August 14th, 2008

Obama campaign unveils second Olympics ad

Obama is set to release its second Olympics spot on Monday.
Obama is set to release its second Olympics spot on Monday.

(CNN) - Barack Obama’s campaign unveiled its second Olympics spot Thursday, another economy-focused ad aimed at middle class voters.

The ad, Three Bedroom Ranch, will air on national cable and broadcast television in all 50 states beginning next Monday.

“A plan to build. A plan to put hard working Americans first,” says the announcer in the 30-second spot, over footage of a house being constructed. “He’ll put the middle class ahead of Corporate Interests to grow the economy. End tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas. Help businesses that create jobs here. Invest in education. Cut taxes for working families. And make energy independence an urgent national priority.”

Obama’s first Olympics buy was another positive spot, focused on his “green jobs” policy proposals.

During the same period, his campaign has also released tough local radio spots attacking opponent John McCain as he visits manufacturing communities in battleground states, including an ad that said the presumptive Republican nominee and his campaign manager Rick Davis were partly responsible for the potential loss of thousands of Ohio jobs, and another that painted him as uninterested in protecting motorcycle manufacturing jobs. That ad was timed to coincide with his trip to York, Pennsylvania, site of a major Harley-Davidson plant.

1. The Bush Twins : George and John

At least the majority of President Obama's ads give us an idea of what he would like to do for our country. Just can't say the same for the ads McBush puts out. But then again, McBush has no idea what he would like to do for our country, besides keep us caught up in wars all over the world.
    Obama !!!!!

August 14, 2008 02:09 pm at 2:09 pm |
  2. Montana is Obama Country

Nice JOB Barack... Positive, focused on the economy and helping Americans up again..

Yes..WE...Can...

Obama 2008..

August 14, 2008 02:12 pm at 2:12 pm |
  3. Shannon in California

Unlike McShame, Obama is running ads that tell how he will make a positive difference as president. McShame has not ideas so he is running negative ads about his opponent, which of course have false information in them. The repubs only tactics are smear and fear, not very honorable if you ask me.

August 14, 2008 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  4. What if?

For those who state they get nothing from this ad.…….read it without your Queen of tears, want to be President by any cost necessary added……..it's about the 19 millions that financially struggle day to day....it’s not about a woman, or her lacking of running a financially secure campaign…..but it is about Obama, our President with a plan for a serious issue in regards to this lousy economy we have.

Obama 08

August 14, 2008 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  5. Jeff

Goody for him...
    Obama and all of his supporters make me ashamed to be a Democrat. I'll be sitting this election out.

August 14, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  6. JFK

I guess he can buy this election now...

August 14, 2008 02:50 pm at 2:50 pm |
  7. Julie

I am glad that most of his are positive. That is Obama's message and I really hate to see him answer to McCain's childish put down commercials. Stick to the facts, I truly think that is what American wants.

August 14, 2008 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  8. roger

It is heartwarming to see all of the Obama supporters donating their "hard earned" money to his cause. Who said he wasn't accepting public financing? I know he is....all these unemployed bums simply consider him an investment for the future....donate now and we will get bigger welfare checks, bigger section 8, bigger food stamps, free health care....any and everything they ever dreamed for!

Barack Obama...the unemployed bums retirement plan!

August 14, 2008 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  9. Mike from L.A.

Personally I've been enjoying Obama's ad during the Olympic. As I watch with my family an event that brings people together, I don't need a nagging and whining old man telling me how bad someone else is and doesn't say why he, himself is good or plans to do.
    So, I enjoy Obama's positive and informative ads. He also knows that there's people like me watching and does not air a negative ad like McCain.
    You may talk about experience and all (frankly you are all media and talking point zombies, think for yourselves) but the know how to do that says a lot about the man. Hate all you want, but give him his credit.

Side question: Can someone really explain why Obama makes them sick or why they are sitting out? Real answers, not oh he doesn't pick Hillary, or I don't trust him, give concrete reason.. I bet I know the real answer ;)

August 14, 2008 03:03 pm at 3:03 pm |
  10. Linda of Atlanta

It is refreshing to see that Obama is continuing on the high road. People are sick of the McCain attack dogs and we'll show him that on November 4th!

August 14, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  11. Shari, NY

Brian of Trinidad : Are you posting from T&T? Why do you keep bashing Sen. Obama without any clear reasons? Your nation is oil blessed and I am beginning to decipher your stance.

August 14, 2008 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  12. informed florida voter

He knows he's not going to win. He just wants to see his mug all over the television. I've started turning the channel every time I see his face or hear his voice. If I have to keep suffering his ugly mug, I can just have my cable disconnected. I'll be so happy when he has been put in his place and removed from the public limelight.

August 14, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  13. NotFallingInLine.org

We've seen this tired trick from Obama before.

Obama is using the Democratic Party's positions on important issues as a smoke-and-mirrors trick to cover up his lack of a record and his sleazy nature.

Does he think we're stupid? We know that our party's positions are important. That's why we want real leaders to champion them.

The leaders of the Democratic Party have totally failed us.

Knoxville

August 14, 2008 03:15 pm at 3:15 pm |
  14. georgia independent

Excellent! Love the positive approach.

THIS is the sort of political ad that we need instead of McShame with the oil rig over the sun setting behind it. Apparently McShame believes this is the symbolism his average voter can grasp? Very sad. He's too old, too out of touch with reality...

August 14, 2008 03:16 pm at 3:16 pm |
  15. Rob indetroit

MCcain has no honor, all he does is tell lies, accusing Obama of raising taxes is a lie so much for straight talk.

P.S.

Give my regards to the
    first MRS. MCcain and children.

August 14, 2008 03:17 pm at 3:17 pm |
  16. Cathy in MD

Good ad! I have complete faith that Barack Obama will do the right thing for this country and every American citizen - without prejudice, without condition, without exception - unlike John McCain whose years of so-called "experience” are accompanied by years of baggage. Same goes for Hillary Clinton. I’m tired of looking at both of them. OBAMA ’08.

August 14, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  17. Tim, Seattle

@ Joe, who said
    "I was schocked to see the photos in Mr. McCains daughter's blog site. It was amazing to see the crowds that come out to his town halls and the reception he is receiving".
    Yeah. Photoshop can do wonders, cant it?

August 14, 2008 03:18 pm at 3:18 pm |
  18. Election Watcher

An ad for Obama smack dab in the middle of a week long ad for China. The king of liars sitting in the midst of a kingdom of liars. Birds of a further flock together

August 14, 2008 03:19 pm at 3:19 pm |
  19. NotFallingInLine.org

We've seen Obama use the Democratic Party's positions on important issues as a smoke-and-mirrors trick to cover up his lack of a record and his sleazy nature before.

The leaders of the Democratic Party have totally failed us.

Knoxville

August 14, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  20. Donna in ID

So What??????????? I am getting so sick of that egomaniac and his slick, fast talking crap. Yell 'CHANGE" with no real plan of action except to really spend tax dollars as your taxs grow by leaps and bounds. the man that is trying to sell America a potion that will cure everything while we still are oil dependent and can't secure our borders and upgrade ICE and get the judicial system straightened out instead of making all the laws as they go. So many things that need done and he hasn't a clue to all of it or how to get anything really done. He will be led around DC by the nose and do as he is told. He is a looser in my opinion.

August 14, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  21. Rob indetroit

It seems like all of MCcrazy's lobbyist staff has their hands in the cookie jar rick Davis is slime ,you talk about Obama but you lobby for a company that wants to ship jobs out of america. MCcrazy's other buddy is on the Georigan "PAYROLL". MCbush is too risky.

August 14, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |