUMA

August 6, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  4. Jason

I'm Anti-Puma.. A Vote for McCain = A Vote for WW3 ... No 2 ways about it. If you like war Dems vote for McCain.. You will get what you want.. 30-50 years without another Dem in the White House!! IF ANY Dem wants to vote Republican't then stay on the dark side and never come back!!!

Anti-Pumas UNITE for true unity!!

August 6, 2008 10:24 pm at 10:24 pm |
  5. Gustavo Lozada

If Barak Obama were to ignore the 18 million voters who support (present tense) Clinton, and who want her to be the VP candidate, why should one believe he won't ignore the rest of us IF he were President? Arrogance and failure to listen to the populace are bad attributes in a leader, whether truly worthy of the title or self-proclaimed.

August 6, 2008 10:26 pm at 10:26 pm |
  6. Fani

News flash Clinton – The people of NY don't like being represented by you anymore.

We're counting your last days for a good riddance from the phony Clintons. Your true colors came out this primary season. We're not kids. We can see how phony you really are. Go away.

August 6, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  7. Big D from Big D

It never ceases to amaze me that there are people out there that think Clinton was destructive to Obama and the party during the primary.

Hillary Clinton has devoted herself to serving this country. She has broad reaching appeal and tremendous support within the rank and file of the Democratic Party.

If you don't like her policy positions then you must really be a Republican at heart. If you don’t like her as a person then it's quite simple.... you don’t know her so any judgment is out of ignorance.

I was truly inspired by her candidacy and the prospects of voting for her for president. It’s been a long time since I was inspired by a democratic candidate. I am a democrat and will most likely hold my nose and vote democratic this year... with a thought of what might have been

August 6, 2008 10:27 pm at 10:27 pm |
  8. Big D from Big D

I was truly inspired by her candidacy and the prospects of voting for her for president. It’s been a long time since I was inspired by a democratic candidate. I am a democrat and will most likely hold my nose and vote democratic again this year... with a thought of what might have been

August 6, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  9. j gannon

She is still trying to undermine his campaign.......happy she will never be a president of anything! Time for Hill and Bill to stop whining, getting to believe they really do have delusions of grandeur!

August 6, 2008 10:28 pm at 10:28 pm |
  10. Franky

You know, I feel bad for Hillary. Why?? Because in the end, she could either be blamed or not, even if she's not responsible for it. Is one thing when you leave with dignity and respect while at the same time perception is reality. She can't control them and you know what? If she even said something, her supporters won't believe her, I know they won't. They start believing that she wasn't like that before, she's a good person and mom, she respects people, etc. The sad part is Hillary is a good mom and person, even though her supporters don't even talk about it...

August 6, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  11. CAW in MD

"If Obama waits too long... even Hillary will not be able to convince her supporters to go along with the ticket."

If Hillary had this kind of power, there wouldn't be an issue. She has said several times, publicly (look it up) that it is more important to elect a Democrat to the presidency, and that if her followers were thinking about voting for McCain, she couldn't disagree more with that decision.

If that's not enough to sway Hillary "supporters", then they can't be swayed, no matter if Hillary gets tapped now or not.

The totally funny part is - if Hillary's supporters want her to be a productive part of an Obama administration, then they need to get on board. If she can't bring her supporters to the ticket, what could she possibly offer an Obama administration?

August 6, 2008 10:29 pm at 10:29 pm |
  12. Used2bdemocrat

This poll hits the nail right on the head; obama has been give to much love and adulation by the main stream media. They have saturated the airwaves with obamamania. Like with anything else the people will finally wise up to the charade that his campaign has ran. If the main stream media wanted credibility they would ask more questions about his background and not continuously cover it up as they have done. There is only one question in my mind, and it is not about obama. The question to me is who are all these dumb, guilt ridden whites that will vote for someone who I would think does not represent who they are? Don't they realize that this fraud called obama does not have their interest at heart? Don't they realize that if he is elected he will become the black president, one with socialist marxist ideology? Do they understand that there is grave danger in electing obama POTUS? Where did these idiots come from? They evidently have no clue to American history, or they would never be on here posting for him. They have no clue as to who obama is, just like the rest of America. As obama said, "I sat in that black racist church for over 20 years and never heard such rhetoric. rev wright, is my mentor." His judgement looks pretty failed to me. If you have the courage please tell me why does this not matter to you? Do you have any reasoning abilities, from what I see here I doubt it.

Used2bdemocrat

August 6, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  13. I LOVE & MISS YOU HILL

PLEASE RUN AS AN INDEPENDENT IN 2012. THE PARTY IS SPLIT IN HALF ANYWAY. THE HATEFUL OBAMA IDIOTS WILL BLAME YOU IF HE LOSES (WHICH IS LIKELY THE WAY THINGS LOOK) THEREFORE, GET BACK RIGHT TO WORK AFTER THE CONVENTION TO RUN IN 2012 AS AN INDEPENDENT. YOU STAND A BIG FAT CHANCE IN A 3 WAY RACE. BARACK PLAYED THE RACE CARD ON YOU & YOUR HUSBAND. THOSE WOUNDS WILL NEVER HEAL. SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR CIVIL RIGHTS WORK UH UH??? YOU CAN WIN WITHOUT THE BLACK VOTE!! PLEAAASEEE PLEAAASE RUN AS AN INDEPENDENT. THERE ARE SO MANY OF US BEHIND YOU

August 6, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  14. jack

I would rather see Bush as Obama's VP than Hillary. We need to push the Clintons out of the Democratic Party. The sooner we get rid of politicians like her and Bill the better off this party will be.

