August 6th, 2008

Obama got hit in the head?

CNN

Watch Obama explain to a seven year old why he is running for President.

(CNN) –- What made Barack Obama decide to run for president? A rock to the head?

Well, not really. But when asked by a seven-year-old girl at an Indiana town hall why he decided to run for President of The United States he kidded that in fact was the reason.

“I got hit in the head with a rock,” Obama said with a chuckle. “And when I woke up I had made my announcement, and then it was too late”

The presumptive Democratic nominee went on to explain he was only joking.

“I am running for president because I’ve got two daughters just like you,” he said.

Watch what Obama said Wednesday morning in Indiana.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Manual Typewriters Are Back In

Dear "Obama" poster:

Get a grip, McCain is sorry that Obama is running. Obama and Obama supporters are elated.

August 6, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  2. Jeff

Obama the people's president. Soon everyone will be required to have a gold framed picture of him hanging over their chesterfield.

August 6, 2008 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  3. FlaLady

Wow! That explains everything!

August 6, 2008 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  4. Jeff

Obama is so full of crap. Look as his history and how carefully he has orchestrated his image. He has planned for this for a long while. But when you really look at his career, he has had no major legislative accomplishments, he has written books that really have no value except for being self-serving vehicles to boost his name recognition. Really, the man is running on arrogance and rhetoric and nothing else. I am a lifelone democrat who will be staying home in November. Obama is the G.W. Bush of the Democratic party. Apparently we havent learned.

August 6, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  5. A Nightingale Sings in Berkley Square

I've been hit in the head with a rock, that explains some of my pro-McCain comments.

August 6, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  6. Tina - Sacramento, CA

Lisa, I see that you are back...You are a mess....your so negative its funny to now, at first I thought do not be upset.

But your racism is so clear it is now FUNNY.......because you are showing how ignorant you are.

August 6, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  7. TonyinKentucky

The love of ignorance shows again.

Bashing someone that takes the initiative to work for a more perfect union for his children and all children.

Meanwhile, it's clear that McCain is running to have a last ditch effort to live up to the stature of his father and grandfather.

August 6, 2008 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  8. Frank

It's too bad that you are only a Democrat controlled puppet. You should move over to the Republican side and work for the American people! This is how Democrats corrupt power...those Democrats pulling all the switches for you behind the curtain will end up controlling you because you have zero political experience.

August 6, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  9. Barack Uda

We've all been hit with Iraq, in the head, the gut, the eye...

August 6, 2008 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  10. ran

I can't understand how anyone could not vote for OBAMA . He can and will bring us together some like PUMAS and republicans screaming and kicking but together like our founding fathers invision this country to be. WE CAN BE A COUNTRY THAT HELPS EACH OTHER. NOW IS THE TIME. CITIZENS VOTE FOR OBAMA .

August 6, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  11. checkthisout

He got hit with a rock.

AND NOW HE IS SICK IN THE HEAD.

The little girl will understand that to get any Democrat to run in any Election you need to hit them with a rock ( not a stone, but a rock ) in the head.

UNTIL THEY FIND THE TIRE PRESSURE GAGE INSPIRING.

August 6, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  12. Sylvia

That rock must have been thrown by the republicans. If it was me, I would run too. LOL.

August 6, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  13. TerryDo--PumaPac-40+

WOW, OBAMA GOT A CALLING .

I WONDER IF HE WILL BUILD HIS CHURCH UPON THAT ROCK?

August 6, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  14. paulie_nj

Did anyone see the news footage of Obama back in 2004 stating that he was not experienced enough to run for President in 2008? Guess he doubts himself.

August 6, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |