August 6th, 2008

Paris Hilton fires back at McCain's "Celeb" ad

CNN

Watch Paris Hilton’s message for McCain

(CNN) - Paris Hilton has fired back in response to presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain's "Celeb" ad comparing the 27-year-old heiress to Barack Obama.

The less-than-two-minute spot was paid for by the comedy video Web site, funnyordie.com. It features Hilton sprawling in a lounge chair in a swimsuit. The socialite mocks McCain's ad, saying, "I want America to know that I'm, like, totally ready to lead."

What are Hilton's thoughts on energy policy? She says her position is a "hybrid" of Obama and McCain's. "Energy crisis solved," the heiress declares.

Related: How did Paris Hilton's response come about?

Hilton, who's built a career out of being a celebrity, also reveals her pick for vice president and plans while in office. "I'm thinking Rihanna. I'll see you at the White House. Oh, and I might paint it pink. I hope that's cool with you guys," she says.

"I'm Paris Hilton and I approve this message because I think it's totally hot."

The McCain camp responded to Hilton's ad Tuesday. "It sounds like Paris Hilton supports John McCain's 'all of the above' approach to America's energy crisis – including both alternatives and drilling. Paris Hilton might not be as big a celebrity as Barack Obama, but she obviously has a better energy plan," says McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds.

1. William Spivey

McWSlime is so sleazy that he even offered plastic face (his own wife) tp participate in a half naked motorcycle rally beauty contest. People this idiot does not have a clue.

August 6, 2008 08:07 am at 8:07 am |
  2. bob wallace

What in the hell is up with McCain and his campaigh staff ?
    I have spent over 10 active years in politics , first as a campaign worker , then as a local candidate. I would NEVER have approved the Paris Hilton commercial he ran, it is irresponsible and shows a poor lack of judgement.
    Is THIS the guy we want running the country??
    I mean come on !!
    The american people aren't stupid , we all deserve better than this!

August 6, 2008 08:07 am at 8:07 am |
  3. Deborah Seate

The McCain camp appears to be unable to offer any fresh, new ideas. Instead even for their campaign ads they are limited to refreshing an over-used Reagan debating strategy. The McCain ad putting Obama in the same league as Paris Hilton and Britney Spears is a perfect illustration of how McCain is just a re-packaging of the "same old same old".

McCain's camp has made it clear that they don't know how to go toe-to-toe with Obama and factually discuss what is best for America in both the short and long term.

August 6, 2008 08:07 am at 8:07 am |
  4. Jeffrey

I've read a lot about the Bush family sense of humor-stupid crap they used to pull all the time on media people, etc.-how it's juvenile at best, unfunny, etc. Seems like McCain, once a man of principle (or at least he was able to project a false front of it), has become a Bushie in yet another way, this amazingly childish jerk. The people that work for him are like schoolyard bullies. Every time they open their yaps they make themselves and McCain look worse. Every Obama supporter needs to let every friend they have, especially on the fence, know about every one of these remarks they hear coming from the McCain camp so they'll know what kind of person they'd be electing if they vote for him.

August 6, 2008 08:07 am at 8:07 am |
  5. Barack the Vote!

I know, we could have McCain as "Clown-in-Chief", and have Paris Hilton his VP as "Hottie-in-Charge of the Pink Surge"! McCain's an idiot and a complete distraction to the Presidential election.

Barack for President! Change We Can Believe In. Now, that's "HOT!"

August 6, 2008 08:08 am at 8:08 am |
  6. Austin Chuks, Lagos, Nigeria

McCain's doesn't even know when practical fun is poked at them. Pity! Pity!! Pity!!!

This is a typical example of being 'DUMB'.

When u compare McCain's ads & Obama's, it's crystal clear that Obama has the message & of course the judgement to lead, but McCain's age seems to becloud his judgement (if any) that he doesn't even know when he and his camp are derailing.

Obama 08 & 12!!

August 6, 2008 08:08 am at 8:08 am |
  7. Mark

I agree that a woman that inherits a ton of money, pops pills obtained illegally, steals drugs from chartities, dates married men, then trys to clean up her act by doing charity work has no place in politics.....wait I'm talking about McCain's wife! I can know see how Paris modeled her life. Soon she too will be the first lady.

August 6, 2008 08:08 am at 8:08 am |
  8. Excited Dem

CNN,

You have got to be kidding!!!!!!!! I've sent in intelligent, well thought out comments that you MODERATE into oblivion, yet you FAIL the DECENCY TEST & post an OUTRAGEOUS, SEXIST, IGNORANT comment like the one from . . . . .

"Vietnam COMBAT Vet, OHIO" @ 7:11 a.m.

DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud Female Veteran for OBAMA 08

August 6, 2008 08:09 am at 8:09 am |
  9. Ted:Canada

Good for you Paris! I wondered how long it would take for women to respond to McCain’s anti-women ad.

CNN you should have asked his idiot advisors why they didn't have a male celebrity in his ad. The answer is simple they think it easier to ridicule female celebrities!!!!

CNN has a lot of female staff but I bet if you could get in McCain’s head he thinks you are not as smart as men. Do an interview with him and watch his reaction! And he calls Obama an elitist!!!

Now we know how he really feels about his “Beer Queen

August 6, 2008 08:10 am at 8:10 am |
  10. Independent-Minded American

Wow, she actually makes some sense!

