August 19th, 2008

Rendell voting for Clinton

Rendell says he's voting for Clinton at the convention.
Rendell says he's voting for Clinton at the convention.

(CNN) – Perhaps Ed Rendell's name can be officially scrapped from the list of potential VPs.

The Pennsylvania governor and fervent Hillary Clinton backer said Monday he's planning to vote for the New York senator at the Democratic convention next week.

Rendell, who has been credited with helping to deliver his state to Clinton, told a Pennsylvania blog Monday that a vote for Clinton is not meant to show disunity.

"It honors the hard work of so many people who supported Sen. Clinton," he told PolitickerPA. "Many of the Pennsylvania delegates worked their heart out for Sen. Clinton, and they're excited to cast a vote for her. From my vantage point, that will be closure for them."

"Early on, I said I would cast my ballot for Sen. Clinton," he also said. "I'm going to cast my ballot for her, and then the moment I cast my vote, I'm going to continue to enthusiastically support Sen. Obama. It's going to be a good release for all of us."

Rendell has long said he would make a bad running mate, noting in an interview, "If I'm asked a question, I answer it and I tell the truth,” he said last February. "That probably isn't a good idea for someone who is the No. 2 on the ticket."

1. TSAH

TO AWARE
    Aren't you AWARE of the fact that HILLARY LOST??? I am an Obama fan and if Obama would have lost – FAIRLY – I was casting my vote for Hillary – NOT switching sides and/or threatening the Democratic party because I am UPSET!!!!

All I can say to all of the PUMAs and so-Called Hillary fans who are not going to vote for Obama – So be it!!! NO ONE is going to know what you have done when you walk into the voting booth anyway!!!! We do not even know your REAL NAME...LOL Jeez!!!!

August 19, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  2. proud army and navy mom

it's not meant for disunity????

Pennsylvania is a key state and that idiot Rendell is going to vote for a loser. That's make no sense.

Watch your back Sen Obama. Rendell is part of Clinton's backstabbing team.

August 19, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  3. Tony Z- MD

For all of you that think Obama is a bad choice- who is in debt. Hillary is a good candidate, but she ran a bad campaign. There is nothing more to be said.

If her 18 million voters want to vote for McCain than fine. The sad part is your vote would be against what she stands for. This is exactly why America is struggling. We have adults who are showing kids very bad lessons.

Put the shoe on the other foot. If Obama lost what would you say to his supporters. Again, she ran a bad campaign.

August 19, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  4. Mark

I don't know why I continue to read these comments. Hey Clinton supporters, you're not voting for your favorite American Idol contestant...this is for President of the United States. Shut up and move on.

August 19, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  5. American in London

if Hillary surely controls her 18million voters, why not ask them to retire her debt?? Why has this become Obama's burden?? How can you run a poor campaign, loose votes and money, and expect your opponent to clean up your mess?? This is bad leadership at best!!

August 19, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  6. Bill From Florida

I admire Rendell for his loyalty, unlike Richardson. There is no doubt
    that Rendell will support Obama, but it's kind of refreshing to see
    someone stand up for what and whom they believe in. I hope more super deligates are realizing Obama will not win the White House
    without Clinton on the ticket.

August 19, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  7. jfs Memhis, Tn

Way to go Ed....thanks for your support. I am sure that the DNC will be the first to contribute to your re-election in PA. I am also sure that the Obama voters in Pa are VERY happy with your decision....sure hope that you garner their support in your next election , not to mention President Obama's.

August 19, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  8. ALLAN USA.

If no HRC -go for McCain

August 19, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  9. SDunn

Also, I can't wait for many of you whiners to eat crow when Obama wins.

August 19, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  10. Becky

Can't wait till the convention is over so the Hillary whiners stop! Sheesh. They need closure.

August 19, 2008 09:53 am at 9:53 am |
  11. Cape Cod

Good for you Gov. Rendell!!!!! Just goes to show there are a few people out there that can't be bought to back Obama & state their loyality elsewhere. The convention should be interesting!!!! Everyone seems to forget Obama is only the PRESUMPTIVE nominee, not is not written in stone yet & depending on what happens during the rollcall that may change. It's a long shot, but just may happen.

August 19, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  12. Axel

Rendell is an idiot. This is not the year for political posturing and back slapping.

