August 6th, 2008

Paris Hilton fires back at McCain's "Celeb" ad

CNN

Watch Paris Hilton’s message for McCain

(CNN) - Paris Hilton has fired back in response to presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain's "Celeb" ad comparing the 27-year-old heiress to Barack Obama.

The less-than-two-minute spot was paid for by the comedy video Web site, funnyordie.com. It features Hilton sprawling in a lounge chair in a swimsuit. The socialite mocks McCain's ad, saying, "I want America to know that I'm, like, totally ready to lead."

What are Hilton's thoughts on energy policy? She says her position is a "hybrid" of Obama and McCain's. "Energy crisis solved," the heiress declares.

Related: How did Paris Hilton's response come about?

Hilton, who's built a career out of being a celebrity, also reveals her pick for vice president and plans while in office. "I'm thinking Rihanna. I'll see you at the White House. Oh, and I might paint it pink. I hope that's cool with you guys," she says.

"I'm Paris Hilton and I approve this message because I think it's totally hot."

The McCain camp responded to Hilton's ad Tuesday. "It sounds like Paris Hilton supports John McCain's 'all of the above' approach to America's energy crisis – including both alternatives and drilling. Paris Hilton might not be as big a celebrity as Barack Obama, but she obviously has a better energy plan," says McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds.

1. Canada supports Obama

Obama should hire Paris Hilton to do some commercials for him.

How about Paris on a Nuclear sub making fun of John McCain's claim that he has experience with Nuclear power because he rode in a submarine. The man has an IQ of a high school student at best.

August 6, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  2. Marina

I used to respect McCain. Niw he's showing what a pathetic little man he really is.

August 6, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  3. CD

McCain you can't have Paris, you wish you could but no you can't. We won't allow you to do to Cindy what you did to your first wife with Paris. For crying out loud you are too feisty grumpy and senile. Give it a rest and allow democrats cleanup after Bush.

August 6, 2008 09:32 am at 9:32 am |
  4. DocReal

McCain has jumped the shark. He sounds like a four year old arguing with Paris Hilton.

August 6, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  5. Smith

that was awesome! Paris Hilton is now my personal hero, and McCain should just quit now because the longer he runs, the longer it becomes obvious that McCain in the oval office would make Ronald Reagan look with it!

August 6, 2008 09:33 am at 9:33 am |
  6. Veteran in Kansas

If one can not tell scarcasim, then perhaps McCain is your man after all.

It appears to me that Paris might just be over the vast majority posting here today.

August 6, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  7. Demovoter

I'm kind of glad she did that little spiff (as much as I can't stand the way she portrays herself any other time). I don't like how any politician relates themselves to celebrities to try and get more votes, and I think that is what these two are trying to do. Hopefully what Paris did will deter them from that mentality? This is truly the first election that I have followed very, very closely and I am unbelievably sick with the way they squabble! It is childish and completely unprofessional. I don't want a president who cannot allow another person to speak their opinion without interrupting them to speak their own. It's time to grow up boys you're with the big dogs now. Now that "Lil' Bush" is done, we need TRUE leaders to step up to the plate. Leave the boys club at the White House Gates.

August 6, 2008 09:34 am at 9:34 am |
  8. James, Seattle

The Republican plan seems to be, mock whatever it is that we think will make us sound better this week then later claim we supported it.
    On the other topic.
    More people vote for American Idol than President, maybe the youth vote should not be laughed at?

August 6, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  9. John FL

the only reason the Republicans want congress to come back and rule on the drilling issue is because it is time for them to pay their daddy, Big Oil. Their boss will not contribute to their campaigns if they do not do their jobs they were already paid to do and that is get more property for oil companies to drill on.

August 6, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  10. Ted - NYC

Who would have though that McCain would be debating Paris....shameful!

August 6, 2008 09:35 am at 9:35 am |
  11. Darrel from Denver

Good on Paris.

Folks...this was a satire...nothing politically serious in it. ... get a clue...she was simply ridiculing the folks who tried to ridicule her.

August 6, 2008 09:36 am at 9:36 am |
  12. Flag

I can't believe all of you even care. Why would anyone care WHAT Paris thinks?

August 6, 2008 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  13. Matt

Thinking about it, Paris Hilton is probably at least as trustworthy as any politician, including Obama and McCain...

August 6, 2008 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  14. tidho

All the Paris hate is silly. Her video was very funny, I hope she does more.

August 6, 2008 09:37 am at 9:37 am |
  15. Lili, FL

Didn’t convince me, I’m still voting for McCain!

NoBama 08

August 6, 2008 09:38 am at 9:38 am |
  16. Rocky

I'm not really sure what her plan is but I'm sure it's better than Oboma's.

August 6, 2008 09:39 am at 9:39 am |
  17. oneStarman

I guess the only thing for McNugget to do now is to release his own SEX TAPE.

August 6, 2008 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  18. The Nightingale Sings in Berkley Square

She and obama are celebs without a portfolio. Both are famous for being famous for accoumplishing nothing.

Obama is risky so is Paris. Obama has a funny name so does Paris, Obama sounds foreign, duh so does Paris.

Two birds of a feather if you ask me.

August 6, 2008 09:40 am at 9:40 am |
  19. JJ in NY

PLEASE ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody cares about paris hilton........ she just wants to see herself on TV when not looking in the mirror .

August 6, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  20. Kiah

The fact that the McCain camp has opened this door should prove to everyone who the real idiot is. Instead of issues this GARBAGE is on CNN's POLITICAL TICKER.

Michael Moore wrote it best: "Stupid White Men"!

August 6, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  21. Selected not elected

This actually makes McCain's point.

Obama has wandered into POP culture to pander for votes.

So this is the blow back from his celebrity bandwagon campaign strategy to appeal to those who follow Paris and Britney.

Where is Paris's Mom denouncing the waste of time and money when it is her daughter doing the wasting?

August 6, 2008 09:41 am at 9:41 am |
  22. Obama supporter: Bipartisan Intelligence in Gov't

McCain is now saying that tire gauges mdo reduce oil consumption. This combined with the fact that it was he who injected Paris Hilton into the campaign indicates not only lack of judgement but thousands of gauges that will be used to conserve as Obama suggestion will be utilized by more people.

McCain's plan for oil drilling sounds fine until one looks at the fact that US refineries are running at full capacity: thus, the oil drilled will have to be sold on the world market. More profits for oil companies, savings to Americans, questionable.

Nuclear power plants require a rigourous lisencing procedure, as they should of 3-4 years and 3-4 years once you find a neighbourhood that will accept one.

So much for mcCain's "immediately" and "now".

August 6, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  23. PhantomS of the Oprah

Sounds like Barack....

Declared by the media as pretty and important... given a status of celebrity based on NOTHING.

McCain was right on the money.

August 6, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  24. dr. yes we can

great ad!feeling dumb,yet, tucker bounds?

August 6, 2008 09:42 am at 9:42 am |
  25. Sue

If you're planning to vote for Obama, you're going to get about the same level of smarts as displayed by Paris. She's cute, that's all.

Paris for BO's VP!!!!!