August 20th, 2008

Doctor: Congresswoman remains in critical condition

Tubbs Jones suffered an aneurysm.
Tubbs Jones suffered an aneurysm.

(CNN) - Ohio Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones remains in critical condition at a Cleveland, Ohio, hospital with limited brain function, but has not died, said Dr. Gus Kious, chief of staff at Huron Hospital.

Democratic sources previously had told CNN Tubbs Jones had died.

Earlier: Jones rushed to hospital

Filed under: Stephanie Tubbs Jones
  1. INDEPENDENT NYC

I wish her well and hope she recovers. She has stuck next to Clinton all year I hope Clinton is on her way.

August 20, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  2. Quency

I am very sorry to hear the congresswomen death or any death for that matter. I wonder though If Obama shunning her and other black politicians who supported Clinton gave her the aneurysm.

August 20, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  3. Tyree

wait a min, im watching cnn right now, and now they say she is alive, she just in bad shape, wow, everybody please pray hard for her to come through.........

August 20, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  4. Mario, Madison

She's still alive!!! Thank GOD!! Pray for her!!!!!

August 20, 2008 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  5. Kevin C

Man, that's a serious "WOOPS" on CNN's part. Hopefully she pulls through.

August 20, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  6. Brian Rich

There's no need for negativity on this thread. Tubbs Jones IS known for her ability to defend her constituents, which is her job. Disliking her for doing her job is as logical as writing in a third term vote for President Bush.

August 20, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  7. joycelyn

CNN please don't give me a heart attack. What is going on? Hope she makes it through.

August 20, 2008 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  8. Lynn

My prayers are with her, her family , friends and the people of her district.

August 20, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  9. Watermann

This is why I love America. In a time of mourning people forget about politics and just see the human being. It is good to see.

All my condolences to her family and may she rest in peace in a better world.

August 20, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  10. AT

What a terrible loss for our country. May her soul rest in peace. May her family be blessed and comforted at this time of sorrow. It does not matter what the political views are, a very fine woman has left us. God bless her life.

August 20, 2008 02:44 pm at 2:44 pm |
  11. WomanPolitician

omg – cnn you are joking right? how could you be so wrong about something so important! well if she isn't dead then i hope she gets better. Shame on you, CNN.

August 20, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  12. kel

To the family of Rep Tubs
    I will keep you and her in thoughs and prayers and as was a long ago she is in good hands when she is in the hands of GOD.

August 20, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  13. Dems are stuck in the fix they rigged

This is sad news.

My heart goes out to her and her family.

Watch the HRC haters will say something vulgar about this sadness.

August 20, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  14. soy

She's not died!!! She's still in critical condition and I hope she pulls through. She needs to be alive to see Obama get elected and the glory of our nation restored.

August 20, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  15. Jasmyne

What the hell CNN. You probably should confirm f someone is actually dead before you start reporting it. what a bunch of LAMES!

August 20, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  16. Teddy B

Not so fast CNN! She is still hangin' in there. God Bless Her.

August 20, 2008 02:45 pm at 2:45 pm |
  17. Mary

CNN, How could you have reported without knowing for sure?

August 20, 2008 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  18. cherrystrawberry

SHE IS STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!! dANG DONT COVER HER UP YET yAWL. LOL

August 20, 2008 02:46 pm at 2:46 pm |
  19. I WO /OWC &M

RIP what is that about ? Now if you have not enough letters figure this above out

August 20, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  20. Belle

I'm very sorry Stephanie Tubbs Jones is in critical condition. My prayers go out to her and her family.

Shame on CNN. Journalists are supposed to CONFIRM facts before they report them. A phone call to the hospital is too much to expect from the "Best Political News Team" I guess.

August 20, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  21. Debby

Oh thank God my prayers go out to her.

August 20, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |
  22. No haters

Please, for this great woman, stay respectful on this thread.

No time to make anti-HRC comments.

August 20, 2008 02:47 pm at 2:47 pm |