August 8th, 2008

Aloha Obama

Obama’s Hawaiian vacation starts today.
Obama’s Hawaiian vacation starts today.

(CNN) - Barack Obama and his family are on their way to Hawaii aboard the Illinois senator's campaign plane. They'll journey to Oahu, where they will spend several days visiting his extended family.

They've been joined on board by more than a dozen family friends. The section of the plane usually reserved for staff is filled with children under the age of 12.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. jeremy

Enjoy Your time with your family and let us do your work while you are gone. It is a well deserved vacation. Come back refreshed, and off we go to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Obama 08/12.

August 8, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  2. Lance

Thank goodness Barack is finally getting a little R and R. He needs it. He needs to be surrounded by family and good friends and given a decent few days off in the sun. It will energize him and help keep it all in perspective.

Have a good vacation Barack! We'll watch the house and keep the lights on for you!!!

August 8, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  3. sk

Well, now people. This is Barack Obama for you. How many of us can barely make it to work on a quarter tank of gas, but Mr. big guy goes to Hawaii for vacation. What a laugh. On top of it in his campaign plane. Europe, now Hawaii. Do you guys have the good life he has? I sure don't. SHAME ON HIM! This country is in crisis and he is spending money like no tomorrow. Keep on sending your $5.00 to him. Barack Obama will not make the people's president. He is in there for the fame and flamboyance.

August 8, 2008 01:45 pm at 1:45 pm |
  4. Mike - Texas

While you are out there Obama, you may as well visit those other 7 of the 57 states that you have claimed to have visited.

August 8, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  5. Marc

Must be nice. Yeah, they're just like a regular American family aren't they? My family jetted to Hawaii in our private jet the other day. Well, at least he chose to vacation in America this time. I'm sure he really wanted to go to Indonesia or back to Europe.

August 8, 2008 01:47 pm at 1:47 pm |
  6. PUMA in Training

This just in!!!!!!

"Obama removed his shoes during mid-flight. He was reading the paper; he coughed twenty minutes later. He then looked behind his seat to see what his kids were up to while Michelle powdered her nose. "

Next story – Learn what Obama had for lunch!!!

Thank you, CNN for keeping us all informed!!

August 8, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  7. Garner

I have donated to Obama before and I will do it again. So what if he decides to take his family and friends on vacation they all deserve it. If you are not one contributing to the campaign please don't complain.

August 8, 2008 01:48 pm at 1:48 pm |
  8. wrob from GA

Obama, Have a nice vacation and return Godspeed. May God continue to bless and keep you and your family.

August 8, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  9. Sophia,23-OBAMA VOTER

OH SHUT UP YOU PUMA PAC CRY BABIES! I wonder how all of you are going to feel when the OBAMA supportes won't support Clinton in '16!! You guys are probably middle age cry babies. How you feel that a younger (23) is more mature than you are. I was for Clinton too, but SHE LOST- OBAMA WON- FAIR AND SQUARE! So get a grip, grow up, and vote for Obama. You rather give it to a Republican??? Another four years of hell????

Obama '08

August 8, 2008 01:49 pm at 1:49 pm |
  10. jfs Memhis, Tn

Well earned vacation, Sir. You deserve it.......hope people will leave you alone long enough to enjoy it. Get lots of rest ......you will need 100% to beat back the Republicans and their Negativity.

Go Obama

August 8, 2008 01:50 pm at 1:50 pm |
  11. frank

you guys say the same things, obama08 ,stop hating ,mcsame puma,they are so cute. are you robots?

August 8, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  12. Luis

Good riddance....................

August 8, 2008 01:51 pm at 1:51 pm |
  13. steve

Unfortunately some simple minded folks think the funds for this mini vacation comes from our tax $$ . Wake up people, if you want to critisize the man, let it be constructive, between cnn, msnbc and the so called pundits, spin doctors etc, its a wonder why anyone would want to run for this office..just vote for who you think would be best for the country regardless of race or color, lets stick to the inportant issues, and forget about all this pusilanamous bickering.

August 8, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  14. San Diego Moon

No one deserves a vacation more than Obama. I too am a donor and happy to fund the trip.

August 8, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  15. Ken Pittsburgh

he is going on vacation at out of his own pocket beele wake up and smell the bacon

August 8, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  16. J.C.

Have a nice vacation with your family and friends, Senator Obama!
    I hope you can get ready for debates after this vacation.

August 8, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  17. How does CNN determine who gets posted?

I wish I could take a vacation to Hawaii. I would love to be on a secluded beach lying in a hammock enjoying the nice breeze. Some people have all the luck.

August 8, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  18. Typical White Person

Maybe he can get a valid copy of his birth certificate while he is there...

August 8, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  19. American en canada

BARRACK OBAMA YOUNG, CHARISMATIC, SMART AND GOOD LOOKING THE NEXT PRESIDENT OF TRHE USA.

JOHN MACWAR THE OLDEST PERSON TO RUN FOR PRESIDENT OF THE USA HE IS A SICK MAN RFECOVERING FROM CANCER AND ALZHEIMERS HE IS TOO DAQNGEROUS FOR THE COUNTRY
    HE SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED.

August 8, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  20. fella from Chicago

Aloha....have a good trip, don't come back. Now I feel safe that the self annointed Commander-in-Chief is outside the Continental US.

August 8, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  21. Susan MO

Nancy,

I recently found out one of the PUMA creators were caught embezzling the cash being donated. Hope you weren't a big contributor.

August 8, 2008 01:56 pm at 1:56 pm |
  22. jamaal

Obama is the Future Mccain is the Past let move into the Future with a Young capable leader. Obama 08

August 8, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  23. Boston For OBAMA

Wonderful........Have a great trip. Enjoy family life again.

August 8, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  24. Frank Ferina

I did not see Obama's "COMMANDER AND CHIEF VACATION SEAL" when he was speaking to reporters.

August 8, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  25. Cath

"I would never leave my kids with man named Obama..."
    What the heck is that supposed to mean? Can we stick to the issues please!!! The man and his family deserve a vacation and I hope they get that precious family time together.....The Hillary supporters need to see the reality of why she didn't win – arrogance and entitlement – she listened to Mark Penn...where is all of their anger about that? When I heard that she was shunning certain states and the caucus states, I decided to open up my thinking to all of the candidates...when i saw Obama's platform I chose him over Hillary...in additionn, Bill's antics during the campaign only validated my choice because he is just as shrewd ad calculating as she is...it's a shame to see two people become so miserable...

August 8, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |