August 12th, 2008

Ron Paul's wife hospitalized

Ron Paul's wife was taken to the hospital Monday.
Ron Paul's wife was taken to the hospital Monday.

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Rep. Ron Paul's wife was hospitalized Monday at a Houston-area hospital, a spokesman for the Texas Republican confirms to CNN.

"Carol Paul has been taken ill and is currently in the Critical Care Unit at a Houston area hospital," Jesse Benton, Paul's spokesman, said in an email statement to CNN. "She has had several abdominal surgeries and remains in serious but stable condition. Dr. Paul appreciates the outpouring of concern and good wishes during this difficult time."

Benton did not name the hospital or provide further details about the hospitalization.

Paul unsuccessfully sought the 2008 Republican presidential nomination, developing a loyal following among people who support limited government as well as among anti-war activists. Paul was the only Republican presidential candidate who opposed the Iraq war.

Filed under: Ron Paul
  1. ANGIE

I am an obama supporter but my prayers are with your family, I like ron paul and i would have voted for him, Hope your wife is well soon!!!

August 12, 2008 10:45 am at 10:45 am |
  2. Anyone but these 2

Best wishes to Mrs. Paul. I hope she recovers quickly so that Ron can work towards a better America without distraction. He is probably the most clear-headed Republican out there.

August 12, 2008 10:46 am at 10:46 am |
  3. Mattness

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Mrs. Paul and the Paul family. I'm also praying Ron Paul supporters will storm the Republican Convention and oust McSame! Then we can all vote for Ron Paul instead of the lesser of two evils.

August 12, 2008 10:47 am at 10:47 am |
  4. Matt

It's a shame that the vile Obama supporters can't even put aside their illogical hatred to offer well wishes to a woman who has fallen ill.

Juvenile and obscene.

August 12, 2008 10:54 am at 10:54 am |
  5. Travis in Colorado

Ron Paul, my families prayers and thoughts are with you and your wife at this time. We hope, pray and wish for a speedy, healthy recovery.

August 12, 2008 11:01 am at 11:01 am |
  6. sick wife = party time

Since Paul's wife is ill now, does that mean he can follow McCain and Edwards (and Clinton?) and cheat on his wife now too? Hmm...

August 12, 2008 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  7. Hannah, IL

My prayers go out to Ron Paul and his family. He's a decent man, and I'm sure his wife is as well.

May God be with them at this time.

August 12, 2008 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  8. JD in Moraga, CA

...funny, in that picture he kinda looks like Sir Ian McKellan...

August 12, 2008 11:09 am at 11:09 am |
  9. Texas Trail Dog!

I hope you wife is better and I will pray for her. You are a good man with good intentions RON PAUL.

August 12, 2008 11:12 am at 11:12 am |
  10. Caroline, Kentucky

Get well soon Mrs. Paul. Your husband is one of the few REAL conservatives left in Congress, and as a Democrat, I still deeply respect him and your family.

August 12, 2008 11:13 am at 11:13 am |
  11. Concerned INDEPENDENT CT voter

i hope his family all the best.... & I hope he gathers a ton of votes in November

-V