August 6th, 2008

Paris Hilton fires back at McCain's "Celeb" ad

CNN

Watch Paris Hilton’s message for McCain

(CNN) - Paris Hilton has fired back in response to presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain's "Celeb" ad comparing the 27-year-old heiress to Barack Obama.

The less-than-two-minute spot was paid for by the comedy video Web site, funnyordie.com. It features Hilton sprawling in a lounge chair in a swimsuit. The socialite mocks McCain's ad, saying, "I want America to know that I'm, like, totally ready to lead."

What are Hilton's thoughts on energy policy? She says her position is a "hybrid" of Obama and McCain's. "Energy crisis solved," the heiress declares.

Related: How did Paris Hilton's response come about?

Hilton, who's built a career out of being a celebrity, also reveals her pick for vice president and plans while in office. "I'm thinking Rihanna. I'll see you at the White House. Oh, and I might paint it pink. I hope that's cool with you guys," she says.

"I'm Paris Hilton and I approve this message because I think it's totally hot."

The McCain camp responded to Hilton's ad Tuesday. "It sounds like Paris Hilton supports John McCain's 'all of the above' approach to America's energy crisis – including both alternatives and drilling. Paris Hilton might not be as big a celebrity as Barack Obama, but she obviously has a better energy plan," says McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds.

1. Independent

I can't believe that the Mcwhatever campaign responded to her ad!!!

August 6, 2008 08:51 am at 8:51 am |
  2. Jan Illinois

We get this on Paris, nothing on John Edwards, and nothing about BObamas birth certificate being legitimate or not?

August 6, 2008 08:52 am at 8:52 am |
  3. char19145

This campaing is becoming, no, scratch that, has become ONE big joke. Two nominees, who I wouldn't trust to cross the street by themselves, let alone run a country in desperate need of a leader. Hillary could run circles around these two jokers.

August 6, 2008 08:52 am at 8:52 am |
  4. Atty in FL

Pretty cute! I think she could've come up with someone better than "Rihanna" as VP though.

August 6, 2008 08:54 am at 8:54 am |
  5. Ty in Kansas City

Compared to John McCain, I am sure that she (Paris) is not siding with McCain, she just feels sorry for him, with his grand fatherly appearance. Maybe she is amused by crazy geriatrics.

McCains town hall meetings, are boring, I turn the television on mute when a segment comes on with John McCain going on about nothing!!!

If John McCain wants to achieve something, he should try adding some substance to his campaign. I am tired of hearing about energy, what about the Economy? Health Care? Maybe someone should drill that into McCains mind so he catches on to what counts in this election!!!!!!!!!!

Ty in Missouri.

August 6, 2008 08:54 am at 8:54 am |
  6. concerned

How come CNN is not reporting that Obama has received money illegally from non US citizens (Palestinians from Hamas led areas) in excess of $28,000, well over the $2,300 maximum for individuals. Campaign fraud apparently isn't as important as a Paris Hilton spoof...

August 6, 2008 08:55 am at 8:55 am |
  7. B

Glad she responded back to the wrinkly old white haired Guy. Shame on you ,the McCain camp. I don't think a family that was just foreclosed on thinks your add was funny. I don't think the family who can't pay the medical bill for a sick child thinks your add was funny. I don't think the family that will miss a meal tonight because they had to fill up their gas tank thinks your add is funny. McCain, stick to the issues. It;s not about Barack, or even you. It's about what's good for the American people. We are Hurting. Your camp is out of touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm mad as hell and won't take it anymore!!!!!!!!

Former Republican now voting Democrat.!!!!!!

August 6, 2008 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  8. Rufus from NC

Wow! John McCain is Swiftboating himself. Go Obama!

August 6, 2008 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  9. Tupac

Like Paris Hilton and Bush, McCain can't unite or motivate 20 Americans enough to come listen to him speak while Obama had 200K Europeans.

Republicans can call Obama a celeb but what I see is a man that can motivate people to come together. With McCain I see a man out of touch.

August 6, 2008 08:56 am at 8:56 am |
  10. Jay

You stupid Obama people should have voted for Hillary. You will be the reason we dont win the White House! Obama should be doing better in the polls then he is. Like we all said before...Obama is all talk. He will never win. I will vote for him, but will not be happy about it, but he will not win.

August 6, 2008 08:57 am at 8:57 am |
  11. NObama 08

Like it really matters what Paris Hilton has to say or think. She is only concerned about her ability to shop and party. Obama is nothing more than a show boater who is trying to boost his world image. If he really cared about the people, he would not push socialized health care or windfall taxes. In the end who reallly pays? Do you people think that because big oil might get taxed we can force lower prices? Think about it. Higher taxes mean higher prices for services! Before you limit our oil, there has to be a viable source of alternative fuel available for the public. All you Obama supporters need to wake up and take a dose of reality!

