August 19th, 2008

Gore to speak on Democratic convention's final night

Gore will speak at Invesco Field.
Gore will speak at Invesco Field.

(CNN) – Former Vice President Al Gore has accepted a speaking role on the final night of the Democratic convention, appearing on the same stage that Barack Obama will officially receive the Democratic Party’s presidential nomination, three sources tell CNN.

It is unclear what Gore will say in the speech or at what time he will deliver his remarks before an audience that is expected to exceed 70,000 at Invesco Field.

The Obama campaign would not comment on the matter.

Filed under: Al Gore • Candidate Barack Obama • DNC
  1. ARMY WIFE

DEBKANSAS... GET OVER YOURSELF...AND GET A LIFE..

HILLARY LOST BECAUSE OF HERSELF...YOU PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE FACTS AND LET THEM SINK IN....OBAMA DID NOT STEAL ANYTHING....

August 19, 2008 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  2. Nia Hussein- Phoenix, AZ

I'd rather thaty he replace Bubba and speak that night instead. And the last night be given to Kennedy

August 19, 2008 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  3. E.C.Coleman

Great News............that's one night I won't watch!

August 19, 2008 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  4. Pat Riot

Hopefully global warming doesn't interfere.

August 19, 2008 12:24 pm at 12:24 pm |
  5. Red Rotor

I dig Al Gore so much. Go GORE! Keep fightin' the good fight, and thank you for your service to the country (and the world now). Looking forward to hearing you speak.

August 19, 2008 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  6. Broad street buddy

I hope he calls out George Bush for the coward and criminal that he is just like he did on the night he endorsed Obama. Hes the only democrat to actually have a backbone.

August 19, 2008 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  7. Open Your 3rd Eye

@ William James

You are out of control l.o.l.

August 19, 2008 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  8. Jennifer

Way to go, save all the best for last. It should be a grand finale to the convention.

August 19, 2008 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  9. HENRY

What a bore. Will he explain how he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in 2000 by ignoring the Clintons or he invented the internet?

Henry from Illinois

August 19, 2008 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  10. Democrates

I have been reading post under other headings and i must admit I am sadden by the over all knowledge and hatred of my fellow americans. I mean as an independent who clearly view this election from the middle, I am a 38 year old white man, I am a Navy Vet was involved in the first Gulf war, I have many friends who has served in Iraq and also my sister in the Air Force who has been to Iraq twice. To me the choice for America in this election is easy, I respect John McCain for his service but we need to get away from our old policies when it comes to over seas. The world around us has changed and we can no longer bully countries with our military strength (ie Russia) we need someone who has the intelect to use conversation and not anger. If you look around the world most countries has elected younger smarter presidents and prime ministers we need to make sure the person at the table has the wit and speaking skills to make America appear as smart if not smarter.
    As an Ex- military person for Navy Intellegence please get over this sparing and hatred between ourselves and come together for once and elect the person for presedent that will put us in the best position around the world and that person is Obama. After the next four years you can all go back to your party hatred and elect who you want. Please for now elect Obama I don't agree with some of his views but he is America best hope for these horrible times.

August 19, 2008 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  11. Laughing

Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton and Al Gore speaking at the convention. obama will seem like a little useless kid.

August 19, 2008 12:27 pm at 12:27 pm |
  12. Mac

He'll be asking the 70,000 in attendance to carpool home.

August 19, 2008 12:28 pm at 12:28 pm |
  13. Mike - Texas

Oh Mr. Greenjeans gets to speak. How nice.

The one that wants everyone else to sacrifice and be green so that he doesn't have to be.

Gore just want to;
    1) drive his big SUV's
    2) live in a house that consumes as much energy as 20 of his neighbors combined
    3) fly in his private jet

In other words Gore wants you and me to do as he says and not as he does.

Just think about it a little bit, Gore's house alone has a BIGGER CARBON FOOTPRINT than 20 of his neighbors combined.

<<>>

August 19, 2008 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  14. kim

Al will not be VP. There is no text message

August 19, 2008 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  15. Gobama

Why can't Clinton supporters put together coherent sentences?

August 19, 2008 12:29 pm at 12:29 pm |
  16. Debby

Oh good I like Gore so it will be a Clinton/Gore convention thats great. Biden as VP will be Obama's nightmare if thats where there are going, as soon as the VP debates come up and Biden loses his temper. Biden dictates he doesn't discuss, just watch him some of Bill Mahrer old shows.

August 19, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  17. baker

Start of a new day in america under Obama = start to loose freedom, start to loose liberty, keep growing government bigger and bigger, start of socialism in the american government!

August 19, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  18. jj

wrong choice for vp for al gore

August 19, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  19. Kenneth F

Hillary might have made a better candidate then Obama, but I did not want Bill back in office. Too many silly things would be going on in the office and she would be ham stringed by his outings. If she would have divorced him after they got out of office I would have voted for her.

August 19, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  20. Annoy the Media, Say NO to Obama

Dear Obama supporters,

You folks blast anyone that mentions Hillary. Please don't forget that during the primaries, Michelle said that she would NOT support Hillary if she was the nominee. So you people are critizing others for doing exactly what Michelle claims she would have done.

August 19, 2008 12:30 pm at 12:30 pm |
  21. ProudToBeDemocrat

I can wait to see Mccain defeated and elect Obama for our 44th president and change bring this country to were it was before the republicans destroy it. Mccain wants to defeat evil how is that possible evil existed since the adam and evil violated God's trust, humans can not defeat only GOD can, Obama answer was honest and clear, when he said we should confront it with and let God take care the rest, that is an honest christian answer in my view.

August 19, 2008 12:31 pm at 12:31 pm |
  22. Jim

I can't believe how sexist some women are. Just because Hillary is a girl people think she is entitled, unbelievable...of all the racist remarks from West Virginia Obama never mentioned it once, while Hillary and her supporters are still acting like spoiled brats.

August 19, 2008 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  23. Maggie, TN

I think it is fitting that Hillary supporters are still complaining. Just like their leader, spoiled and bratty until the bitter end. She doesn't deserve anything. I hope New Yorkers kick her to the curb, but I doubt it. She's such a manipulative person. So she didn't win, now she's going to take her toys and go home? So typical of a selfish person.

August 19, 2008 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  24. Chris

Al Gore is great, but he won't be VP. He should have been president (what am I saying–he was elected president) eight years ago. Too bad the Supreme Court was stupid enough to put W in office instead. Way to go, O'Connor.

August 19, 2008 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |
  25. Obama/Gore

This country needs decent people like Obama/Gore. Internationally recognised individuals.

August 19, 2008 12:32 pm at 12:32 pm |