August 21st, 2008

Obama: I've decided

Obama says he has made up his mind.
Obama says he has made up his mind.

(CNN) - The political world may not yet know who the next Democratic vice presidential candidate will be, but Barack Obama does.

The Illinois senator told USA Today Thursday he has made up his mind on who he will ask to join him on the Democratic presidential ticket.

"Yes," Obama said matter-of-factly when asked if the decision had been made.

But Obama refused to say whether the newly-minted Democratic VP had been informed yet. "I won't comment on anything else until I introduce our running mate to the world," he said. "That's all you're going to get out of me."

Obama is expected to appear at a rally with his running mate in Springfield, Illinois Saturday. It remains unclear just when the campaign will announce the VP choice via text message.

UPDATE: CNN's Chris Welch reports Barack Obama confirmed to reporters in Virginia he has made up his mind.

“I did say that I've made the selection and that's all you're going to get," Obama said.

Watch: "I've made the selection," Obama says

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. John

ITS HILLARY!!! IM 100% SURE!!

I PRAY THAT IT IS MY BABY HILL!!

August 21, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  2. SLIMSISTA FROM NEW YORK

COLIN POWELL...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME...

TWO AFRICAN AMERICANS RUNNING THIS COUNTRY AND WILL DO A BETTER JOB THAN THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION...

OBAMA/POWELL I KNOW THAT WOULD UPSET THE STATUS QUO!!!

August 21, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  3. Donna P.

I hope it is Joe Biden since Biden thinks "Obama is a clean black person".

4. Barry Wakeling

Go McCain!!!

5. paul

Louis Farkan
    One elitest and the other is religious freak!

6. jorge lopez

Hillary will be the one....

7. Brian

Oooh who will he pick? Who cares? Knock it off already and just tell us who it is. We're not going to vote for you anyway.

8. SLIMSISTA FROM NEW YORK

COLIN POWELL...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME...

OBAMA/POWELL I KNOW THAT WOULD UPSET THE STATUS QUO!!!

9. Thomas, CT

Hillary – or no November victory.

It's as simple as that.

10. Tiz

Enough is enough! This is starting to drag on too long and feed right into the "Celebrity" behavior the republicans are accusing Obama of. This hold and wait has gone on for three days now, long enough for someone to develop and send out FAKE VP announcements.

I'm guessing Mr. Celebrity is baskin in this attention.

11. 08 for America

Kaine seems to be the best choice for VP. Few more hours to discover

12. Jay

Obama said he does not want someone who wants to be in the news all the time, meaning no drama queen, so I do not think it will be Hillary.

13. lenny

no, guys. It is Al Gore. Whether u like it or not. It's time the big hurt. Big Al. He da man

14. Kiplangat

The decider has decided that his running mate is JB

15. jorge lopez

Hillary will be the one....

16. SLIMSISTA FROM NEW YORK

COLIN POWELL...THAT WOULD BE AWESOME...

OBAMA/POWELL I KNOW THAT WOULD UPSET THE STATUS QUO!!!

17. Kim

Hillary has been extremely quiet for the past couple of days. hmmmm I hope she does not get on board this sinking ship. Please don't do it!!

18. PatrickMN

Dick Cheney!!!!!

August 21, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  19. Jimmy in SC

All you people that say you will vote for McCain if he does not pick Hillary are out of your minds! Just like a child saying " if we dont play what I want to play then I am taking my toys and going home"! Well go ahead! Just hope you even have a home to taket hem to if McCain wins!

August 21, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  20. cevans, tx

HSNP:

So, be stupid and not vote!!

You all give Hillary to much credit!! And, I was once on the Hillary bandwagon....Only thing we have in common is the fact that she's a woman and that is just not good enough.

OBAMA '08 / YES WE CAN!!!

August 21, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  21. lenny

no, guys. It is Al Gore. Whether u like it or not. It's time for the big hurt. Big Al. He da man

August 21, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  22. Dem for Unity

"My fellow Dems", Our time has come for Victory. Who cares about the Hillary bloggers. Who cares about the Ney sayers. Its our time. Obama Will win more hearts over. Lets Celebrate no matter who the pick is. Toast .....To our future.

August 21, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  23. Vegas

Hi... I have a secret and I'm not telling...

Typical 3rd Grader!

He will pick someone as soon as they stop turning him down.
    Nobody want's to attach themselves to a loser.

August 21, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  24. Jesse, St. Louis Park, MN

WESLEY CLARK!!!!!!!!!

Washington outsider, foreign policy/military background, progressive Democrat with campaign experience who knows how to attack McCain effectively!

August 21, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  25. Gerald

It really doesn't matter who it is..he could put Michael Phelps on the ticket...anybody but McSame!!
    Seriously though I would like to see Gov. Sebelius on the ticket!!

Obama 08!!!!!!!