August 6th, 2008

Paris Hilton fires back at McCain's "Celeb" ad

CNN

Watch Paris Hilton’s message for McCain

(CNN) - Paris Hilton has fired back in response to presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain's "Celeb" ad comparing the 27-year-old heiress to Barack Obama.

The less-than-two-minute spot was paid for by the comedy video Web site, funnyordie.com. It features Hilton sprawling in a lounge chair in a swimsuit. The socialite mocks McCain's ad, saying, "I want America to know that I'm, like, totally ready to lead."

What are Hilton's thoughts on energy policy? She says her position is a "hybrid" of Obama and McCain's. "Energy crisis solved," the heiress declares.

Related: How did Paris Hilton's response come about?

Hilton, who's built a career out of being a celebrity, also reveals her pick for vice president and plans while in office. "I'm thinking Rihanna. I'll see you at the White House. Oh, and I might paint it pink. I hope that's cool with you guys," she says.

"I'm Paris Hilton and I approve this message because I think it's totally hot."

The McCain camp responded to Hilton's ad Tuesday. "It sounds like Paris Hilton supports John McCain's 'all of the above' approach to America's energy crisis – including both alternatives and drilling. Paris Hilton might not be as big a celebrity as Barack Obama, but she obviously has a better energy plan," says McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds.

1. AW

Funny, enjoyable, and a more successful attempt at humor than the Old Dude can pull off.
    Just enjoy it. It was a very well done spoof on a very poor campaign ad by McCain.
    We have way too much cable coverage, so this was a great relief from the repeats every 15 min of the same ol', same ol' on every cable news outlet 24/7.
    Paris, you go girl

August 6, 2008 07:54 am at 7:54 am |
  2. Kim

Does Paris support McSurge's never ending iraq War?

August 6, 2008 07:54 am at 7:54 am |
  3. scooter

the old prune and the rasinette could learn something from her.

August 6, 2008 07:55 am at 7:55 am |
  4. Ex republican for Paris

Where can I buy a Paris 08 bumper sticker? I don't know if she is smarter than Obama, but she sure is smarter than Juan McCain

That video is great! Go Paris!

August 6, 2008 07:55 am at 7:55 am |
  5. Deb, Allentown, PA

I find it interesting that CNN completely ignored the important news that Cindy McCain could be elected as the First Lady and Miss Buffalo Chip in the same year.

It is incredible that no attention was paid to the fact that McCain offered up his wife to participate in a topless contest. He, or his lackeys, either didn't know or care to know that it was topless, or they knew it and he tastelessly offered her up anyway.

Had Obama done this, the far right would be howling about the lack of morality and the PUMA supporters would be howling about his mistreatment of women. Yet McCain is permitted to emerge unscathed in the eyes of CNN viewers. Oh wait, CNN viewers eyes never saw it – of course he emerged unscathed.

Where, oh where, is the unbiased news reporting that we as Americans deserve?

August 6, 2008 07:56 am at 7:56 am |
  6. cnn junkie

after losing my job and my house i am diappointed at john mccain for turning this election into a joke,the joke will be on him come november.

August 6, 2008 07:56 am at 7:56 am |
  7. Kathy

Experienced politician = corrupt politician

August 6, 2008 07:58 am at 7:58 am |
  8. Janet WV for Obama

I was shocked that Tucker was so out of touch with reality that he actually thought the ad was supportive of McCain.

August 6, 2008 07:58 am at 7:58 am |
  9. some guy in New Hampshire

How much more trivial can McCain's people make this campaign. Why go tit-for-tat (sorry about that) with a waste of space like Paris Hilton? Don't these people have any dignity or sense? I'm, like, totally sick of the McCain approach to this campaign and I hope he and his people get this message.

August 6, 2008 07:58 am at 7:58 am |
  10. Aaron from Battleground Ohio

My respect for Paris Hilton just increased by 200% (I didn't have much respect for her before so this is a real change). The fact that she was willing to get off of her butt to respond to a ridiculous ad that made fun of her impresses me.
    Maybe she'll support Barack and cancel out Mommy's vote.

August 6, 2008 07:58 am at 7:58 am |
  11. Akhorahil

McCain is an idiot and you can't even spell ad?

priceless.

August 6, 2008 07:58 am at 7:58 am |
  12. CL OT

You have to admit, she does have a better enery plan than Obama. That guy has no clue what to do and he changes his mind every week. Obama is all hype just like most celebs.

August 6, 2008 07:58 am at 7:58 am |
  13. Lorna, NY

Tucker Bounds is a straight up IDIOT!

August 6, 2008 07:59 am at 7:59 am |
  14. Crush Rush

John McCain claimed the anthrax was tied to Iraq before the war, he was lying again to get us involved.

August 6, 2008 08:00 am at 8:00 am |
  15. Barack For President- An Energy Plan We can Believe In!

HILARIOUS!! And, just what John McCain and his idiotic campaign deserve! What's even more comical than anything that's happened, is that I can't believe the McCain camp even responded to Paris Hilton's t.v. ad. For everyone that wants to call Paris Hilton "empty" or "stupid", she has managed to take the attention from the McCain camp and again has all the world looking at her again!!! Now, who's empty or stupid? Touche` Paris for at least presenting an energy plan, seems like only you and Senator Obama have a plan! And, a VP pick, Rhiana who is both goregous and intelligent! I'm just waiting for the McCain camp to make a RESPONSE AD to Paris' rebuttal ad. Everyone, go on the "funny or die" site and see the ad, it is hilarious with McCain and the Golden Girls!

Oh, and did I mention that in the meantime, Senator Obama not only cares about the American people, but he has presented an energy plan to America to help create solutions to our energy crisis?

August 6, 2008 08:00 am at 8:00 am |
  16. Jim Schimmer

The DUMB McSame campaign does not know she is poking fun at him. Such ignorance by the retard campaign!

August 6, 2008 08:01 am at 8:01 am |
  17. uche

Wao,America is so messed up they have a fool as Republican presidenrial candidate. Well,as u can see,this girl probably have more brain than mccain. Over here in Nigeria mccain will be in the village looking after his greatgrandfather's sheeps.

August 6, 2008 08:01 am at 8:01 am |
  18. Deb, Allentown, PA

Sorry, one more post. I'll say it again.

Obama is not against nuclear power. There are spent fuel rod storage issues that have yet to be addressed. Yucca Mountain has been in place for over 20 years and still isn't a viable storage facility. Where are we going to store radioactive spent fuel rods? I'm sure the Republican answer is "well, it won't affect me because I'll be long dead, so I don't really give a rat's behind".

Obama has supported nuclear power with the condition that the storage issues are addressed satisfactorily. Please get it right.

August 6, 2008 08:01 am at 8:01 am |
  19. Seanm

With all the trouble raising money that McCain has had, you'd think he wouldn't trash the daughter of one of the few couples who maxed out their donations for him. Loyalty is something McCain seems to lack.

August 6, 2008 08:02 am at 8:02 am |
  20. Obama = Kerry = Kennedy

Paris Hilton has more experience than Barack O'blah-blah

August 6, 2008 08:03 am at 8:03 am |
  21. dman

Can this fox realityTV campain please be over already?

August 6, 2008 08:03 am at 8:03 am |
  22. Sammy

I find neither McCain's nor Ms Hilton's ads funny. I'm rather fearful that negative campaigning might win the day and we'll find ourselves in similar, if not worse, situation that we are in now. Eight years ago the Republicans used negative tactics to get Bush into office. In 2004 they employed the same strategy and look what we are suffering. People should be smart and not fall for such gimmicks.

August 6, 2008 08:03 am at 8:03 am |
  23. Tony

John McCain, Paris Hilton. Perfect couple. Both arrogant, self-absorbed, ignorant wannabe's.

August 6, 2008 08:05 am at 8:05 am |
  24. Duane

To me, McCain made a huge mistake comparing Obama to Paris (a has been that he has helped, like pouring water on sea-monkeys), when clearly it should have been Miley Cyrus!

If anything, he is more like Paris Hilton (especially his wife) than Obama. Talk about spoiled brats? Both of them deserve each other. McCain was doing his decades old Paris before he could even divorce his sick, model wife that got too fat for him while he was in Vietnam! The only reason he went into politics, is because he couldn't "stand" fill his old daddy's footsteps (an Admiral)..Sound familiar? When you can't make it in the military, or college (McCain ranked at the lowest percentile in college, just like George Jr...Those famous gentleman's C's), be the president. People will vote for you because they can vision themselves drinking beer and shopping at WalMart with them! How pathetic and easily entertained the lemmings are!

August 6, 2008 08:05 am at 8:05 am |
  25. V from London

MAYBE MCCAIN CAN ADD PARIS TO HIS LIST OF ALREADY IDIOTIC CAMPAIGN MANAGERS!

Comming from an international perspective it really would be ashame to see McCain voted in. I can tell you all that here in England and the rest of western europe we are PRAYING for Obama so that we can re-align our diplomacy with yours.

If you vote McCain the rest of the world is going to continue to hate you.

THE WORLD LOVES OBAMA AND EVERYTHING HE STANDS FOR!

August 6, 2008 08:06 am at 8:06 am |