As for the "Pumas", I hope the Denver police have the guts to turn the water cannons on that group of protesters. Get over it ladies. Your choice for President was the wrong person at the wrong time. I say pick a better canidate than Hillary next time and you will stand a chance to win. We don't need more evil in the Oval Office.

August 6, 2008 10:35 pm at 10:35 pm |
  15. God Bless America

Please ask your 18 million supporters to march to their bank accounts and pay off your debt.

August 6, 2008 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  16. Alice in Florida

HILLARY – DON'T CAMPAIGN FOR THAT RACE-CARD PLAYING LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even YOU can't make me vote for an empty flip-flopping suit with very questionable connections who throws EVERYONE under the bus when it suits him politically

There's no more room under the bus now that big-butt Michelle has to be kept hidden due to her even bigger than her huge butt mouth – guess "Charm School" didn't work out :)

You have my vote in 2012 – LET OBAMA LOSE BY HIMSELF – he's such a natural at it.......!

August 6, 2008 10:36 pm at 10:36 pm |
  17. Dayahka

Bill Clinton is all about Bill Clinton. Hillary Clinton is all about Hillary Clinton. Typical self-centered egomaniacs. And envious. And bitter. And vengeful. Hillary will say whatever she feels will stab Obama in the back without actually recommending that action.

August 6, 2008 10:37 pm at 10:37 pm |
  18. Sally

Why would she accept the VP job – she will be nominated by her party as she is the ONLY one who can win for the Dems. Obama's days are over, he's all talk and no action – Hillary offers a true alternative with her healthcare policies etc. The Dems KNOW they made a huge mistake and it's time to make it right. She WILL be the next President, if anyone has any common sense. He may be black, he may be thin, he may seem cool, but that's about it – he has NO substance, and Americans are tired of him – talk about over exposure.

August 6, 2008 10:39 pm at 10:39 pm |
  19. Sue in MI

Sherry,
    I don't think that, truthfully, you can blame everything on Clinton. She was not treated fairly; she was bullied by the guys in the early debates, and when she (1) stood up for herself, or (2) behaved like the woman she is, she was lambasted by the press and eventually, other Democrats. She is far and away the smartest, most reasonable, most experienced person still in the campaign, and if he does not put her on the ticket, I'm afraid that Obama may lose. He is making some dumb comments, changing his mind often, and looking foolish (and that's compared to the doofus on the other side!) He definitely needs her counsel, her wisdom, and her experience in dealing with the Republicans and the press.
    Obama/Clinton '08

August 6, 2008 10:45 pm at 10:45 pm |
  20. Tony Carter..SC

Obama's thunder seems to be fadeing fast,I have been a proud democrat my whole life,but I did not vote for Obama.I voted for Hillary Clinton,and I honestly can not bring myself to vote for Him, unless Clinton is on the ticket, and I'm definately not voting for another republican idiot to ruin my kids future anymore than they already have.So it's Obama/Clinton,or I'm not voteing at all.

August 6, 2008 10:47 pm at 10:47 pm |
  21. B J

DNC should make up its mind to win election and to do so ,the only way out is that "Hillary Clinton is the " V P " candidate.

August 6, 2008 10:50 pm at 10:50 pm |
  22. Timber (ex dem)

So glad they are going to march in Denver! The DNC cannot be allowed to get away with what they did. They made up their owns rules as they went along and shoved Obama down our throats. I think they made a big mistake and the dems will lose as a result. We know who to blame in November.

August 6, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  23. Clinton Supporter

And New York loves you, Hillary. For starters, unlike a lot of senators in other states, you and Schumer actually SHOW UP, and you don't think that "Upstate New York" is Westchester!

You've helped New Yorkers so much, and in your role as Senator there is absolutely nothing you, or Schumer for that matter, can do about the state government's incurable penchant for overspending.

If we can't have you as President this time, we are thrilled and proud to have you as the Junior Senator from New York!

We also love and admire Charles Schumer. We know him, and better yet, he knows us. No state has a better team representing them.

August 6, 2008 10:56 pm at 10:56 pm |
  24. Bill

Thanks "God" I thought I was the only voter going crazy I am sick of hearing or seeing Senator Obama. Senator Obama ego is so big now that the only thing he has done is to ensure that he will not win in Novemeber 2008. Who is to blame for this the Dems Super Delegates. Remember Senator Obama was only put over the top by the Super Delegates. Now when he looses the Super Delegates will have nobody to blame but their own vote for Senator Obama over Senator Clinton. This will mean another four hard years for the American worker.

August 6, 2008 10:58 pm at 10:58 pm |
  25. Tim from Ohio

If Hillary is NOT on the ticket I will NOT vote for Nobama. He is a wrecking ball in motion, my friends. What a waste of a nominee.

Without Hillary, my vote goes to McCain!!!

August 6, 2008 11:01 pm at 11:01 pm |