August 16th, 2008

Schneider: McCain again circles back to the personal

(CNN) - John McCain again relates a very dramatic and very personal story of his captivity - again emphasizing his personal sacrifice and experience, the basis of his appeal.

Filed under: John McCain
  1. Mike

yes McWar again relates his POW story. Again and again and again...

August 17, 2008 12:46 am at 12:46 am |
  2. Linda,Fl

it is becoming Speculation. Seems, nothing good has been done since that: more war and war and war.

He feels very comfortable sitting on Cindy's beer profit.

August 17, 2008 12:51 am at 12:51 am |
  3. Kate/MA

O come on, when is he going to get over the "poor me" syndrome. He wasn't the only POW in that war or any other war. Other POWS have gone through just as much and maybe even more than he did.
    The only difference is their name was/is not McCain. If it wasn't for his father and grandfather he would be treated like any another POW.

What about all the men/women who have been killed in all the wars we have been involved in? What about all the disabled men/women from all those wars? What makes him or other people think he should be held on "a holier than thou" pedestal than all these other veterans?

August 17, 2008 12:54 am at 12:54 am |
  4. LLMTruth

As I stated in another post; I am sick and tired of hearing about John McCain's experience in Viet Nam. Look, that war has been over for 33 years, count them 33 years, its time to move on and if he can't them we shouldn't be voting for him.

I too served in Viet Nam and had equally as ugly expericences but for the love of God, enough is enough already. I have never heard a candidate refer to their war experience as much as McCain does. After a while it becomes scary. Maybe he isn't able to move on and every decision he makes is based on this event in his life.

This could definitely have a negative effect when deciding foreign policy. Perhaps McCain needs psychiatric help in dealing with these long harbored feelings. I don't see this as being presidential, I see this as being psychologically bent.

Sorry, but this is just how I feel....

August 17, 2008 01:02 am at 1:02 am |
  5. nelda

Yes, it was admiral but yet he GOT OFF THE TOPIC ! McCain clearly used his POW experiences as a way to lure the voter. He wasn't there to talk about his faith but used the stage to conduct a campaign speech.

August 17, 2008 01:08 am at 1:08 am |
  6. Webster

Personally, I am sick and tired of McCain jabbering on about his personal past...tell us what you will do with the future of our country Johnny. This man is your typical politician. I know many Vietnam vets...you would think he was the only person who ever served there. Enough already.

August 17, 2008 01:27 am at 1:27 am |
  7. Webster

Yep and again and again and again and again. This man doesnt have a clue what is going on in this country or what to do about it. He is scarey.

August 17, 2008 01:28 am at 1:28 am |
  8. Becky Montgomery

Give me a break. Noun, verb, POW story. Stretch them out so your short shallow answers aren't so obvious.

I have a high tolerance for cheesy stuff, but this was over the top even for me.

Spare us another presidency of a cowboy, non-thinking person.

August 17, 2008 01:28 am at 1:28 am |
  9. stump speech

It was advertized by cnn as an interview / ( Scneider if this is an interview the meaning needs to be been changed to stump speech on self pity,more war,no voice for woman , more war, ,drill )

August 17, 2008 02:03 am at 2:03 am |