August 21st, 2008

Obama: I've decided

Obama says he has made up his mind.
Obama says he has made up his mind.

(CNN) - The political world may not yet know who the next Democratic vice presidential candidate will be, but Barack Obama does.

The Illinois senator told USA Today Thursday he has made up his mind on who he will ask to join him on the Democratic presidential ticket.

"Yes," Obama said matter-of-factly when asked if the decision had been made.

But Obama refused to say whether the newly-minted Democratic VP had been informed yet. "I won't comment on anything else until I introduce our running mate to the world," he said. "That's all you're going to get out of me."

Obama is expected to appear at a rally with his running mate in Springfield, Illinois Saturday. It remains unclear just when the campaign will announce the VP choice via text message.

UPDATE: CNN's Chris Welch reports Barack Obama confirmed to reporters in Virginia he has made up his mind.

“I did say that I've made the selection and that's all you're going to get," Obama said.

Watch: "I've made the selection," Obama says

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Lillian Driver

He acts like it's not our business who he picks. The only way he could possibly get my vote, is if he says Hilary. But he won't.

2. Aaron

It better be Hillary or my vote will go to McCain

3. LMAO AFL Not Credible

It better be a good candidate.. otherwise everyone will hate you for making us wait.

4. Kate

This is ridiculous! What are we - in high school. Why don't you "text" me when you grow up!

5. Terri

No Hillary

Her people are meeting with Johnny 'speople how pathetic

Go Bam
    We got it in Nov.

6. Obama Supporter

Put Clinton on the Ticket Obama. Suck it up and put the woman on the ticket!!!

7. mario

Mccain 2008 , Hillary 2012 and 2016 , Bill won in 1992 and 2012 is Hillarys year :))

8. Dave in Tampa, FL

Please PLEASE let it be Gen Wes Clark!

That being said, Barack, my phone is charged and ready for the text telling me who my country's next Vice President is!

OBAMA/CLARK 08!!! (please, dear G-d)

9. lori

I believe Erik is correct. to encure a victory in November, he has to put Clinton on the ticket as VP!!!!

10. Sam

Without Hillary you can kiss it good bye.

11. MT, Texas

This is too funny. To watch Obama drag the announcement out to try to create a buzz, when all the top picks are big disappointments. I personally hope Biden gets it, because that would be the most detrimental for their hopes in November. But I have to say Kaine sure doesn't inspire confidence either.

Of course, his best bet for a win in November really would be Hillary ... but would you feel safe with Bill and Hillary behind your back? Of course Bill could reinstate his fundraising campaign renting out rooms in the White House to the Chinese.

What's fascinating is to watch a campaign on such a rise start faltering and when you thought it impossible, lose the election again.

12. Brian G, Sugar Land, TX

AArrrrggghhhh! So how much longer is he gonna keep us in suspense? I've already chewed my toenails down to the nubs!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9