August 6th, 2008

Paris Hilton fires back at McCain's "Celeb" ad

CNN

Watch Paris Hilton’s message for McCain

(CNN) - Paris Hilton has fired back in response to presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain's "Celeb" ad comparing the 27-year-old heiress to Barack Obama.

The less-than-two-minute spot was paid for by the comedy video Web site, funnyordie.com. It features Hilton sprawling in a lounge chair in a swimsuit. The socialite mocks McCain's ad, saying, "I want America to know that I'm, like, totally ready to lead."

What are Hilton's thoughts on energy policy? She says her position is a "hybrid" of Obama and McCain's. "Energy crisis solved," the heiress declares.

Related: How did Paris Hilton's response come about?

Hilton, who's built a career out of being a celebrity, also reveals her pick for vice president and plans while in office. "I'm thinking Rihanna. I'll see you at the White House. Oh, and I might paint it pink. I hope that's cool with you guys," she says.

"I'm Paris Hilton and I approve this message because I think it's totally hot."

The McCain camp responded to Hilton's ad Tuesday. "It sounds like Paris Hilton supports John McCain's 'all of the above' approach to America's energy crisis – including both alternatives and drilling. Paris Hilton might not be as big a celebrity as Barack Obama, but she obviously has a better energy plan," says McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds.

1. Nuna

All the more reason to vote for McCain -

August 6, 2008 08:30 am at 8:30 am |
  2. Greg Pottstown, Pa.

keesa August 6th, 2008 1:40 am ET

IM SORRY PUMA PAC BUT YOU ALL GOING T BE MAD WITH ME I KNOW WE HAD A TUFF FIGHT DURING THE PRIMARYS BUT IM SORRY I HAVE TO SWALLOW MY PRID AN BE GROWN UP FOR MY KIDS FUTURE ITS NOT ABOUT ME ITS ABOUT MY CHILDREN FUTURE TO, MCCAIN DOESNT STANDS FOR NOTHING AN FOR AS OBAMA NOT BEING IN THE SENATE FOR LONG TIME HE SOUNDS LIKE HES BEEN THERE LONGER THAN MCCAIN HAS BEEN. THIS PUMA PAC TURNS PUMOBAMA OBAMA 08!!!!!!!

Well put. " MCCAIN DOESNT STANDS FOR NOTHING " I agree he dose stand for something. He stands for the American people. He stands with 70% of us on drilling for example.

August 6, 2008 08:30 am at 8:30 am |
  3. Todd

David Goldman, afrahx2, Jim Hall et al.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL! WHAT I'M SAYING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT YOU ARE SAYING SO I'M USING ALL CAPS SO YOU CAN HEAR ME!!!1!!one!!! SEE HOW MANY !!!! I USED?

Seriously folks. Turn off the caps lock. It doesn't add emphasis, it just makes you look like a blowhard who doesn't know how to type.

August 6, 2008 08:31 am at 8:31 am |
  4. Michelle, PA

I never thought I'd say this about Paris Hilton, but....Right on! I laughed my butt off. Good for you, girl.

August 6, 2008 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  5. Upon Further Review

I cant wait to see the brave McCain bumper sticker people.

August 6, 2008 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  6. Tim

Tucker would say anything supports McSenile!!!

August 6, 2008 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  7. Tim in NC

Ah, the last resort of a desperate campaign...

Sarcasim

Bravo republicans, one can only hope Karl has a heart attack from how badly you guys are botching this.

August 6, 2008 08:32 am at 8:32 am |
  8. Excited Dem

CNN,

Looks like you made a smart decision to pull the "Vietnam COMBAT Vet, OHIO" off the post. THANK YOU!

Now, maybe we can get back to the discussion.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE INFORM THE McCAIN CAMP that this ELECTION, our ECONOMY, and the SENSELESS WAR in IRAQ is NO JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud Female Veteran for OBAMA 08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 6, 2008 08:33 am at 8:33 am |
  9. Terri

The crypt Keeper !! LOL

I must be running for president thanks old dude with the white hair:) ROTFL

Go Obama

I wonder if McCain will make a negative reply to Paris we all see how childish his camp is.

August 6, 2008 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  10. K of TX

The response that the McCain campaign gave (as if this deserved a serious response) pretty much sums up the tone and substance of their candidate:
    Cynical, grouchy, sarcastic and shallow....

Question: Are you better off than you were 8yrs. ago?
    Answer: Obama '08-'16

August 6, 2008 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  11. LyndaLBD

this was a waste of time and money on McCain's part. I do wish they would stop with the negative campaign rhetoric and get on with some real solutions to the problems. Negative rhetoric turns me off of politics – its just more bs that I tune out – you know – the bs alarm system that goes off when someone is trying to shovel more your way and you have to wear boots to get through it all.

August 6, 2008 08:34 am at 8:34 am |
  12. Mills

Obama is not qualified to be a U.S. President.

All you morons who think Bush is doing such a bad job don't know jack. Liberal media at work. Anything wrong in the U.S. falls on President Bush?? Get real.

August 6, 2008 08:35 am at 8:35 am |
  13. Terri

McCain camp should have done a little research once again don't bite the hand that feeds you

Go Bam

August 6, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  14. McWhine

Repubs are really funny. They do take pride to be ignorant even whe Paris mocked them.

For those Repubs pretend to be "PUMA". You are jokes.

August 6, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  15. We are not as different as our politics suggest

CNN you are so biased, I don't know why I bother anymore. You mentioned nothing about alll the old references she made to McSane!

August 6, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  16. afrahx2

I HOPE MCCAIN SPONSORS ARE WATCHING HOW THEIR HARD EARNED DONATIONS ARE BEING SPENT ON FRIVOLOUS ADS -SILLY, EMPTY, UNPRODUCTIVE, IRRESPONSIBLE. THEY MAY NEED TO DIG DEEPER FOR MORE DONATIONS TO ENABLE MCCAIN TOUCH ON REAL ISSUES OF IMPORTANCE TO THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.

August 6, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  17. Susan

That was funny. Really accentuates how stupid McCain and his thugs are in running these types of bigoted ads.

August 6, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  18. Joe

Responding to Obama's comment about Republicans being ignorant...

The height of arogance is to believe that the only reason that someone does not agree with your "enlightened" view of the world is that they simply do not have all the facts.

August 6, 2008 08:36 am at 8:36 am |
  19. andrew s. rostolder

you go girl, pappy mcain is a total retard and won't remember any of this anyway........

August 6, 2008 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  20. out of work

PARIS 08

August 6, 2008 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  21. Kenry

Why do we not hear from the people of Arizona regarding how McCain does his work. I hear they are partitioning to get him ousted from his post when he loses to Obama. Besides, I don't want a president whos going to die of old age, two years into office and then some No-Name VP run the country.

August 6, 2008 08:37 am at 8:37 am |
  22. Cathy in MD

McCain DOES NOT have a clue … as evidenced by this waste-of-my-time Paris Hilton exchange and his recent appearance on stage with his beauty pageant hopeful. McCain is a fine soldier, but IS NOT fit to be President.

August 6, 2008 08:38 am at 8:38 am |
  23. Vivek

Rihanna can't be VP, she wasn't born in this country.

August 6, 2008 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  24. Sebastian

I don't know if she wrote it or not but Paris' blurb came across more intelligently than McCain usually does.

American voters ... that's scary ... vote for the SMARTER guy .... PLEASE.

August 6, 2008 08:39 am at 8:39 am |
  25. A Florida

that is what McCain has been saying about energy for the last few months,unlike Obama. Go McCain !!!

August 6, 2008 08:40 am at 8:40 am |