August 16th, 2008

Crowley: Exit Obama

Obama and McCain crossed paths at the faith forum.
Obama and McCain crossed paths at the faith forum.

LAKE FOREST, California (CNN) - Obama wraps up. In all, he often slipped into stump speech material, but overall, but some questions brought some things I've never heard. He said he would not have appointed Clarence Thomas, basically because he thinks Thomas wasn't up to the job at the time.

This seemed like a very pro-Obama crowd to me, but mccain just walked on stage and people were very enthusiastic in the welcome. Obama and McCain shake hands and whisper something to each other.

Exit Obama... now for ACT 2.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Dre

Are you serious? You say Obama lapsed in his stump speech but say nothing of the same for McCain? Are the people at CNN lacking intelligence or did they decide to call it for McCain "to keep the race close".

I used to listen to your perspective but after this I think I'm done with CNN. Period.

August 16, 2008 10:51 pm at 10:51 pm |
  2. Norma

McCain stumped all night long. He used this as an opportunity to campaign which in my opinion underminded the credidability of the entire program. He did not talk relate any of the questions to the format of the program Faith and Religion.

He was 100% political!

August 16, 2008 10:53 pm at 10:53 pm |
  3. jennifer murphy

NO WAY WAS THIS AN OBAMA CROWD! Hello church peolpe, pro-lifers and anti-abortioners. I mean it was all set-up for McCain. Obama knew this, it was his chance to let the people see more of him. Which was good, but trust me, Obama's waiting for his chance to strike.

August 16, 2008 11:30 pm at 11:30 pm |
  4. Carolyn

Candy. Did we watch the same program? It was M<cCain who stumped. stumped some more and some more.

August 16, 2008 11:31 pm at 11:31 pm |
  5. BJ in NC

That's right ACT 2. As long as you all can slice and dice Obama you too are showing your preference as well a political affiliation. CNN you are disappointing the public. Thank goodness for other sources that tell the real picture that is not tainted with your political leanings. Can't wait for those of us who are never polled to get a chance to have our say in the polling booth.

August 16, 2008 11:32 pm at 11:32 pm |
  6. Pat Curtis

Did anyone notice that Obama almost said he wouldn't have appointed Thomas because he lacked "experi-"
    Almost a huge blunder

August 16, 2008 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  7. The Iraq war IS legal

Exit Obama is right........ bye bye presidency!!

August 16, 2008 11:59 pm at 11:59 pm |
  8. aware

Exit Obama is prophetic Candy!

McCain ran away with this one, and he will win the election!

McCain 08! :)

August 17, 2008 12:24 am at 12:24 am |
  9. Voice

A pro-Obama crowd? What forum were you watching? If people like you can jobs, how do we have such high unemployment levels?

August 17, 2008 12:28 am at 12:28 am |
  10. awol

why candy denegrating obama and seemed campaigning for Mccain?

August 17, 2008 12:32 am at 12:32 am |
  11. Ruth

Crowley states that this seemed to be a pro-Obama crowd; please let's be real. That crowd was most defintely pro-republican from the jump but polite-Obama. What we need in a president is not a good story teller, but someone who is a prudent and wise as well as judicious in decisions. MCCain seems to be likeable, but after tonight , I am convinced he is frighting listening to him talk about evil. As a christian, we all know we cannot defeat evil. And evil is in the world, USA included. But we must constantly fight evil. It is Jesus Christ according to the Judea-christian belief who will defeat evil. I am sorry; I am a devoted believer in Jesus Christ, but MCCain will be terrible for this country. I am voting for Obama. And I am against same sex marriages and abortion. But these two issues do not make a christian.

August 17, 2008 12:35 am at 12:35 am |
  12. Go4Gold

I would agree both candidates did a good job to the best of their abilities answering each question truthfully and honestly. However, on the subject of honesty, I believe Barack Obama was more thorough and direct in his responses to the questions whereas John McCain provided more personal storytelling responses avoiding direct answers to the specific questions. Both men have completely different styles in their approach and McCain seem to have been winning over the crowd. Their generational gap was apparent and compelling to watch.

August 17, 2008 01:19 am at 1:19 am |
  13. Becky Montgomery

Yes, Obama did tell us new things, as opposed to McCain who just pulled out his stump speeches and how wonderful I am stories.

August 17, 2008 01:37 am at 1:37 am |
  14. Ms Wright

Good Job BO

John Mccain is to old

Cnn you are so obviously biased for John Mccain it's sickening!!

August 17, 2008 02:10 am at 2:10 am |