McCain/Paris 08

August 6, 2008 08:11 am at 8:11 am |
  11. afrahx2

ON SECOND THOUGHT, I THINK ITS TIME TO GO FOR OBAMA, THIS MCCAIN MAN DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE ANYTHING CLOSE TO WHAT HILLARY STOOD FOR. I'D RATHER SEE A DEMOCRAT AT THE WH THAN A GOP. COME ON PUMAS, ITS TIME TO GET REAL AS THE GOING IS ABOUT TO GET TOUGHER. DONT FORGET EVERY VOTE COUNTS.

August 6, 2008 08:12 am at 8:12 am |
  12. VB Lincoln Park NJ

It is so pathetic that those running the McSame campaign can't even tell when they are being made fools of by Paris Hilton.

Thanks, Paris.

August 6, 2008 08:13 am at 8:13 am |
  13. Eddie D

I cannot believe that McCain is running to be president. Nobody could be as stupid as he is with the ads he allows to be put out.
    He tries to put his wife in a topless contest, because he didn't know what it was. He ridiculed Obama for saying , keep your tire pressure right. He didn't know that saves gas. Of course when you are rich, you don't worry about these things.
    Have you ever noticed McCain rarely goes anywhere without his Barbie Doll plastic faced wife? She is as bad as he is. Why don't she get smart and tell him to start talking about the issues, and quit with the jokes. All the comedians out of work, and this idiot McCain trying to be one. The GOP had better find a new candidate, this one is ready for the nut house.
    If McCain is going to stay in the race, he needs to look at those around him. They are making him look like an idiot. Tucker Bounds is the stupidest man on earth to not face the issues, and stop all this bashing. People are getting tired of it. That is except the racists. Why doesn't McCain talk about the economy? Because he and his group think it's in good shape.
    I really feel sorry for this country if McIdiot is elected.

August 6, 2008 08:13 am at 8:13 am |
  14. Mike

Paris, go back to bed. You seem better suited there.

August 6, 2008 08:13 am at 8:13 am |
  15. Jeff

Paris Hilton is a total moron and I am completely stumped as to why America seems to be obsessed with her. And we wonder why our children are screwed up? Hilton has no morals, no character, and really, no brains. Her parents should be ashamed to have this little nothing of a human being as their offspring.

August 6, 2008 08:14 am at 8:14 am |
  16. Kathy

Saw the ENTIRE spot and Paris was right on!! The old wrinkly white haired guy is the oldest celebrity on the planet. And comparing him to the Crypt Keeper is right on target!! And as far as Drill Drill Drill goes:
    The Department of Energy estimates that there are eighteen billion barrels of technically recoverable oil in offshore areas of the continental United States that are now closed to drilling. This sounds like a lot, until you consider that oil is a globally traded commodity and that, at current rates of consumption, eighteen billion barrels would satisfy less than seven months of global demand. A D.O.E. report issued last year predicted that it would take two decades for drilling in restricted areas to have a noticeable effect on domestic production, and that, even then, “because oil prices are determined on the international market,” the impact on fuel costs would be “insignificant.”

August 6, 2008 08:14 am at 8:14 am |
  17. osama would vote for obama

mccain did have a point that her idea was more realistic than osamas energy plan

August 6, 2008 08:15 am at 8:15 am |
  18. Mike M, Indiana

...and I was looking forwards to a U-tube video of Paris washing a Hummer with McCain stickers on it.......

August 6, 2008 08:17 am at 8:17 am |
  19. M. Felder

John McCain is out plugging his Nuclear Power Plant stance. Saying, it is safe. I trust some old wrinkling guy, who has cancer to tell me that more nuclear plants will make us safe. I think, not. Nuclear plants, not in my backyard.

August 6, 2008 08:18 am at 8:18 am |
  20. don kinstler

The fascination with Obama amazes me. Here's a man with absolutely no accomplishments either as an Illinois senator or a U.S. senator. If someone took Obama's teleprompter away he couldn't answer any serious question with a simple coherent answer. I live in Illinois and while he was an Illinois senator, he voted "present " over 130 times on controversial issues. Obviously, he doesn't want anyone to know what he stands for. What good is any politician who votes present? To me, he doesn't have any principles and he sold his vote to the highest bidder (don't vote for or against a measure and he receives some kind of payback). To me, his life long relationships with American terrorists like Bill Ayers, Louis Farrakhan and radicals like his pastor Jeremiah Wright define who he is. I believe you will be like the crowd you "run with".

August 6, 2008 08:18 am at 8:18 am |
  21. Kentucky Bob

She's too hot!!

August 6, 2008 08:18 am at 8:18 am |
  22. Matt

Wow.

Paris has an energy plan and is a good speaker.

She's more qualified to be President than Uhhhhhbama.

August 6, 2008 08:18 am at 8:18 am |
  23. Nancy in North Carolina

Slightly off topic, but John McCain should stop "pimping" his wife when he goes any and everywhere. Why is it necessary for his wife ("looking like a deer in headlights") to stand on stage with him when he's making a political speech to a a group of supporters?Why does she have to be on camera. I'm all for the wife supporting the candidate and being present, but in front of the camera? Does he think that her presence makes him look less old? NOT !!! He's old, he can't change that! How ignorant are McCain supporters?? Don't answer that.....Nancy in NC

August 6, 2008 08:19 am at 8:19 am |
  24. Crush Rush

Paris is a lot smarter than John McCain.Rush Limbaugh told all his followers to vote for George Bush in 2004,How credible is Rush when he now tells them to vote for John McCain?

August 6, 2008 08:19 am at 8:19 am |
  25. Ed

This is how desperate the Double Talk Express is, come on!?!

August 6, 2008 08:19 am at 8:19 am |