August 6, 2008 08:59 am at 8:59 am |
  12. Old Stradlater

Paris is just a younger version of Cindy McCain – using their family money to live the good life.

That said, I think Paris is a lot smarter than she lets on, because she has been able to successfully market her image (brand) to make a lot of money. Even here, she used John McCain's stupid ad to get herself back into the spotlight. You Repubs should admire her capitalist ingenuity.

The McCain campaign should hire her writers, because theirs are awful.

August 6, 2008 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  13. BJGT

Wow – who would have thought it! M c is toast!

August 6, 2008 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  14. That's Hot.

Oh Snap! Paris just told McCain to eat it in front of the whole world. And he is. Don't anger a diva. But seriously, I don't understand how McCain supporters don't see through his facade (and Obama supporters, likewise). McCain and Obama talk down to the public so much, but manage to hide it a bit better than George W. Bush. McCain's smirks are showing, just not on his face.

August 6, 2008 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  15. Jed in Texas

John McCain may win Texas,but people are going to be surprised by how many people here are ashamed of the Republican leadership we have sent to Washington.Obama is doing great here but its being covered up by our local media.

August 6, 2008 09:00 am at 9:00 am |
  16. Xango

good for you girl you go girl

you tell that old white haird dude

he is lost, h e is old, he makes war not love

he is lost
    he has dementia

oh mcbush.. you are a joke

August 6, 2008 09:02 am at 9:02 am |
  17. BJGT

Wow – who would have thought it! McCain is toast!

August 6, 2008 09:03 am at 9:03 am |
  18. Poroye

You know it's a bit of funny & sad, just when the rest of the world had hope that America has waken up to the challenges and expectations of her founding fathers, only to see a political campaign misdirection – now using the weaknesses of celebrities (her own citizens) to fight better opponents.

If it was because of jealousy it might still be understandable, but for mockery, i must admit, someone(claims to have untouchable foreign policy) has learn nothing.

August 6, 2008 09:03 am at 9:03 am |
  19. Concerned.

All you McCain supporters and PUMA's need to review the clips from the Bikers' Convention and his Townhall meetings.. As one who has studied and is studying cognitive processing deficits, I have ntoiced that Senator McCain is having difficulties in the areas of memory recall and oral expression. I am a special education teacher. These difficulties may not be a functionof age. I know older who men and women are menally very sharp. Something is going on with Senator McCain and I recommend that you pay close attention to his behavior and and how he orally communicates. Senator Obama did Senator McCain a huge favor by not subjecting him to those Townhall meetings. The more I see Senaor McCaoin on TV, the more evidence I see of his cogntive processing difficulties. I am not throwing a rock at Senator McCain. I am expressing what I hae observed. I am very concerned.

August 6, 2008 09:03 am at 9:03 am |
  20. Mommyof2

Saw her ad and had a good chuckle. Very funny.

Obama '08.

August 6, 2008 09:04 am at 9:04 am |
  21. That's Hot.

Oh Snap! Paris just told McCain to eat it in front of the whole world. And he is. Don't anger a diva. But seriously, I don't see how McCain supporters don't see through his facade (and Obama supporters, likewise). McCain and Obama talk down to the public so much, but manage to hide it a bit better than George W. Bush. McCain's smirks are showing, just not on his face.

August 6, 2008 09:04 am at 9:04 am |
  22. Tupac

These are the same people that think "drilling here" "drilling now" is a great energy plan while conservation like "proper tire inflation" is a joke. Sounds like Republicans are out of touch.

August 6, 2008 09:04 am at 9:04 am |
  23. Richard

Question: If the McFlipFlop is trying to figure out whether the Paris energy plan is compatible with theirs, what does that say about the McFlipFlop campaign?

Answer: The usual McNothing.

August 6, 2008 09:04 am at 9:04 am |
  24. Jay

Any one who thinks Paris has a better energy plan than Obama is as stupid as John McCain. How can you talk about drilling for more oil and climate change at the same time? And by the way, let us ask the people of AZ and John McCain if they want nuclear plants built on their backyards.
    Remember the nuclear plants McCain is talking about will be built in your state. If you are ok with it, then vote for McCain

August 6, 2008 09:05 am at 9:05 am |
  25. Rod

The only thing worse than her video is that she is now back in the public spotlight. as for McCain's response, what would you lame Nobama supporters propose he do to respond? Maybe an all out attack on this no talent hack? Figures she would support another no talent hack like obama...birds of a feather...Hey idiots, is this a racist add like all of Mccains are? you pathetic libs are a disgrace to this country.

August 6, 2008 09:05 am at 9:05 am |