August 19, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  13. Brad

I agree with Shree, Obama is a very bad choice. Obama has no chance of defeating McCain.

Hillary is the only one that can.

August 19, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  14. Open Your 3rd Eye

OBAMA, YOU NEED TO DROP THIS B__CH ASAP! SHE'S NOT HELPING, SHE'S HURTING YOU. THIS IS HER PAYBACK, THOUGH SUBLIMINAL, IT IS STILL PAYBACK. HER INTENTIONS ARE ONLY FOR HERSELF. BELIEVE US WHEN WE TELL YOU SHE COULD CARE LESS IF YOU WIN, BUT WE, YOUR TRUE SUPPORTERS DO CARE. WE ARE BEHIND YOU 100% AND BELIEVE US WHEN WE TELL YOU YOU DO NOT NEED HER TO WIN...AT ALL!!

August 19, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  15. BrewhouseBob

I live in PA and I will NEVER cast another ballot for Rendell for any office at any time. He's hitched his wagon to a falling star and I intend to watch him ride it into oblivion.

August 19, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  16. Obama-Junkie, IL

Unfortunately it is Clinton supporters like Shree Shrestha who would rather abandon the Democratic party principles and ideas to uphold loyalty to the Clintons. The Clintons know that the only way Hillary can be elected President is if Obama loses in November. If Obama wins in November he could be president for two full terms, which means Hillary would be 68 years old if she tried to run again.

Unfortunately all of these Hillary Clinton supporters should be sending cash to Hillary Clinton's campaign since she is still mired in debt. If Hillary had the choice as to whether to recognize her name as a presidential candidate at the convention or pay off her debt/loans, Hillary will definitely choose the money.

August 19, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  17. Baxter, TX

OBAMA is falling from grace, OR the truth about that man is starting to sink in. He would bring our country to a halt, but he can lead a speech. "JUST SPEECHES" WAKE UP AMERICA, HE IS NOOOOO LEADER.

August 19, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  18. Misty

Hey Aware–Unaware!! You are the Loser for not using your brains!
    Obama is not a loser. It is because of him H Clinton's name can go on the ballot.

He and the Democratic Party are about Democracy and letting all voices heard.
    Ed is following his choice– so what!!

Obama WILL WILL and he will defeat McCain who is SCARY!!

Obama 08, 12

August 19, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  19. Philly

Good for Ed. Now I will consider voting for him in the future..At least one of PA's elected officials has some balls..Cant say the same for Senator Casey..His tenure in the Senate will surely be short lived since he decided to go against the will of the voters in his state and support the know nothing Obama.....PA will not forget Senator!..You go ED! Im proud of you!

August 19, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  20. PUMA 4 HILL

Goof for you Ed. But what you should do you should also say! Cast your vote for Hillary and state you are for her also as she is the best candidate.

We've cast our vote and we are still going to Denver to stand by it!!!

PUMA PAC – it's a just cause!

August 19, 2008 09:54 am at 9:54 am |
  21. JOHN SCOOTER MCCAIN

OBAMA DOESN'T NEED HER . HE WILL DO JUST FINE. AND IF HE DOES NOT WIN HILLARY WILL NOT HAVE A CHANCE IN 2012 ANYWAY. ENOUGH PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT HER LYING BACK STABBING WAYS. THIS IS ALL VERY CLEAR TO THE PUBLIC.

OBAMA.......08

August 19, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  22. linell

Wow...this is so sad. It is time for a generational change, people. My generation has had its chance and failed miserably. We need new blood. "But we've always done it this way" doesn't cut it anymore.

August 19, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  23. Joe Reg

America and the rest of the world await you Democrats.

Too much at stake to show weakness. We must unite behind one leader to throw the bums out.

The time has come for a change of the guards.

Obama 08/12.

August 19, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  24. Jen

Here we go again. They just can't accept that Hillary Clinton lost the race for the White House. People need to start supporting Senator Obama and stop all this nonesense and drama. I am tired of the whole thing. I think the Democratic Party needs to support one person, and that individual is Barack Obama. This is ridiculous.

August 19, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |
  25. scooter

Does it really matter since it was stolen from her its a sure win for McCaine. how the Dems every ended up with the rookie and about to loose the election is beyond me. I guess we can all thank Obama and all his great new Dems he has brought into this party.

August 19, 2008 09:55 am at 9:55 am |